Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 388 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whats the value of a 1/1 UK roadwork?
    Also what would be the value of one with printing errors. I just bought one and it has printing errors that put extra ink across a few pages but curious what the cost of one of these usually is.
    Thanks
    Josh

EDIT for reference. This exact same marking is on a few pages. Made by the printer.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Just personally I don't think I would worry too much about the extra ink (printing error) if it is not visible when the book is closed. You will likely put it in a poly bag and never take it back out again. To me it isn't like a previous owner name or a bookstore stamp which would definitely lower the value. If the book is otherwise in good shape and you are happy with the price you paid I think I would probably just keep it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The printer individually marked numerous books?

How many copies did the printer mark?

<-------Confused. Wouldn't the printer pull the few (or is it all) that were a problem?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bob! That's kinda the response I was hoping for I just wanted to make sure it didn't kill the value.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The printer individually marked numerous books?

How many copies did the printer mark?

<-------Confused. Wouldn't the printer pull the few (or is it all) that were a problem?
    Somehow I think we have moved past this process....
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are everyone's thoughts on the early Doubleday dust jackets that were affixed with the price sticker? Worth the same as a dust jacket with the same price printed on the dj itself?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on the early Doubleday dust jackets that were affixed with the price sticker? Worth the same as a dust jacket with the same price printed on the dj itself?
    I don't think so. My first thought is Night Shift where they started selling book club editions at retail price. They clipped the "book club edition" notation from the inner flap of the dust jacket and affixed a price sticker on the inner flap. Is this the book you are referring to? These are worth much less than a real first edition. Or is it another Doubleday title? Got any pictures or other details?

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't think so. My first thought is Night Shift where they started selling book club editions at retail price. They clipped the "book club edition" notation from the inner flap of the dust jacket and affixed a price sticker on the inner flap. Is this the book you are referring to? These are worth much less than a real first edition. Or is it another Doubleday title? Got any pictures or other details?
    Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated!

I'm familiar with those Night Shift copies, but I've come across a 'Salem's Lot dust jacket with a price sticker of $7.95. I'm trying to get pictures of it, but I imagine it's probably a BCE. If/when I do obtain photos, I'll update. Thanks again for the insight, carlosdetweiller.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated!

I'm familiar with those Night Shift copies, but I've come across a 'Salem's Lot dust jacket with a price sticker of $7.95. I'm trying to get pictures of it, but I imagine it's probably a BCE. If/when I do obtain photos, I'll update. Thanks again for the insight, carlosdetweiller.
    Update: Yep, book club edition. [IMG][/IMG]

Yes. I think you are right. I don't think I have ever seen such a 'Salem's Lot dj. But it definitely looks like an altered book club dust jacket.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Value on a flat signed 1st/1st Under The Dome?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team. I have what I assume is a rebound, ex library edition of The Long Walk. Is there any value here? Or is it too far gone to be worth anything?

Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Value on a flat signed 1st/1st Under The Dome?
    Here you go! - - - > LINK

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team. I have what I assume is a rebound, ex library edition of The Long Walk. Is there any value here? Or is it too far gone to be worth anything?

Thanks
    The Long Walk is a valuable book. Even the page block if in nice condition has value. Not sure what you paid, but I can think of a project or two that would be neat.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I only paid $10 for it. The page block seems in nice condition actually.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I only paid $10 for it. The page block seems in nice condition actually.
    You did well. I'd have paid up to $40 for it and had something cool done for our fundraiser.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the idea RF. Could be a fun project one day.

Another value query please: the Black House partial proof with the bird cut out on the cover?

Thank you

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Another value query please: the Black House partial proof with the bird cut out on the cover?

Thank you
    $125

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably a dumb question, but : how would compare a 1st print of a US CARRIE for instance, compared to an early BCE?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but : how would compare a 1st print of a US CARRIE for instance, compared to an early BCE?
    If you are talking price there really is no comparison. 1st print US Carrie could be any where from $650 to $900 depending on condition of the book and jacket. A BCE you can get for $5. To me BCEs do not have any real collectability unless it is the first true printing of the book such as On Writing I think it was.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If you are talking price there really is no comparison. 1st print US Carrie could be any where from $650 to $900 depending on condition of the book and jacket. A BCE you can get for $5. To me BCEs do not have any real collectability unless it is the first true printing of the book such as On Writing I think it was.
    Or the world first UK DC
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

NOW if the Book Club had only printed the only hardcover edition of RAGE....Then you would have a TRUE VALUBLE BOOK CLUB EDITION.
    EXAMPLE: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK the only hardcover is the BOOK CLUB EDITION.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Thank you
    $125
    Thanks RT. Didn't realize they were worth up to this much. Might pop mine on the market...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have two Gunslinger's and can't decide which is more valuable from a collector's point of view. Basically, it's a trade off in the faults:
    - The DJ on the left is a slightly better looking DJ overall but has a 2cm tear on the rear cover (at the top).
    - The DJ on the right has more spine fade and a touch more edge wear;

I understand that this may be a matter of personal preference (I've always preferred the one with the better spine because that's what I mainly see), but would be interested to hear some other collector's points of view, regarding value. (Both have equivalent fine, beautiful covers).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right is my least fav with the fading..... stay with left.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 388 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast