Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Remakes

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

True that. I've recently watched RoboCop a couple of times for the first time in years, and I thought it was a fantastic film, an ultra-violent, multi-layered classic. Exactly the wrong kind of film to remake. Generally, a good remake should only be made if the first one had a great idea that was shoddily executed. Although I don't technically consider it a remake, as it has little to do with the Stallone original other than its source material, this is why I'm looking forward to the new Dredd movie - bar one or two dodgy signs, so far it has a lot going for it, and I'm expecting it to be a much better translation of the source material than what we got before, with a brand new story to tell. RoboCop? What else is there to say? They've not only done sequels, they've done family tv series, there's really not much to tell.

There are exceptions, though. Scorsese's remake of Infernal Affairs, The Departed, is a pretty darn good gangster film, despite being more similar to the original film than he admitted. (I distinctly remember how he claimed that he had only taken the "idea" of Infernal Affairs, of two moles, one in the police, one in a gang, trying to find out who the other one is before one of them gets arrested/killed, but he took a lot more plotwise than that. Still, like I said, not a bad film overall.) Fincher's version of Dragon Tattoo was also a more faithful and multi-layered film than the original Swedish adaptation, although I've heard the extended cut of the latter is supposed to be better. With these exceptions though, it really comes down to the director, someone who can make something new out of something old. If a decent RoboCop film is to work, then fuck the cast, fuck the scriptwriter, it has to have a seriously fucking great director out there, not someone they just picked at random. Anyone know who the new director is, cause I've heard plenty about the cast, but fuck all about him, and that's not an encouraging sign.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to see "Prometheus" today and they rolled out the "Total Recall" remake. It looked good in the trailer and actually gave the impression of a little more depth than the original. Thoughts?

Edit: it just occurred to me, "True Dat" from a Brit? What's up wit dat, Homey? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My mum's from Scotland. It's like the Mexico of Britain.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, this is probably old news, but I suffered through the remake of Carrie last night and it blew. Badly. Somehow I could not disengage, however, I kept expecting it would get better...
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11