Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 388 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see no problem re-shrinkwrapping a book. If you later sold the book, disclosure would be the fair thing to do.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Gretchen.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The presence of shrinkwrap adds no value in my consideration of buying a book.

I agree with Jerome though if you prefer shrinkwrap for some reason. Re-shrinkwrapping a book is one thing, however lying about it later would be another.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All~

Anyone give me a rough idea of the value of the S/L 2 vol. DMG illustrated Talisman (#/70)?

Thanks in advance.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/.../talisman.html

The Collector lists the price at between $800 aqnd $1,000. That seems a bit high to me, but only by $100-$150. I'd say that $650 is a good price to buy at, but $800 is a good price to sell at. I haven't put anymore thought or research into it though, so I'd look around and see what people are asking for them before I bought or sold one if I were you.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Hi All~

Anyone give me a rough idea of the value of the S/L 2 vol. DMG illustrated Talisman (#/70)?

Thanks in advance.
    Do you mean one of the lettered/artist edition copies #'d 1 of 70?

Because those are about $1700 or so.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Look what I got today.....

(Edit: Went to Comicon)

Ran into Maleev (cover artist) and had him sign my Stephen King "N" comic! woot!!

My girlfriend got Wil Wheaton to sign a copy of Stand By Me (DVD) which is funny since most people wanted him to sign their Star Trek stuff!

Also got a picture with Lou Ferigno...yes THE HULK!!! hehehehe!

Quesada left really fast, so I could not get him to sign my Dark Tower variant comics...grrr!
    Last edited by CurtSeattle; 03-14-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post

(Edit: Went to Comicon)

Ran into Maleev (cover artist) and had him sign my Stephen King "N" comic! woot!!

My girlfriend got Will Wheaton to sign a copy of Stand By Me (DVD) which is funny since most people wanted him to sign their Star Trek stuff!

Also got a picture with Lou Ferigno...yes THE HULK!!! hehehehe!

Quesada left really fast, so I could not get him to sign my Dark Tower variant comics...grrr!

Wil Wheaton is a nice guy, and a good writer he has several books out and even a S/L that is due from Subterranean.

I miss going to Comicon, sounds like you had a good time.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Hi All~

Thanks in advance.

"Presentation copy", signed by King, Straub & 10 illustrators, #'d of 70, "not for sale".

I know Tomas has them priced between $1100 and $1600. With the economy the way it is, I'm basically wondering if we're currently at the low end of his range, or if that just entirely depends on the book. I don't look constantly, but haven't seen one of these for sale in the last year.

Sam ~ you scared me!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

< -- Big Fan of Wil Wheaton. I've met him at cons in the past and he's really nice and very down to Earth.

Quesada's line for signatures is always super-long and he never stays late. Usually he's doing so many panels, etc, that it's hard to catch him.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Dang. Things have really changed over the years for Quesada. He used to be really easy to get sigs from and stayed until the con was over and then some. That was before he had his current position with Marvel though, back in his Ash days.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Hi All~

Thanks in advance.

"Presentation copy", signed by King, Straub & 10 illustrators, #'d of 70, "not for sale".

I know Tomas has them priced between $1100 and $1600. With the economy the way it is, I'm basically wondering if we're currently at the low end of his range, or if that just entirely depends on the book. I don't look constantly, but haven't seen one of these for sale in the last year.

Sam ~ you scared me!!
    We're def. at the low end, but no lower than $1500...it's signed by everybody, and is pretty rare (I don't mean by the numbers, but also because they just don't show up very often).

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

"Presentation copy", signed by King, Straub & 10 illustrators, #'d of 70,

There's been one on sale at Bettsbooks for 4 years. It's still there.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks ~~

Don't know why I never saw that Betts listing on Talisman!!!!!!!.......

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What is a good price to pay for a UK copy of The Stand 1978 version?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    What is a good price to pay for a UK copy of The Stand 1978 version?
    $1..... is a good price. What condition? Particualy the dj.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hutch is right. It could be anything from £20 to £500 depending on the condition of the jacket. It is very hard to find a fine copy, and the price would reflect this.

EDIT:
    This one has been on sale for a while at $350
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-THE...item53dd19e278

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Hutch is right. It could be anything from £20 to £500 depending on the condition of the jacket. It is very hard to find a fine copy, and the price would reflect this.

EDIT:
    This one has been on sale for a while at $350
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-THE...item53dd19e278
    That's the one I've been looking at wondering if it is decent value. The DJ looks pretty nice overall. Thoughts?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How about Moth and Onan, both in near fine condition, reasonable prices for each?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And an update on pricing for the Lettered Salem's Lot. I just sold one for $6000.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

And an update on pricing for the Lettered Salem's Lot. I just sold one for $6000.
    Wow. Congratulations. So much for my estimate.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How about Moth and Onan, both in near fine condition, reasonable prices for each?
    Are you referring to the combined listing of both on eBay (BIN $800 or Best Offer)? All I know is that I made an offer of $600 and it went unanswered but I hear that Onan should probably be worth up to $800 and Moth up to $600, depending on condition. I maybe wrong though, I'm not yet well-versed in pre-Carrie publication lore

Country
    Country Flag

The last Onan went to our John I think, for $338.22
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-ONA...item56391f17f1

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that was my buy. Not in the best condition, but well worth the price.

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input. For better or worse, I made an offer of $700 and it was automatically accepted. I guess you can set up offer levels within eBay that will either be accepted or rejected immediately. So, I paid $350 each for VG condition. We'll see when they arrive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 388 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast