Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 387 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387
Results 9,651 to 9,669 of 9669

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

  1. #9651
    Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    The dust jacket would be very white to be NF.

  2. #9652
    Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,307

    Default

    I went to a horror con today and a lady was selling some King books. She had not only a Fine copy of The Long Walk but the best looking copy of Rage I have ever seen. Admittedly I have never seen it in person but it looked brand new besides page yellowing. She was asking $2500. $700 for The Long Walk. Are those prices reasonable?

  3. #9653
    Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I went to a horror con today and a lady was selling some King books. She had not only a Fine copy of The Long Walk but the best looking copy of Rage I have ever seen. Admittedly I have never seen it in person but it looked brand new besides page yellowing. She was asking $2500. $700 for The Long Walk. Are those prices reasonable?
    If the copies were truly fine then those are reasonable prices… 12 months ago those would probably have been considered really good prices
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

  4. #9654
    Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    136
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    A VG+ copy of Rage probably went for below $2K (best offer invoked) on eBay recently.

  5. #9655
    Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,307

    Default

    Wow, nice, thanks guys!

  6. #9656
    Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sunshine state
    Posts
    744
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Be careful that Rage was not a fake. There are printed knock-offs that are showing up, they are ever so slightly "fuzzy" on he cover and look too clean.
    Someone was showing an example on Facebook a few weeks ago.
    The reality is Rage is pretty cheaply made and the very best copies will not "look new", there will be some kind of wear even if
    it has never been read.

  7. #9657
    Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    169
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Be careful that Rage was not a fake. There are printed knock-offs that are showing up, they are ever so slightly "fuzzy" on he cover and look too clean.
    Someone was showing an example on Facebook a few weeks ago.
    The reality is Rage is pretty cheaply made and the very best copies will not "look new", there will be some kind of wear even if
    it has never been read.
    Good reminder! Does anyone here know if there are other differences? ISBN or price on the cover for example?
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

  8. #9658
    Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,307

    Default

    Felt too good to be true so that is probably the case. It definitely had not been read. The yellowing pages was the only signs of age and it was in a bag so I couldn't examine closer but the spine looked damn near perfect. My friend took some pics but because of the bag, it's hard to make out.

  9. #9659
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    “No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Posts
    10,592
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Felt too good to be true so that is probably the case. It definitely had not been read. The yellowing pages was the only signs of age and it was in a bag so I couldn't examine closer but the spine looked damn near perfect. My friend took some pics but because of the bag, it's hard to make out.
    The yellowing pages are a good indicator of age.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

  10. #9660
    Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    "Eureka"
    Posts
    699
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    What would be a very good price(buyer) for a IT PC lettered? Thanks!

  11. #9661
    Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    What would be a very good price(buyer) for a IT PC lettered? Thanks!
    You won't do better than Kris's $3995 on Facebook.

  12. #9662
    Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    655
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    What would be a very good price(buyer) for a IT PC lettered? Thanks!
    You won't do better than Kris's $3995 on Facebook.
    Sheesh. That is a good deal. Agreed.

  13. #9663
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    18,469
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    What would be a very good price(buyer) for a IT PC lettered? Thanks!
    Yes it's as new flawless. If you're interested shoot me a message


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  14. #9664
    Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate going price for a signed and numbered “Insomnia” art portfolio, produced by Glimmer Graphics in 1996. All of the artwork looks to be in like new condition. The folder containing the artwork is black, and is in near fine- condition.

    Also, I don’t know whether or not this was standard with all the “Insomnia” art portfolios, but my folder also contains a large (approximately the size of artwork) two-sided brochure from Donald M. Grant to purchase, among other things, both the trade and limited editions of “The Gunslinger.” This is also in like new condition.

    Thank you ahead of time for any help you can give me.

    Thanks again!
    Michael

  15. #9665
    Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockhamistic View Post
    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate going price for a signed and numbered “Insomnia” art portfolio, produced by Glimmer Graphics in 1996. All of the artwork looks to be in like new condition. The folder containing the artwork is black, and is in near fine- condition.

    Also, I don’t know whether or not this was standard with all the “Insomnia” art portfolios, but my folder also contains a large (approximately the size of artwork) two-sided brochure from Donald M. Grant to purchase, among other things, both the trade and limited editions of “The Gunslinger.” This is also in like new condition.

    Thank you ahead of time for any help you can give me.

    Thanks again!
    Michael
    You never said but is it signed by King and numbered. If it is, then the going price is $475.

  16. #9666
    Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    It is signed and numbered. Thank you, Curly!

  17. #9667
    Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,571
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Would $1300 be a fair price to pay for a FINE copy of THE COMPLETE MASTERS OF DARKNESS?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  18. #9668
    Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Would $1300 be a fair price to pay for a FINE copy of THE COMPLETE MASTERS OF DARKNESS?
    Far too much. One has been on sale for a long time for $1000 and prices have been dropping a lot recently.

  19. #9669
    Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,571
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Would $1300 be a fair price to pay for a FINE copy of THE COMPLETE MASTERS OF DARKNESS?
    Far too much. One has been on sale for a long time for $1000 and prices have been dropping a lot recently.
    Thanks! I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger then.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 387 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts