Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 388 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    How much is s/l insomnia worth?
    Good question.. I don't want to pay over $300 but... it has been a long time. I had one lined up for $275 but it fell through at the witching hour. I would say.. $350'ish?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomas' Collector site prices it at $325-450. I think that's fairly accurate.

http://skcollector.com/limited/insomnia.html

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

The Strand in NYC has one for $350

Insomnia

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post

Insomnia

John
    I actually inquired about that copy yesterday. It's NF, so I'm trying to find out what that means to them.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Insomnia

John
    I actually inquired about that copy yesterday. It's NF, so I'm trying to find out what that means to them.
    The STRAND Insomonia SL is in nice shape. I looked at it when there last week and inquired about pricing. They would not come off $350 and I was hoping for a steal of a deal since already own one and would have been buying to use in trades.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought I a fine copy from a member here for just under $350 recently.
    It's awaiting shipping with some other items right now.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I used to be able to hackle with them in the past especially if an item was there for a couple of months. Lately no can do.

Their prices can be all over the place. For example they were selling the SL UK Doctor Sleep for $600 and it sold. On the other hand I was able to buy the Grant DT gift pack (DT1 3rd, DT2 2nd DT3) for $75.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

Insomnia

John
    The STRAND Insomonia SL is in nice shape. I looked at it when there last week and inquired about pricing. They would not come off $350 and I was hoping for a steal of a deal since already own one and would have been buying to use in trades.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

Insomnia

John
    Bummer. I was hoping to negotiate with them once they got back to me.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Nick mentioned. , they did not feel this item had been on shelf long enough to consider other than what it was listed for.
    However, perhaps if you ask, since others have tried and left without buying maybe timing or thought on that might change.
    Best of luck

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    How much is s/l insomnia worth?
    Zeising (publisher) has one on there site for $375

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They won't budge much... I tried and they have had it for awhile... I think $350 was their number too. Guys, it looks like a great S/L... And harder to find than some... Why I wonder is it not with more???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    They won't budge much... I tried and they have had it for awhile... I think $350 was their number too. Guys, it looks like a great S/L... And harder to find than some... Why I wonder is it not with more???
    The fact that there were 1250 copies done I think is the main reason for the lower price.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd own a much larger collection of S/L's if they were all at that price!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I personally LOVED Insomnia. I like Hale's work too. I kind of been holding off too as I knew the Portfolio was signed by King as well. I would LOVE a matching numbers set. Fingers crossed someday...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default UK Cujo Proof

Hi,
    I would like to know if anyone knows a fair market value for a Fine UK proof of Cujo? I have one that I bought over a decade ago, and while it's not in bad shape, it was read by a reviewer and a few of the corners show obvious rubbing.

A copy I was offered is in Fine condition with none of the usual flaws that sometimes plague trade cover proofs. The colors are vibrant too as it was well cared for, for over 30 years. It was owned by a Macdonald employee and was never read. Likewise, he doesn't know its value either.

I would like to offer a fair value as he is a good friend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Gerald

Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia

John
    CLEAN OUT YOUR IN BOX BROTHER!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to know if anyone knows a fair market value for a Fine UK proof of Cujo? I have one that I bought over a decade ago, and while it's not in bad shape, it was read by a reviewer and a few of the corners show obvious rubbing.

A copy I was offered is in Fine condition with none of the usual flaws that sometimes plague trade cover proofs. The colors are vibrant too as it was well cared for, for over 30 years. It was owned by a Macdonald employee and was never read. Likewise, he doesn't know its value either.

I would like to offer a fair value as he is a good friend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Gerald
    Gerald, my copy is in NF condition. I paid $125 a number of years ago, so I would price your friend's copy at $200-250. Only 1000 copies were issued. These come up for sale so seldom it's hard to put an exact value on them.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Hi,

Thank you,
    Gerald
    Gerald, my copy is in NF condition. I paid $125 a number of years ago, so I would price your friend's copy at $200-250. Only 1000 copies were issued. These come up for sale so seldom it's hard to put an exact value on them.

John
    Thank you John.

I believe I paid $100 for mine about a decade ago because likewise I never saw a copy come up for sale. Over the years i have seen them on ebay from time to time, but they are usually pretty worn. I will offer him what you say and see if he will part with it.

Thank you.
    Gerald

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the value of all 4 Bachman books UK 1st PB's in Fine condition ?

Thanks

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    What's the value of all 4 Bachman books UK 1st PB's in Fine condition ?

Thanks
    I doubt you will find all 4 in Fine condition, but if you do I will buy the Running Man off you. This is particularly prone to the black colour getting rubbed. Almost every copy has a tiny bit of the black worn. I've been looking unsuccessfully for years for a Mint/Fine copy.

(I bet a few pictures now appear below of Mint copies)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah you're right... I don't think I've seen a Fine copy of The Running Man UK... would be great to see one...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

This one may be one of the better ones out there.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My UK RUNNING MAN is 'new' in the sense of never being read, but the very bottom of the spine is a bit wrinkled.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The back of mine is perfect. The front has a slight curl top right and the spine has 2 white spots (similar to Bruce's) and slight shelf wear at the top and bottom. Other than that its pretty nice.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd appreciate some opinions on value of this item...

It's a rebound copy of the ORIGINAL 1978 The Stand. It's a First edition but NOT a first printing (I'm trying to establish what the gutter code is).
    It has been professionally rebound in a half morocco leather binding with marbled paper covered boards, with gilt title and design detailing and five raised bands to the spine.

It seems rebound items (especially ones done well like this) are becoming more acceptable and collectible recently - What does everyone think it's worth?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 388 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast