Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Remakes

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    not Freddy! NOT FREDDY!
    HE CAN'T COME BACK, IF NO ONE'S AFRAI-EE-AIIIIDDD!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I'M afraid.... of what they're gonna do to him!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Since Michael Bay's producing it, Freddy will probably not be wearing a shirt, have an 8 pack of abs and be wearing 2 razor gloves. He might possibly also have emo hair.

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

grr transformers was ok but i think someone else could had probably gotten it better

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What happened to Michael Bay being involved with movies like The Rock

with make up today and a high budget, this movie could seriously make Freddy look evil and twisted. Robert Englund IS Freddy but I sure wouldn't be opposed to a new Freddy, if they fit the role.

Willem Dafoe could do it. I just know he could.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Why can't people come up with their OWN IDEAS? Why so many remakes????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got no problem with remakes if they take it in their own direction and make it their own. Batman to Batman Begins and Rob Zombies Halloween. I didn't like Zombie's movie but at least he tried to bring something new to the table. then you have remakes like 'The Omen' which are almost shot for shot.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Why can't people come up with their OWN IDEAS? Why so many remakes????
    It's easier to just adapt/update someone else's work than come up with your own idea. A lot of it goes under the concept of "well, with today's technology it could be so much better" but that's bullshit. There is more to film than high-tech. Some of it is part of the fake nostalgia craze. More bullshit. My memory works just fine, I don't need cover movies.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Turns out Robert Englund isn't playing Freddy this time...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

of course not... one more reason it'll be stupid

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard about that. Of course the studio tried to calm the outcries by saying that they had Englund's "blessing" in finding a new actor to replace him.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if they truly did. Sorry...Robert Englund IS Freddy Krueger. His blessing isn't enough. He should do the movie or they should not.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You forget that 15 years have passed since the last movie was made and 30 since the original. Robert Englund has to be in his sixties now. I just couldn't take Freddy Kruger seriously as a geriatric, but perhaps that's just me. Robert Englund is awesome, but there are times when you have to hang it up, both as an actor and as a fan of an actor/role. This is why Hulk Hogan, somehow, still makes millions and has a massive fan base.

If they find the right actor, with the right look, I can see it being good. I think it would be awesome to see Johnny Depp be Freddy after getting a start in Nightmare on Elm Street. The role is right up his alley.

You forget that 15 years have passed since the last movie was made and 30 since the original. Robert Englund has to be in his sixties now. I just couldn't take Freddy Kruger seriously as a geriatric, but perhaps that's just me. Robert Englund is awesome, but there are times when you have to hang it up, both as an actor and as a fan of an actor/role.
    This is precisely why it shouldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    exactly. nothing is sacred, not a story, not a role someone made famous, nothing. eventually, it will ALL be remade, and the day someone remakes Citizen Kane or Dr. Strangelove is the day I am going to do a little gunslinging in Hollywood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

agreed
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i'll back you up...couple of rocket launchers and its all good...

cool i feel that ka-tet assembling nicely.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rob Zombie is why Halloween shouldn't have been redone but that didn't stop Hollywood.

Shakespheare has been redone and reimaged hundreds of times. Dickens has, Twain, Stroker... The remaking Nightmare On Elm Street should be the least of your 'sabotaging classics' bandwagon worries.

Rob Zombie is why Halloween shouldn't have been redone but that didn't stop Hollywood.

Shakespheare has been redone and reimaged hundreds of times. Dickens has, Twain, Stroker... The remaking Nightmare On Elm Street should be the least of your 'sabotaging classics' bandwagon worries.
    They ALL piss me off, sir.

Yeah but let's look at it in context. Elm St. started as a movie and is being redone as a movie. Dickens or Twain stories start as books. The movies made from them are re-imaged yes, but not in the same form. If someone re-wrote Tom Sawyer, yes, that'd be the same thing as this, a cover in the same medium. Also, it's Stoker, not Stroker. Huh huh, you said "stroker".

Traveler Voltare is on a distinguished road

if you've never seen the original psycho, then the remake ain't half bad.

Cape fear, the re-make, is much much better than the original, due to the insane robert deniro character.

I remember the original hobbit, the cartoon.Loved it.Still do.

A list of films never to be re-made :

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
    Oliver! the musical.
    Citizen Kane.
    Vertigo.
    Rebecca.
    Blazing Saddles.
    A Clockwork Orange.
    Soylent Green.

I think we need to get some sort of list together....some sort of petition going somehow.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voltare View Post
    I don't know, I think I disagree. I just did not find Anne Heche believable in that role. I could not imagine her causing Norman Bates to go crazy. Had someone else been cast, then I think it could have been alot better.

I also agree with some of your movies to not remake. Vertigo, Citizen Kane, Clockwork Orange. The remakes would never do them justice. And I too would add on Hitchock's version of Rebecca, but I'm pretty sure there's more versions out there. I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine at lunch today.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Voltare View Post

Cape fear, the re-make, is much much better than the original, due to the insane robert deniro character.

I remember the original hobbit, the cartoon.Loved it.Still do.

A list of films never to be re-made :

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
    Oliver! the musical.
    Citizen Kane.
    Vertigo.
    Rebecca.
    Blazing Saddles.
    A Clockwork Orange.
    Soylent Green.

I think we need to get some sort of list together....some sort of petition going somehow.
    Rear Window was remade...

twice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast