Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Removing previous owners name

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Removing previous owners name

I'm sure there is no good way to do this other than white out but if anyone knows please share

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uggg... sell book and get a new one It really is the only way. I could NOT stand that Bev...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's driving me crazy. The rest of the book and DJ are in really good shape but when I opened it lo and behold there's the name. In pen. It's definitely a replaceable book though so I will probably do that....

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It won't be perfect but.......

Take a piece of packing tape. Cut the tape to fit perfectly over the name. Fold one end to give you a small lip to grab. Press the tape hard over the name to allow the tape to stick. Wait a couple minutes. Grab the folded end and SLOWLY pull up. Repeat until all ink is gone.

Yes, you will have a rough patch where the ink used to be, but it will be gone. Not perfect, but it really works.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's easier to just change YOUR name...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I will try this first before I throw in the towel and replace it. Thank you!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Hahaha! This is true. I don't really want to be a male though. At least not until they get the whole bathroom thing situated

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My First Edition Night Shift has the owner's name on the front board, underneath the DJ flap. Doesn't bother me at all. It may not be worth the same amount as a Fine copy, but the book is in excellent shape and they are getting harder to come by.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a previous owner's name on a 1/1 Gunslinger, so I removed it using Tipp-Ex.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Hahaha! This is true. I don't really want to be a male though. At least not until they get the whole bathroom thing situated
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any tips to get rid of names written with a pen, like this one?

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Replace the FFE

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FFE?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

FFE?
    FFE = Front Free Endpaper

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Replace the FFE
    Is that a joke or do you mean having it done by a book re-binder or what? (Serious question)
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

Replace the FFE
    Is that a joke or do you mean having it done by a book re-binder or what? (Serious question)
    It can be done. Here is one method...

How to Replace Endleaves

I've never done anything like this so I don't know how well it would work.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow! Very interesting but there’s no way I could do that haha. I’m a little tempted to try on some old worthless book to see how difficult it really is though. Thanks for the link, Tommy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a book binder do it for you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Replace the FFE

How to Replace Endleaves

Not worth on a 30€ book then
    Thanks though cause it could interest other people for more valuable ones

My Mood
    Chatty

Have a book binder do it for you.
    Coincidentally I just learned about one that Yegor speaks very highly of. I’ve always wanted to try having a book re-bound (right word?). Seems like a lot of fun. Plus we’ve got the master of rebinds right here on TDT that I can bug for tips.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the flattery, but Dragon Rebound is pretty cool too.

My Mood
    Chatty

Haha oh yeah how could I forget about them?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Replace the FFE

How to Replace Endleaves

Not worth on a 30€ book then
    Thanks though cause it could interest other people for more valuable ones
    Not worth a 30€ book for sure. A more valuable book could be saved by having a professional replace the offending page.

When the writing isn't too bold, erasing the area could help. What you are really doing is damaging the book to an acceptable level in order to remove the writing. When the writing is too bold/deep, that isn't really an option. Even trying to erase pencil can be problematic.

Not to be a dick (while being one), but the page with writing on it doesn't appear to be the FFE. Isn't the pastedown orange? If so the FFE will be orange as well, since it's the same piece of paper.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to be a dick, but the writing appears to be on the FFE, not the pastedown.
    FFE stands for Free (as in not pasted down ) front endpaper. The term is "non-binding", as in it could be the backside of the pastedown, or the first page to follow.
    A professional could replace either or both. Of course it's aways a CBA (cost benefit analysis ).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The front and back of the book both have endpapers. Half of the endpaper is pasted down to the board and half isn't. The half pasted down is often referred to as the pastedown and the half that isn't pasted is referred to as the free endpaper. So we have a front endpaper consisting of the front pastedown and the front free endpaper and a rear endpaper consisting of the rear pastedown and rear free endpaper.

Any page that isn't a part of the endpaper is not referred to as an endpaper. It could be referred to as a flyleaf.

It appears to me that the endpaper for that book is orange. If so, the free endpapers are also orange.

Perhaps I'm seeing orange that isn't there.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast