Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Susan Delgado *DT4 spoilers*

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I did see Roland's mom as being kinda helpless...helpless in the face of Broadcloak's sexual dominance of her. (even though Flagg did state later that she retained some kind of inner defiance of him...I forget what he said exactly) Perhaps I'm extrapolating, but it seemed to me that she loved her husband and loved her son but Marten "forced" her to cheat on her husband with him and be distant to Roland. This was my impression. (it's still unclear to me how he pulled that off...magic of some sort? It appears so to me)

With Susan, I got the message that she felt like she didn't have a choice or rather, not much of a choice. It was pimp herself out or live in poverty. Seems that a lot of women, in the absence of a better option, might make such a deal and once that better option did come along she might have felt that she couldn't do anything about it. On the other hand, maybe she was just stupid...but no one said you had to be smart to be a damsel in distress.

Traveler Lady Santos will become famous soon enough Lady Santos's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see this is an old thread, but I am a big Susan Delgado fan, so I can't resist. I LOVE Susan. Audiobook Susan, not reading Susan. Because she was really solid. She was 16 in W&G and I can see myself at 16, making stupid mistakes and being in love for the first time. But Susan was brave. I think the thing I love most about her is how she always thinks about her Da. I am very very very close to my own Da, and if something, ka forbid, were to happen to him, (especially if it had happened when I was 16), I think I would do anything I could to live up to what he wanted. It's very easy to get your parent's beliefs twisted, and that was Susan's problem. But I don't understand the hate for her. We were all 16 once-for me it was a sweet time-not as sweet as my life now, but very sweet in it's own right. To go to her death the way she did? I would hope I could be as brave as she was. I shed some tears every time over that passage.
    "I was thinking about Isis, and how she thought I was so reckless."-Isis, Bob Dylan

"Versifying Robin Hoods, stealing from the wealth of our poverty to feed our spirits"-Alan Kaufman, on modern Outlaw poets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2