Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 388 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That's a really tough call...it could go for $1500, or be unsold for months...just depends if you get the buyer at the right time.

I think the real issue will be provenance...I would assume it was a fake, because they're so uncommon, or commonly forged. So if you were selling, you'd need to have solid documentation, otherwise I think you'd have a problem.

Cool item, though!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That's a really tough call...it could go for $1500, or be unsold for months...just depends if you get the buyer at the right time.

I think the real issue will be provenance...I would assume it was a fake, because they're so uncommon, or commonly forged. So if you were selling, you'd need to have solid documentation, otherwise I think you'd have a problem.

Cool item, though!
    My thoughts exactly.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool item, though!
    these were sold with the proof of provenance slips from abc/walt disney, original bill of sale from walt disney company.... including the walt disney phone number/ receipt number/date of sale.

one could also look at my ebay feedback history for feb 19th, 02 (right after the show first aired) and see the auction from abc auctions feedback.

as far as the ridley signature... i have all the program materials from the texas book festival.... and even the name plate that was on the table where ridley pearson was sitting.

i don't think you could get much better provenance than i have kept.

if anyone here bought one of these originally, i'd love to know.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually Rose Red script isn't one of the scripts you can find anywhere. I find one two years ago and got it for 30 bucks (photocopies, of course). I'm pretty sure I asked you, Terry, to let me know some of the first lines of some pages to see if it was a photocopy of the authentic script and it turned it was.

I kept on checking at ebay.com to see if another of these script show up, but never saw another, neither original or photocopies.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ah...the King signature was part of the ABC auction, and you can prove that?

Then, yes, you'd be at the high end...it would just take patience...It's not an item that you'd try to sell and immediatley find a buyer.

I know you're not selling anyway...but I'm not sure there's a dollar value you could put on it.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah...the King signature was part of the ABC auction, and you can prove that?

Then, yes, you'd be at the high end...it would just take patience...It's not an item that you'd try to sell and immediatley find a buyer.

I know you're not selling anyway...but I'm not sure there's a dollar value you could put on it.
    among other things mentioned on the provenance is:
    "This copy of the script for ABC miniseries "Stephen King's Rose Red" is autographed on its cover by its creator, acclaimed author Stephen King."

not Steven King

here is a listing of the items:
    http://collectibles.about.com/od/pri...ingredrose.htm
    http://charnelhouse.tripod.com/rosered.html

come to think of it, i think i even have a video tape of the original airing that includes the advertising of the auctions.

not that it really matters that much right now, like you said... i'm not planning on selling it..... just curious what you guys thought.

to bad the old DT site died.... I think I posted a post there when I won this years ago . ha ha, that'd be provenance.

thanks

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would it be possible to see the ad?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    the ad is actually a commercial - which is included on a VHS video tape that I recorded during the airing, thus it's not really in a format I can upload here.
    sorry.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    the ad is actually a commercial - which is included on a VHS video tape that I recorded during the airing, thus it's not really in a format I can upload here.
    sorry.
    Oh nowadays its not really a problem anymore : in the worst case (n the quickest way) is to shoot your tvscreen with a camera, if u still have a tape reader
    and at thz same time, you save rhe content of your tape for when it wont play anymore ^^
    no?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found a set of DTI, II and III unabridged audio tapes today.

All three are new and sealed. I and II are mint, III has a slight crease in the box under the shrink.

Thoughts on the value of the set together? Anyone interested in them?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

All three are new and sealed. I and II are mint, III has a slight crease in the box under the shrink.

Did you find them at Basically Books?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Did you find them at Basically Books?
    Nope, the library store in Galleria.

Said they found them in a drawer at the Byron branch. Must've bought them and lost them way back when.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I've never been. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$20

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know this is dedicated primarily to Stephen King items, but a friend that deals in sports memorabilia just got a 1941 UCLA Yearbook which includes Jackie Robinson. I know absolutely nothing about sports but thought maybe someone here could give me an idea of the value?
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    I know this is dedicated primarily to Stephen King items, but a friend that deals in sports memorabilia just got a 1941 UCLA Yearbook which includes Jackie Robinson. I know absolutely nothing about sports but thought maybe someone here could give me an idea of the value?
    Dick,

This is from an article in SCD (Sports Collector's Digest) from 2008:

Robinson later attended UCLA, where he continued his winning ways for the Bruins. Before withdrawing from UCLA in 1941 due to financial reasons, Robinson can be seen in the 1940 edition of Southern Campus (whose title was later changed to the current Bruin Life), where he is literally celebrated as “the big man on campus” as a result of his heroics on the baseball field, gridiron, basketball court and track. Robinson’s UCLA yearbook in top condition can often bring more than $500, or much more if signed by the Bruins’ first four-sport letterman.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that Eric~

I looked on Abe's & Bookfinder but apparently just looking in the wrong place.

Dick
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello have some people interested in a few of my proofs and so i was looking for a realistic price.
    DT 3 proof
    Desperation proof, has the error Steven on copyright page, i just realized this, i did not know this was the copy i had is it more or less rare?
    Thanks
    Rusty

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Desperation proof with the error is a bit more common than the corrected version.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have both listed in your proofs list? (with/ without error)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out post #24 in my Collections thread for pictures. They are both listed in the proof listing as state 1 and state 2.

John

Traveler lunarose is on a distinguished road

Hi All, I find myself needing to sell my collections but have no idea what any of it is worth so I need help!. I am hoping to be able to post pictures today so far I don't have access to post attachments.

Here is a list of what:
    I have a complete set of The Dark Dower series 1st non signed
    Limited signed
    Cujo
    Firestarter
    Of Fear itself

!sts trades of
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    The Stand
    The Shinning

Limited Edition of
    My Pretty Pony
    Secretary of Dreams
    Uncollected Unpublished of Stephen King Vol1
    Whispers The King Volume
    Whispers II (silver ed)

I also have some non King firsts I need to sell but not sure if it is okay to post them here.
    Thanks

I posted pictures of my collection in my gallery for some reason I still can not post them directlt Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunarose View Post
    Hi All, I find myself needing to sell my collections but have no idea what any of it is worth so I need help!. I am hoping to be able to post pictures today so far I don't have access to post attachments.

Here is a list of what:
    I have a complete set of The Dark Dower series 1st non signed
    Limited signed
    Cujo
    Firestarter
    Of Fear itself

!sts trades of
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    The Stand
    The Shinning

Limited Edition of
    My Pretty Pony
    Secretary of Dreams
    Uncollected Unpublished of Stephen King Vol1
    Whispers The King Volume
    Whispers II (silver ed)

I also have some non King firsts I need to sell but not sure if it is okay to post them here.
    Thanks
    "The Shinning" Is this the special Simpsons edition? Very rare! haha...j/k!

The Cujo and Firestarters are worth some $$...probably $600 and $800 each at least.

Rahf,
    Duh, must be(G) What's an extra n between friends. Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 388 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast