+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Funny Rant to Stephen King

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

yeah, still unconvincing.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Reads like great satire to me. Had "Brian" actually been a moron of this calibre, I doubt he'd be referencing C++ (or had taken a class in it).

"... I have taken alot (that’s two words, right?) of writing in college. It was mostly in Spanish and C++"

I thought that was the funniest of the many obvious jokes in the piece.

My Mood
    Brooding

i could believe "satire", but class assignment? no. as i've probably stated previously, i've indulged myself in several creative writing/composition courses, even one that taught (rather pathetically, IMHAHO) how to write a novel, and although perhaps a HS basic English teacher might have assigned such a concept, a college or postgrad professor would most assuredly not.

...not to say that the professor wouldn't assign "satire" as a homework subject; saying rather that he wouldn't assign/accept such complete mockery of the writing process, and grammar in general; viewing it as poor taste (which it really would be, in that contex).

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Reads like great satire to me. Had "Brian" actually been a moron of this calibre, I doubt he'd be referencing C++ (or had taken a class in it).

"... I have taken alot (that’s two words, right?) of writing in college. It was mostly in Spanish and C++"

I thought that was the funniest of the many obvious jokes in the piece.
    Same here. Pretty sure that was my favorite bit, though there were a few good ones to choose from...
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Brooding

you know the dumbest part of this? say the rant had been written and posted by a site member, we probably wouldn't even be talking about it all, except to be ranking him to the dogs and back.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I think it's pretty obviously a joke. If the person were serious it would be one thing or the other--they'd either want a bunch of free stuff, OR they'd want to tell him what an "awful" writer he was.

I think its entertaining.

And, I think it is quite possible it could have been a class assignment--no one's claiming the guy got an A on it!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Brooding

no way on the class assignment...NO SERIOUS PROFESSOR would assign it. AT ALL. it ain't gonna happen. not for ANY grade. satire, yes. mockery, no. a piece of shit like this would've gotten not only an F, but, by any SERIOUS PROFESSOR, quite likely a zero grade for the entire semester.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i think it's funny as hell. especially how his reason for king to listen to him is that king writes so much but brian has just read the book so it's fresh in his mind.

'fess up MOW - it was you wasn't it.

or maybe it was GWB.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

BRIAN.....BRAIN.......HMMMMMM....PSUEDONYM?

I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY, AND OBVIOUSLY A JOKE.

BECAUSE PIRATES AND NINJAS AND COWBOYS ARE COOL. HAHAHAHAHAH

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    no way on the class assignment...NO SERIOUS PROFESSOR would assign it. AT ALL. it ain't gonna happen. not for ANY grade. satire, yes. mockery, no. a piece of shit like this would've gotten not only an F, but, by any SERIOUS PROFESSOR, quite likely a zero grade for the entire semester.
    If it's mockery, I don't think it's of King, but people who think to criticize his work.

He says he want more pirates, cowboys and ninjas. Obviously it's very much toungue in cheek.

I wonder if he's read the Dark Tower books? We've got cowboys here and my mental image of Gasher was a pirate. We don't have any ninjas as such, but light-saber wielding entities... Hee, hee.

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

After reading the posts here, I was expecting an uproar of laughter coming from me.

I give it a C- and that's for the effort and time it took to write this.

Traveler Elfwitch is on a distinguished road

Default funny rant response

I had to wait several minutes to begin typing this reaction as I was laughing so hard I was crying. Ooooh, that was refreshing. I thought youtube had all the funny stuff. Either this was from a 7 year old sneaking on his parents' computer or we really need to kick up education a few notches in this hemisphere. What college could produce such a moron? I have not laughed so hard in a while, so I am grateful for such people once in a while. Hopefully he isn't going into politics or wait, of course he will! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAACK! (extremely loud and obnoxious laughing while wiping tears.)

Even if this was a fake rant, as my teenagers assures me, it was hilarious and worth reading for the sheer humour in it.

Stephen King must already know that you can never have enough ninjas in a sci fi story about aliens! For shame, Mr. King! LOL

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

from reading the link it was for a seminar of some kind. read some the comments and a lot of the posts were for some MMO but not sure which one. it was from October 28, 2005 Austin,Texas. Austin Game Conference

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Along the Path of the Beam rico567 is on a distinguished road

I agree with "Randall Flagg." I think this letter is a parody, folks.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely brilliant... I laughed out loud, and think I may have gone pee pee a little bit.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BillyxRansom View Post
    I give it a C- and that's for the effort and time it took to write this.

I gave it a C++ for the same reasons.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2