Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 387 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The 1/100 sells for quite a bit more than a flatsigned trade. Usually almost double.
    Where and when was the 1/100 sold? I don’t recall seeing that one.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    The 1/100 sells for quite a bit more than a flatsigned trade. Usually almost double.
    Where and when was the 1/100 sold? I don’t recall seeing that one.
    Ebay.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Kris, do you remember the price it sold for?
    P.S Is that the $1,900 one you mentioned above?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Yep. I’ve seen them $1500-1900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Yep. I’ve seen them $1500-1900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I missed out on the one David sold from Johns collection, that went for only 750.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Current value of a flatsigned 1st/1st of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon?
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$250-$300

Rare case where a properly signed 2nd edition commands more.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$250-$300

Jerome...Can you expand on this?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    $250-$300

Jerome...Can you expand on this?
    From the 1999 Carrie Anniversary Party.....in which signed 2nd edition TGWLTGs were distributed to guests....with NLRs, Peace Symbol Necklaces, and Trivia Contests.

STORY
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Remiss of me, however I had missed this information in the ‘Catalogue’. I was unaware that we were now accepting of the fact that the editions of
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, given away at the event, were indeed a blend of 1st and 2nd editions.
    Quite a few years ago I posted that this was the case, but it appeared from some members response that I was incorrect.
    My information originated from a collector who had been invited and attended the party, as a partner of one of Stephen Kings friends. This gentleman obviously realised as a collector that the ‘sets’ held quite a value. He managed to leave the event with five sets intact. Even to the fact that the quiz pages on four of the sets had not been touched. He did advertise one of these sets on eBay, which I ended up purchasing, quiz cards completely clear and the book a signed second edition. I questioned the designation of the book at the time I received it and he willingly showed me the other four copies, all second editions.
    It does seem that it would be easier to find signed first editions than second, which helps the facts of the story. I doubt he could have found on the open market five signed second editions.
    It may seem a little odd to walk out with five sets, however far better than them being consigned to the rubbish bin!
    Some members here may recall the eBay listing as all five sets were pictured in the sellers opening image!!
    Thank you to all concerned for the Catalogue information.

Country
    Country Flag

$250-$300

agreed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Stanley Wiater's wife's copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and it is a 1st/1st. I also have her complete set of The New Lieutenant's Rap. There were both 1st and 2nd printings at that party in NYC. But I doubt that any 2nd printing on its own would be worth more than a 1st. Think about it. If someone attempted to sell a 2nd printing on it's own, what would you pay for it? By itself, it is nothing more than a signed 2nd printing. If you try to say it was part of the NYC party in 1999, good luck trying to get a premium. My first question to the seller would be "What did you do to the rest of the New Lieutenant's Rap package?" There are 1sts and 2nds from the NYC event. But apart from being part of The New Lieutenant's Rap package, these are still just 1st and 2nd printings, IMO.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I have Stanley Wiater's wife's copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and it is a 1st/1st. I also have her complete set of The New Lieutenant's Rap. There were both 1st and 2nd printings at that party in NYC. But I doubt that any 2nd printing on its own would be worth more than a 1st. Think about it. If someone attempted to sell a 2nd printing on it's own, what would you pay for it? By itself, it is nothing more than a signed 2nd printing. If you try to say it was part of the NYC party in 1999, good luck trying to get a premium. My first question to the seller would be "What did you do to the rest of the New Lieutenant's Rap package?" There are 1sts and 2nds from the NYC event. But apart from being part of The New Lieutenant's Rap package, these are still just 1st and 2nd printings, IMO.

John

John
    The debate rages on... I talked to a few people that got 2nd's there. I have not talked to any attendee that got a 1st (personally). Playing devils advocate here... some might have grabbed the book and not the chapbook. A book looked more substantial over a flimsy chapbook so I can totally see that taking place. My copy (I have a full set) is a 2nd. I have only every heard Gerald Winters state there was 1st's there come to think of it and now what you wrote above. I have no idea if both were there or not BUT for my set? I would want the consensus and that seems to be.. a 2nd.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Since this topic is up for discussion....
    I'm still looking for a signed 2nd printing.
    Who has one to sell?

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

John

John
    The debate rages on... I talked to a few people that got 2nd's there. I have not talked to any attendee that got a 1st (personally). Playing devils advocate here... some might have grabbed the book and not the chapbook. A book looked more substantial over a flimsy chapbook so I can totally see that taking place. My copy (I have a full set) is a 2nd. I have only every heard Gerald Winters state there was 1st's there come to think of it and now what you wrote above. I have no idea if both were there or not BUT for my set? I would want the consensus and that seems to be.. a 2nd.
    Please review your comments on the discussion page of The New Lieutenant's Rap in the Collectible King Items at the top of Calvin's Corner.

David Williamson has a 1st printing TGWLTG. It was Stanley Wiater's set. A very reputable bookseller, Ken Lopez, sold Stanley's set and confirmed that TGWLTG was a first. I have his wife's set. Gerald has supposedly stated that his and his friend's copies were 1sts. The catalog states that both 1sts and 2nds were handed out at the party. Let's just leave it at that. I don't think there is any degree of certainty that the answer is just one or the other. And a consensus from TDT.org would not prove anything other than some people believe X and some people believe Y.

John

Country
    Country Flag

John

John
    Please review your comments on the discussion page of The New Lieutenant's Rap in the Collectible King Items at the top of Calvin's Corner.

David Williamson has a 1st printing TGWLTG. It was Stanley Wiater's set. A very reputable bookseller, Ken Lopez, sold Stanley's set and confirmed that TGWLTG was a first. I have his wife's set. Gerald has supposedly stated that his and his friend's copies were 1sts. The catalog states that both 1sts and 2nds were handed out at the party. Let's just leave it at that. I don't think there is any degree of certainty that the answer is just one or the other. And a consensus from TDT.org would not prove anything other than some people believe X and some people believe Y.

John
    like I said... who really knows? My comments there were 4 years ago John.... Im not trying to be argumentative with you here as I do not know for sure either. The 'information' out there seems to not be definitive either way but since the FB groups got going there seem to be more coming forward and they are 2nd's. I just enjoy this discussion and sorry if you took it any other way.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Does this match the signature for a 1st? It's on the first blank page.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Close enough?
    Thanks! I fixed my post based on the way you had your text in your post.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Good enough, I deleted mine to avoid confusion.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

John

John

John
    like I said... who really knows? My comments there were 4 years ago John.... Im not trying to be argumentative with you here as I do not know for sure either. The 'information' out there seems to not be definitive either way but since the FB groups got going there seem to be more coming forward and they are 2nd's. I just enjoy this discussion and sorry if you took it any other way.
    It's pretty definitive to me, a skeptic, that both 1st and 2nd editions were on offer that night.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Good enough, I deleted mine to avoid confusion.
    I'm confused.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Remiss of me, however I had missed this information in the ‘Catalogue’. I was unaware that we were now accepting of the fact that the editions of
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, given away at the event, were indeed a blend of 1st and 2nd editions.
    Quite a few years ago I posted that this was the case, but it appeared from some members response that I was incorrect.
    My information originated from a collector who had been invited and attended the party, as a partner of one of Stephen Kings friends. This gentleman obviously realised as a collector that the ‘sets’ held quite a value. He managed to leave the event with five sets intact. Even to the fact that the quiz pages on four of the sets had not been touched. He did advertise one of these sets on eBay, which I ended up purchasing, quiz cards completely clear and the book a signed second edition. I questioned the designation of the book at the time I received it and he willingly showed me the other four copies, all second editions.
    It does seem that it would be easier to find signed first editions than second, which helps the facts of the story. I doubt he could have found on the open market five signed second editions.
    It may seem a little odd to walk out with five sets, however far better than them being consigned to the rubbish bin!
    Some members here may recall the eBay listing as all five sets were pictured in the sellers opening image!!

If I could go back in time, I am so crashing that party! I would also ask out Buffy the vampire slayer before she was famous and buy a copy of Harry Potter’s first book. If I could go back further I would get you an inscribed book from Tolkien. That is pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post

If I could go back in time, I am so crashing that party! I would also ask out Buffy the vampire slayer before she was famous and buy a copy of Harry Potter’s first book. If I could go back further I would get you an inscribed book from Tolkien. That is pretty much it.
    I'd snatch a complete Gutenberg Bible. Experts value one at nearly $35 Million now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Back in time... I would have a few questions to Jesus.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Back in time... I would have a few questions to Jesus.
    Well... if there ever was a Jesus
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 387 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 ... LastLast