Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 387 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The one I have isn't numbered. I didn't know there even WERE numbered ones. I've seen a number of them on eBay, mostly going in the range I mentioned.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The one I have isn't numbered. I didn't know there even WERE numbered ones. I've seen a number of them on eBay, mostly going in the range I mentioned.

John
    yeah john.... the ones i've seen are like mine below... numbered on the edge with black marker. i'm not sure how many there were though.

though there appear to be ones that don't have the proof banner across the top like the one in this auction: SOC auction

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

John
    yeah john.... the ones i've seen are like mine below... numbered on the edge with black marker. i'm not sure how many there were though.

though there appear to be ones that don't have the proof banner across the top like the one in this auction: SOC auction
    Mine has no writing on it at all. And I wonder if the image on the auction you have linked to has had the top cropped off to fit the scanner?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

John

Mine has no writing on it at all. And I wonder if the image on the auction you have linked to has had the top cropped off to fit the scanner?
    I'm thinking cropped as well. If you look at the curl of the TH it's cut off.

The banner's probably there.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've emailed the seller a question about this.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is #32.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

it's probably is cropped... which is kinda bad since that is the main selling point (that it's a proof) you'd think the seller would want to highlight that point in the picture.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what the seller emailed me:

Dear jhanic,

It does, sorry I could not fit whole image on my scanner- States

'Advanced Uncorrected Proof- Not for sale' and does have the
    orange
    background-Thanks

-purplegrottobooks
    John

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

thanks Matt, i liked yours better, but I had already read Patrick's

thanks Patrick.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

what do you all say a S/L #737 From a Buick 8 is worth right now?
    Its in excellent shape, both book and case are fine.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ABE has one for $650

Ebay had a BIN of $595 that did not sell.

I would use those numbers as the high market value.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    what do you all say a S/L #737 From a Buick 8 is worth right now?
    Its in excellent shape, both book and case are fine.
    Wholesale: $375-$400
    Retail $425-$475

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a copy a month or so ago for 300.00 from a guy on shocklines

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I got a copy a month or so ago for 300.00 from a guy on shocklines
    I got one on ebay 3 weeks ago for $310.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Based upon those two purchases, my estimate is high.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

well not the news / prices i was looking for !! LOL but i had a feeling it wold be lower than i expected, so i am not to surprised. Everythng seems to be a bit on the low side right now. No big deal really, i will just hold on to it and if anyone comes up with a Gunslinger first they think is comparable price wise i will gladly trade it. I'll even take a gunslinger without a Dust jacket, i happen to have a somewhat decent extra jacket !!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering what the real value of Legends 1 is - the signed/limited to 200 copies released by Tor...? I see one on ebay for $2,200 and one on ABE for $1,200 but I have a feeling those are both overpriced....

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Just wondering what the real value of Legends 1 is - the signed/limited to 200 copies released by Tor...? I see one on ebay for $2,200 and one on ABE for $1,200 but I have a feeling those are both overpriced....
    The lowest I have seen it going for on ebay is $800. The real value, is what someone is willing to pay.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    The lowest I have seen it going for on ebay is $800. The real value, is what someone is willing to pay.
    Betts has one of the 50 lettered copies for sale for $1500. I haven't seen more than a handful of those for sale since the book was published. I think they were used as contributor copies and not many seem to have been willing to sell them.

Country
    Country Flag

Betts has one of the 50 lettered copies for sale for $1500. I haven't seen more than a handful of those for sale since the book was published. I think they were used as contributor copies and not many seem to have been willing to sell them.
    I saw that last week and almost bought it. Stu has been reducing his prices a little for short periods, so I was waiting to see if I could get it cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I saw that last week and almost bought it. Stu has been reducing his prices a little for short periods, so I was waiting to see if I could get it cheaper.
    The similar book TRANSGRESSIONS had 26 lettered copies done. I don't recall ever seeing one of those for sale. Has anyone else?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering what you guys would consider the value on a DTVII Artists Edition with artists sig.

It is not in the shirk wrap but has only been opened once.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm wondering what you guys would consider the value on a DTVII Artists Edition with artists sig.

I'm guessing about $60-$75

Country
    Country Flag

The similar book TRANSGRESSIONS had 26 lettered copies done. I don't recall ever seeing one of those for sale. Has anyone else?
    I've never seen the lettered version for sale. It wasn't even in Chris's collection at Betts.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I'm guessing about $60-$75
    Thanks so much--that's pretty much exactly what I figured.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 387 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast