Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shining Folio Society

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Tomas.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^ Ditto as I was wondering the same thing. This is my first Folio purchase and will be my Shining reading copy Looks like a nice edition overall.

Just an update, I'm going to cut and paste my latest email thread with them as the info isn't quite as clear as I usually get so I don't want to misinterpret anything.

=============================================
    Tomas Krynsky replied May 11, 16:35

Thank you for the reply Edward. I'll let my readers know.

On various online forums there has been some additional information posted that I wanted to make sure was accurate:

- There are 10 signed copies for non-customers that can be won by entering the drawing (no purchase necessary)
    - There are 100 signed copies that can be won for customers of the Folio Society / or those first time customers that buy a book between now and June 26th
    - The total number of signed copies available to be won is 110
    - The contest is open to anyone worldwide not just those with addresses in the UK

Does that sound accurate? If so, could you clarify

- If a person signed up for the non-customer drawing and then later purchased a copy of the book is he entered into both drawings? Or does his purchase move his single entry from the 10 non-customer section to the 100 customer section?
    - Does everyone who buys a book (regardless of title) get entered into the 100 signed copy drawing automatically, or is it for customers that purchase a copy of The Shining specifically?
    - Are these 110 copies in addition to the 2,300? Meaning is the actual print run 2,410 copies?
    - Is there a slipcase that comes with the book?

Thank you again for your time,

Edward replied May 12, 10:03
    Dear Mr Krynsky

I would be happy to clarify. The first four statements of your email are indeed correct. As to the fifth, one can only enter the draw once, even if you enter and then later purchase a book. I can also confirm that the draw can be entered on the purchase of any book, not solely 'The Shining'. With regards to the print run for the book, please be aware that this is not an exact science, as it were. There were roughly 2,500 copies printed in all. I can also confirm that the book does indeed have a slipcase. This is true for all of our book unless otherwise stated.

I do hope that this clarifies matters.

Kind regards

Edward Cornthwaite
    Membership Secretary
    The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    ==========================================
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, well that kinda sucks. I entered the contest for the 10 copies first, then bought a book, so my chances of winning are much smaller than if I had just bought the book
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tomas for the additional update.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Shining Folio Society

I think this contest is a mess. I don't know why they had to complicate things with this 10/100 thing. It should have been you buy a book you are entered to win 1 of 100. I agree with Becca. If you entered first as a non-customer before buying, your chances are much less. Doesn't seem fair.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hmmm, well that kinda sucks. I entered the contest for the 10 copies first, then bought a book, so my chances of winning are much smaller than if I had just bought the book
    Yeah I was trying to decide if I was reading that correctly. I would like to think if you entered the front form and then bought one it would move you to the 1/100 rather than the 1/10. Also the front form allowed entry of previous customers if you were not logged in. I signed up for the front one with my normal information that is tied to my account and it let me through.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The art doesn't do much for me at all, it's not a very attractive book in my opinion.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I think this contest is a mess. I don't know why they had to complicate things with this 10/100 thing. It should have been you buy a book you are entered to win 1 of 100. I agree with Becca. If you entered first as a non-customer before buying, your chances are much less. Doesn't seem fair.
    It is a mess.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It is a mess.
    100 %
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Reminds me a bit of the 11/22/63 S/L fiasco. At least S&S could chalk theirs up to tech/website problems...Folio's situation just comes off as poor, confused planning.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gift horse...yadda yadda...It's a mess but they're giving away 110 signed books of a special edition of The Shining. For 10 of those all is required is roughly 27 seconds to enter.

I'm not sure which contest has better odds: non-book-buying cheapskates vs. paying customers.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I ordered one. But before I did that I put in for the 1 out of 10 deal. So I guess I am out of luck for the 1 out of 100? Oh well. I like the look of it and it will find a nice home on my shelf .

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't order one but entered the contest. I am happy just for a chance.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually debating buying a different book since you get entered just with a book purchase, not just The Shining.

If I use a different email address when ordering that book I should, in theory, be entered into the 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 right?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I'm actually debating buying a different book since you get entered just with a book purchase, not just The Shining.

If I use a different email address when ordering that book I should, in theory, be entered into the 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 right?
    You would think that but I bet they have that covered House holds, IP's whatever.... they would have too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

10% coupon that I just used is PT10. It takes $8 off, which almost cancels out the $10 shipping.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Didn't order one but entered the contest. I am happy just for a chance.
    Same. Downsizing so don't need anymore outside my 1st, Remarqued, and CDs later this year. If I win a copy, you guys can fight over it at HF '17 .

Edit: Oh and if PS puts one out. I'll have to have it as well. Can't break up the band .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Reminds me a bit of the 11/22/63 S/L fiasco. At least S&S could chalk theirs up to tech/website problems...Folio's situation just comes off as poor, confused planning.
    Ron, did I see that you won a copy of The Fireman from Lilja? If so, nice!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Gift horse...yadda yadda...It's a mess but they're giving away 110 signed books of a special edition of The Shining. For 10 of those all is required is roughly 27 seconds to enter.

I'm not sure which contest has better odds: non-book-buying cheapskates vs. paying customers.
    Non-buying cheapskates?
    They set up the convoluted "free" contest and sale.
    Why don't you pony up, buy every copy, then have your own lottery.
    Hopefully your rules will be coherent at the onset.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fwiw, I entered the initial free contest, then later bought a book, so I'm certain I won't win anything.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So if I read that right you have to be a member which means you had to have purchased four books to become an official member. Wtf.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Fwiw, I entered the initial free contest, then later bought a book, so I'm certain I won't win anything.
    So I will be in good company since I did the same thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Non-buying cheapskates?
    They set up the convoluted "free" contest and sale.
    Why don't you pony up, buy every copy, then have your own lottery.
    Hopefully your rules will be coherent at the onset.
    Great project for Matt since they'd all be signed .

That probably pretty must guarantees it.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    So if I read that right you have to be a member which means you had to have purchased four books to become an official member. Wtf.
    or those first time customers that buy a book between now and June 26th

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast