Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 388 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say it seriously affects the price of the book. I'd guess in the range of 30-40% loss in value.

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the current value of the EOTD S/L (black ink signature 1/1000)?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Collector has it $700-900.

http://skcollector.com/limited/eotd.html

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Collector has it $700-900.

http://skcollector.com/limited/eotd.html

John
    Thanks. I saw that, but his values don't always seem to be current.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I would say it seriously affects the price of the book. I'd guess in the range of 30-40% loss in value.

John
    Agreed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I bought a s/l of IT off of Ebay recently for BIN of $1000, which seems to be the going rate these days, I believe the last couple I have seen went for 1k-1.1k. Within an hour after purchasing the seller emailed me to tell me he intended to point out in his description a large dent/crease in the traycase but realized he had neglected to and offered to refund my money if I no longer wanted the book. He reiterated that the book itself was in unread condition. The dent/crease is shown in one of the pictures on the auction, but I guess I was excited and felt like someone else was going to snag it before I did and I didn't look closely enough and missed it. The black cover hid it fairly well too, though once you know it is there it is pretty apparent in the picture.

I asked for 24 hours to touch base with CD and see if they had a spare traycase and he agreed, so I shot an email off to try my luck with CD and planned to cancel my order if a new traycase could not be found.

When I checked my email the next morning, I had a PM from Dan confirming they did have one they could sell me along with a message from the seller offering to give me a partial refund of $150 if I didn't cancel. This worked out great for me, I was now paying $850 + the price of the new traycase for it which I felt was a good deal. I hadn't officially ordered the traycase yet (the CD office is infected, so no reply yet from Mindy), but felt confident it would work out.

I received the book yesterday and he failed to mention that someone had written in black marker on the first page (opposite the front cover). It appears to be a price, but I am not certain. It is about 3/4" tall in thick black marker.

So, assuming a good traycase and fine book other than the marking on the first page, how much would that decrease the value? Would you return it, try to get a further discount, or feel like even with the marking it is still a decent copy?
    I would say return it because one will come along in your price point that is free of any blemishes.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Send it back. You will never be completely happy with it. You will always know the defects are there and they will bug you more and more as time goes by.

Also, when you find a better one to replace it you will have a very hard time trying to sell this one.

Get rid of it now.
    Perfect advice. Don't hesitate. Return it for a full refund. Make sure you have a tracking # to confirm it was delivered to the seller so that you are protected via ebay/PP return policies.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Values for the following? Thanks!

On Writing Red Library
    From a Buick 8 Red Library

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

On Writing Red Library
    $9

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

On Writing Red Library
    $9
    Thanks. Can't seem to find these last two copies that I need to complete the set. Emmanuel over at Very Fine Books emailed me and said he had few coming in next week. Something tells me he's going to want more than. Good info to have when the time comes.

Country
    Country Flag

He just emailed me with a quote. You guys aren't going to believe this! Copied from his email:

On Writing $125
    From A Buick 8 $55

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He just emailed me with a quote. You guys aren't going to believe this! Copied from his email:

On Writing $125
    From A Buick 8 $55
    Very simple answer.
    No.
    If you told him those were the two you needed, you tipped your hand.
    Be diligent and patient. You'll find them for a few bucks each.
    If you are in a rush, then you'll spend $180 (plus shipping) instead of $20 with free shipping.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Is $350 a fair price for a new/shrinkwraped Dark Tower Gift Set from a reputable dealer? (meaning i believe that it is not a case of re-wrapping and calling new)

Thanks
    $175-225. The shrinkwrap shouldn't add $150 to the price. You will remove it anyway (or should).

JMO

Mulleins
    Spot on! I wouldn't go past $200
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

On Writing $125
    From A Buick 8 $55
    Very simple answer.
    No.
    If you told him those were the two you needed, you tipped your hand.
    Be diligent and patient. You'll find them for a few bucks each.
    If you are in a rush, then you'll spend $180 (plus shipping) instead of $20 with free shipping.
    Well, he offered free shipping No rush whatsoever. I think I only paid $250 for the set minus those two. I probably need to replace a few for better copies but in no shape or form a priority.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

On Writing Red Library
    $9
    Thanks. Can't seem to find these last two copies that I need to complete the set. Emmanuel over at Very Fine Books emailed me and said he had few coming in next week. Something tells me he's going to want more than. Good info to have when the time comes.
    Took me FOREVER to find ON WRITING. i dont think people bought that one!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Took me FOREVER to find ON WRITING. i dont think people bought that one!
    I'll admit I haven't been looking for either very hard of late. Emmanuel sent me that email today as I requested him to if he found a copy of each. Wishful thinking on my part that I'd get a reasonable price. That $180 will be headed towards the HF via auction.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I bought a s/l of IT off of Ebay recently for BIN of $1000, which seems to be the going rate these days, I believe the last couple I have seen went for 1k-1.1k. Within an hour after purchasing the seller emailed me to tell me he intended to point out in his description a large dent/crease in the traycase but realized he had neglected to and offered to refund my money if I no longer wanted the book. He reiterated that the book itself was in unread condition. The dent/crease is shown in one of the pictures on the auction, but I guess I was excited and felt like someone else was going to snag it before I did and I didn't look closely enough and missed it. The black cover hid it fairly well too, though once you know it is there it is pretty apparent in the picture.

I asked for 24 hours to touch base with CD and see if they had a spare traycase and he agreed, so I shot an email off to try my luck with CD and planned to cancel my order if a new traycase could not be found.

When I checked my email the next morning, I had a PM from Dan confirming they did have one they could sell me along with a message from the seller offering to give me a partial refund of $150 if I didn't cancel. This worked out great for me, I was now paying $850 + the price of the new traycase for it which I felt was a good deal. I hadn't officially ordered the traycase yet (the CD office is infected, so no reply yet from Mindy), but felt confident it would work out.

I received the book yesterday and he failed to mention that someone had written in black marker on the first page (opposite the front cover). It appears to be a price, but I am not certain. It is about 3/4" tall in thick black marker.

So, assuming a good traycase and fine book other than the marking on the first page, how much would that decrease the value? Would you return it, try to get a further discount, or feel like even with the marking it is still a decent copy?
    Thanks for the advice all. I knew that would be the right thing to do, but I guess part of me was grasping at straws hoping it wasn't really so bad.

Country
    Country Flag

The first 1st/1st The Gunslinger I bought had some chick's name written in ink inside of the front cover. Seller swore he never even looked inside of the book that was really in great shape otherwise. Talk about a kick in the gut. He apologized all over the place and I was refunded immediately. Too bad it wasn't a missed inscription to said chick from SK, sigh.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, F/F signed by Hale DT2 1st, Song of Susannah artist edition... value?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    For the Hale you can still buy them from Grant for $75
    for SOS AE I think they are going for ~$100 - $150 right now.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    For the Hale you can still buy them from Grant for $75
    for SOS AE I think they are going for ~$100 - $150 right now.
    Signed 1sts for Hale? Really?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah at least last time I looked at their page they did. They are a little hidden (like everything on their site) https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-2.html

Scroll down and you will see them

Josh

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah at least last time I looked at their page they did. They are a little hidden (like everything on their site) https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-2.html

Josh
    Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Current market value on S/L Cujo. I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of $650 - $800. Thoughts?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Josh
    Still available, I just got 1 a few weeks ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 388 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast