Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 388 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have a matching Talisman and Black House...anyone looking to buy one?
    Hmmm... what # and what's your price?
    #1051.

I would go $925 plus shipping for the two.

Both are unread and in fine condition.

I would assume that when the S/L of the third installment in the series comes out (and King has said that there will be a third installment), you would be able to buy it direct from Grant Books and match up your number.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I bought my DT III a couple years ago for a little over $600. I think, given the way the market is today, about $800 would be good.
    I got mine recently for $380 - so I must have done very well.
    Yes, you did well. I assume this is the one you bought?

Stephen King Dark Tower 3 The Wastelands

I considered bidding on this one, but that was too much to risk on a seller with zero feedback history.

I have no doubt it would have sold for 25%-40% more if the seller had a more desireable reputation.
    Yah, I have no doubt about that. I felt that I bid about half of what I'd normally be willing to pay (so I guess my estimate of $800 wasn't too far off), and figured worst case scenario, I have to file with PayPal and wait a month to get my money back. In the end though, the seller ended up being great -- he called me at home to let me know when it had been shipped, and packed the book very well.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a matching Talisman and Black House...anyone looking to buy one?
    Hmmm... what # and what's your price?
    #1051.

I would go $925 plus shipping for the two.

Both are unread and in fine condition.

I would assume that when the S/L of the third installment in the series comes out (and King has said that there will be a third installment), you would be able to buy it direct from Grant Books and match up your number.
    Based on other sets available, I like your price - but not the #... thanks anyways!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought my DT III a couple years ago for a little over $600. I think, given the way the market is today, about $800 would be good.
    I got mine recently for $380 - so I must have done very well.
    Yes, you did well. I assume this is the one you bought?

Stephen King Dark Tower 3 The Wastelands

I considered bidding on this one, but that was too much to risk on a seller with zero feedback history.

I have no doubt it would have sold for 25%-40% more if the seller had a more desireable reputation.
    Yah, I have no doubt about that. I felt that I bid about half of what I'd normally be willing to pay (so I guess my estimate of $800 wasn't too far off), and figured worst case scenario, I have to file with PayPal and wait a month to get my money back. In the end though, the seller ended up being great -- he called me at home to let me know when it had been shipped, and packed the book very well.
    It is a good thing that the seller came through...because had he ripped you off, I doubt Paypal would have done anything because the seller's eBay feedback rating was less than 50.

Disputes between Buyers and Sellers - Buyer Protection Programs

Scroll down to section 13.9 eBay Items Eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know this, tippy! I've never really paid THAT much attention to the seller's number of feedbacks. I sure will now. Of course, you can always challenge it through your credit card. That just makes more hassle, but it can be worth it!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know this, tippy! I've never really paid THAT much attention to the seller's number of feedbacks. I sure will now. Of course, you can always challenge it through your credit card. That just makes more hassle, but it can be worth it!

John
    I've actually found that disputing through my credit card is less hassle than going through eBay/PayPal. One phone call to my credit card and I get immediate credit for the charge and they handle the disputed charge. I've never had a dispute denied.

Long ago when I tried a couple of times to dispute through eBay I was hit with a $25 deductible, had to submit several online forms, supply additional info, etc. And didn't get a refund for about 60 days. And still I lost money with the $25 deductible.

I've currently got a complaint (about $23 total) pending with PayPal so I'm waiting to see how that goes. The seller has until 5/18 to reply and I don't think he will so I should get a refund. This is my first time going through PayPal.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never had any luck with a paypal refund, I have always managed to let the seller string me along (believing they will follow thru with their promises) and then before I know it 45 days have passed and paypal informs me sorry but I have taken to long to file a complaint.

So from now on I have no sympathy for a sellers excuses.

I did just help my Mom file a complaint and she did get a refund.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The bottom line-as Bob said is; It's best to charge it via Paypal and one call to your Credit Card company essentially ends the dispute.
    I have received a Paypal "refund" before, but it was a terrible hassle and as I recall per their "small print" there was either a dedicible, or cap and I didn't receive a 100% refund.
    I have disputed 3 or 4 via my credit card comapny and ALWAYS prevailed with a 100% refund and little hassle.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How much would a fine/fine 1st edition of The Shining be worth? I'm looking into buying a reasonably priced copy but I'm not going throw away $400 if it's not worth what I'm paying for?

Thoughts?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say if it's fine/fine, with all the proper first edition points (gutter code, etc.), $400 is not out of range.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alright, that's good. So paying $400 wouldn't be too out there? I found some SK S/L's out there for the same price of the 1st Shining and didn't know if it would be best to just go for a signed item.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's up to you.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You would be doing well to get a fine/fine copy for $400.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    You would be doing well to get a fine/fine copy for $400.
    I agree. Truly fine copies are difficult to find. There is usually some degree of spine fade to the dust jacket. The colors on the spine should perfectly match the colors on the front cover. The dust jacket is also prone to some creasing at the spine ends.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a signed copy of Moth I bought from a very reputable SK collector years ago. There's a light stain (wiped off coffee?) on the cover, but otherwise it's in great shape. Any thoughts on what it might be worth today? Here's a scan of the sig page:

And one of the cover showing the stain:

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I have a signed copy of Moth I bought from a very reputable SK collector years ago. There's a light stain (wiped off coffee?) on the cover, but otherwise it's in great shape. Any thoughts on what it might be worth today?
    i thinking that if the book did not have the stain - with the signature it probably sell fast at 500.00
    there are several unsigned listed on ABE in near fine condition between 400.00 and 750.00+ - but none of them are selling at those prices.

the stain, drops the condition and the value of course. i would think, listed properly (condition = good) on ebay and given the right moment/ set of bidders - you might get 350.00 to 375.00- maybe more if someone really was panting to get early king with signature.
    of course if the sig. was also dated early (ie.near publication date), that would probably have boosted the value also.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

oooops,double post

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That coffee stain really devalues that magazine big time!

It's probably not worth much more than $25, but being as I am such a kind hearted soul, I'd give you $50 to take it off your hands!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

I'll give you $51.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OOOO - a bidding war!

I'm not actually looking to sell it - just curious what it might be worth since I've never come accross one signed. Sorry, guys!

Country
    Country Flag

What's the ballpark value of a UK S/L DTIV these days? Near fine due to a small bump on the upper right corner of the slipcase opening. #295/500 signed on that irritating bookplate. Thanks in advance!!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    What's the ballpark value of a UK S/L DTIV these days? Near fine due to a small bump on the upper right corner of the slipcase opening. #295/500 signed on that irritating bookplate. Thanks in advance!!
    The collector has it listed as $375 - $475 which I think is quite fair, IMO.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid $306 (including shipping) for mine a few years ago, so I think a $375-$475 price range okay too.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What does anyone think would be a fair asking price for the following as a "package deal":

DT IV Grant Proof (perfect in shrinkwrap; no art or letter just the book)
    DT V Grant Proof - Fine
    DT VI Grant Proof - Fine
    DT VII Grant Proof - NF+ slight soiling on page edges

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice package!!

<waggle>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 388 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast