Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, The DT is a finished work

46 50.55%
  • Yes, he will continue adding novels to the Epic

45 49.45%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the DT saga really over?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I kinda took it for granted until I saw (at .net) that for many people the "real" ka-tet is the first one.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I always considered the second "the" katet.

But really, I believe in the end, they were basically the same.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I always considered the second "the" katet.

But really, I believe in the end, they were basically the same.
    yes; it ultimately depends on whether or not someone believes in Ka, and it being a wheel. For me the two ka-tets are absolutely different, and Eddie is not Cuthbert re-incarnate or even Cuthbert's Twinner, etc.

Oops - that's for another thread. Sorry.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I think we could have an entire thread arguing whether or not that is true Jean.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea for one, that's for sure.

I create about 20 a day in the catalog so I will leave that up to someone else.

Not which one you liked but weather or not they were essentially the same.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

no way the dark tower is as good as it gets u dont want
    it to be like the matrix sequils do you
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I could go for another book. Not a continuation but a deeper look into Rolands world. Either him as a child or a closer look at one of the places he (and his Ka-Tet) passed through.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to have more about Roland's adventures after Jericho Hill and before the Mohaine Desert. I suppose that would fall into the "prequel" catagory.

I also wouldn't mind if King wrote another Dark Tower about the next cycle but it would be more interesting to me if the ka-tet changed, having Roland draw some more characters from King's other books. I always thought that Dayna Jurgens from the Stand would have made a great member of the ka-tet...definately a gunslinger if there ever was one. Maybe draw Danny Torrance from The Shining to take on the "Jake" part of the ka-tet or even Halloran...the "shine" and the "touch" being similar if not the same things.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post

well i seriously doubt it would ever happen. when stephen kings basically says this is it, don't complain to me and fuck off then i think he means it.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a climb-down for him at this point to publish The Dark Tower VIII: Roland's Revenge.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I also wouldn't mind if King wrote another Dark Tower about the next cycle but it would be more interesting to me if the ka-tet changed, having Roland draw some more characters from King's other books. I always thought that Dayna Jurgens from the Stand would have made a great member of the ka-tet...definately a gunslinger if there ever was one. Maybe draw Danny Torrance from The Shining to take on the "Jake" part of the ka-tet or even Halloran...the "shine" and the "touch" being similar if not the same things.
    This is fucking brilliant.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    there's something both appealing and repelling for me about this idea... the former, because sure it would be great to see all those people again, and you're right, they would perfectly fit into the context... but on the other hand, it would somehow subtract from the existence they already have, would somehow diminish what they already are, as if their life (and, in case of some, death) was something that needed some other, external, completion.

John F. Kennedy Kyonn is on a distinguished road

I would love that if, say, 10 or 15 years from now King told the story of Roland's last go 'round through the loop and how he finds salvation. Unfortunately I don't think Sai King will ever tell that tale

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about longer, but I'd definitely love to see some of the tangents filled out. I'd love to know a lot more about Alain, Cuthbert, and a lot of other characters.

Gunslinger Apprentice myishi is on a distinguished road myishi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I voted yes because I would eat up any further Roland stories with a spoon.
    +1.
    鏡 黒

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I want more to the story be that in story tie-ins, or be that him doing revised editions of the books. I just have too many questions left.

Traveler _Sphynx_ is on a distinguished road _Sphynx_'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eh... I'm kinda torn on this. On the one hand, I can't get enough of this series, and like someone mentioned before me, I'd love to know more about Jericho Hill and the like. But on the other hand, I've seen far to many series' just keep going and getting worse. Sometimes they have to end before you want them to, so they stay good.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very true, I guess I wouldn't mind another story but I think this Roland, this katet, should be pretty much over

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, I don't want to meet with the current ka-tet any more. I want some tie-ins and lots of back story

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesyes. Some time we must say goodbye to our loved characters. And in our minds they exist and live forever.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Yesyes. Some time we must say goodbye to our loved characters. And in our minds they exist and live forever.
    You have given words to what I feel, Thank You

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Is the DT saga really over?

Simple poll.
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 12-29-2008 at 07:23 AM.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Country
    Country Flag

I can't vote, because my answer is "both".

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Technically, this isn't an addition, it's just a reprint...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I don't know that King is "done" with DT in a permanent way. I think if he hears the song again, we may get something else like Little Sisters, that deals with Roland, or his world, or his backstory, or something.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope there are more, smaller story additions to come.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast