Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My own KA and A Man of Constant Sorrow (Spoiler)

John F. Kennedy SolomonsGal will become famous soon enough SolomonsGal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default My own KA and A Man of Constant Sorrow (Spoiler)

I had my moment of KA this evening as I anxiously began the final Dark Tower VII book.

As you know, at the end of Song of Susannah, Susannah sings "A Man of Constant Sorrow" along with the man with the guitar outside of the Dixie Pig, giving her the opportunity to soften Mia enough to take control of her body and drop the Skolpadda in the hopes that someone in her ka-tet would find it and her.

Well, as you also know, the Dark Tower begins with Jake and Callahan's entrance into the Dixie Pig, after they found the skolpadda outside knowing it would somehow help them. I was super anxious and feeling a bit emotional thinking that Jake might die as he came face to face with a hundred vampires... Jake is one of my favorite characters and I am really dreading the possibility that he may die (perhaps it's because I am a mum?)

Here is where KA steps in: Callahan had already held up the skolpadda towards the vampires faces, momentarily holding them off, and Roland's voice had spoken to Jake through Callahan telling him, "You have this one chance and must take it! Find her! As your dinh I command you!". And then....wait for it.... A Man of Constant Sorrow began playing on my husband's Pandora radio station in the other room!!!! It played until Callahan spoke back to the vampires commanding him to drop his cross, essentially gainning his redemption from Barlow.

I couldn't even believe it! Hearing the song instantly squashed my anxiety and sense of dread! I felt so happy!

I have a degree in literature, I taught high school English, reading is an essential part of my being and psyche; but I have NEVER had such a serendipitous event happen in all my years of being a book worm.

Pretty cool, huh?

Ps- I never talked to my husband about A Man of Sorrow and he hasn't read the books, so there is no way he would have put that song on. When I told him, he thought it was just as trippy as I did.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread