Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: THE BILL HODGES TRILOGY BOX SETS ALL 1st EDITIONS?

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Thanks!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It's the front end of a Mercedes with blood dripping off of the emblem.

Copyright belongs to it's owners.
    Dammit RF I thought we told you to quite joy riding at 3AM

Received the books and art print today. My original receipt says the print will be a signed limited edition. Mine isn't. Am I wrong in questioning this. Thanks in advance to the group.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Received the books and art print today. My original receipt says the print will be a signed limited edition. Mine isn't. Am I wrong in questioning this. Thanks in advance to the group.
    Mine wasn't signed or numbered either. It was totally seperate from the box set, I suppose that was the intent, but yes, I agree that the original offer was for a signed limited art print.

From the email:

NOTE FOR COLLECTORS:
    Boxed SetFor a limited time only, if you order this item through the Cemetery Dance online store, you'll automatically receive a FREE signed Limited Edition art print inspired by the Bill Hodges trilogy with your shipment. We can't tell you who the artist is yet, but Stephen King fans have raved about this artist's work for King's Limited Editions and we don't expect these to last long. Normally, we would sell this signed Limited Edition Art Print for $25, but you can receive it absolutely free with this Boxed Set if you hurry!
    In my case my order fell through the cracks and had to send a reminder email. I wonder if all the signed limited ones were sent out already. I am not even sure who the artist is as there is no signature on it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Mine "fell through the cracks" too. If that's the case (signed prins sent out already) I would think we would have been given the option to cancel our order. I have sent Mindy and email and will let you know what her response is.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the same boat.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

As you can see above, mine wasn't signed either.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

was anyone's?

was anyone's?
    No. This was a mistake by yours truly when writing the sales copy, and no one else in the office caught it either, unfortunately. In fact, I didn't know I had made the mistake until I was asked just now and I went back and looked!

With the exception of a few projects, we don't ask Tomislav to sign things because the first few times we tried were a bit of a disaster due to some very rough handling by one of the postal services between the US and where he lives. Like, I'm pretty sure there's someone in the system between us who has a vendetta against printed matter and won't allow it to arrive in one piece.

So we wouldn't have asked him to sign, and I just bungled the sales copy. Very sorry about that. Anyone who is bummed by this oversight should definitely send me an email (address below) and I'll find a way to make it up to you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Guys, just a heads-up... if you're going to ask us to price match eBay prices on SK trade editions after they are published, the answer will always be the same: "Sorry, please feel free to return the book and we'll refund your money."

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Guys, just a heads-up... if you're going to ask us to price match eBay prices on SK trade editions after they are published, the answer will always be the same: "Sorry, please feel free to return the book and we'll refund your money."

Brian
    Haha, what? The customer wanted a difference between issue price and eBay prices?

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    Haha, what? The customer wanted a difference between issue price and eBay prices?
    Naw, he was just using it as a reference point, but I thought this was a good time to mention that we really cannot do that because a few people over the years have legitimately asked. He's a good customer, so I think he was just pointing out the market on that particular title. (Which was, I admit, a depressing thing to see!)

Brian

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine "fell through the cracks" too. If that's the case (signed prins sent out already) I would think we would have been given the option to cancel our order. I have sent Mindy and email and will let you know what her response is.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm in the same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    As you can see above, mine wasn't signed either.
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Mine wasn't signed or numbered either. It was totally seperate from the box set, I suppose that was the intent, but yes, I agree that the original offer was for a signed limited art print.

From the email:

NOTE FOR COLLECTORS:
    Boxed SetFor a limited time only, if you order this item through the Cemetery Dance online store, you'll automatically receive a FREE signed Limited Edition art print inspired by the Bill Hodges trilogy with your shipment. We can't tell you who the artist is yet, but Stephen King fans have raved about this artist's work for King's Limited Editions and we don't expect these to last long. Normally, we would sell this signed Limited Edition Art Print for $25, but you can receive it absolutely free with this Boxed Set if you hurry!
    In my case my order fell through the cracks and had to send a reminder email. I wonder if all the signed limited ones were sent out already. I am not even sure who the artist is as there is no signature on it.
    was anyone's?

Mine also "fell through that crack".

Sounds like CD hired some temp help around the office?

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Sounds like CD hired some temp help around the office?
    The blasted art print tripped us up in two different ways -- including an issue with how the orders filled (or didn't get filled) in our order management system. The books + the print are two different items that both needed to fill at the same time. We'll be entering promotional items differently in the future.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6