Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 388 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thoughts on the price of a 'Salem's Lot gift edition, the traycase (from The Collector), AND the prints from Centipede press that can be placed inside the traycase?
    All are new and in fact are still sealed from the original shipper.
    I'm not so much concerned with the monetary value - curious of course - but what do you guys think would be the rarity value of the above set which also has the copy of the letter that SK sent to Jerad at Centipede Press? The set is in perfect condition.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

A copy, or the real letter?

A copy would add some curiosity value...maybe an extra $50?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    A copy, or the real letter?

A copy would add some curiosity value...maybe an extra $50?
    Just a copy, but a professionally produced one by Centipede Press.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So it's "an official" copy?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So it's "an official" copy?
    Yes, I guess you could call it that.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Can someone give me an idea of the value of two Michael Whelan prints I received with my copy of Knowing Darkness. They are The Slow Mutants from DT I and Agul Siento from DT VII and are both signed by Whelan.

Thanks

Jon

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What would you all say a PC S/L From a Buick 8 is worth? also the value of a signed first edition Christine, signed in 1989?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Can someone give me an idea of the value of two Michael Whelan prints I received with my copy of Knowing Darkness. They are The Slow Mutants from DT I and Agul Siento from DT VII and are both signed by Whelan.

Thanks

Jon
    Maybe $50. That's just an educated guess.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    What would you all say a PC S/L From a Buick 8 is worth? also the value of a signed first edition Christine, signed in 1989?
    I just sold a PC copy to a member on this site for $375.

A signed 1st edition Christine...$250

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What is regular 1st edition trade copy of Dark Tower VII, signed by Whelan worth? No doodles or remarques and not the artsit editon, just the plain old trade 1st?

One more thing, I have the proofs of DT 3-7 (just the easy to find versions). I obtained these directly from Darrel Anderson, they were some of his personal copies. He signed them all and included a signed letter stating they were all his personal copies from his collection. I realize he did not do the art work in all of them so does that take away from their value or add to it since they all came from him?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fine condition, $20. ($13 added for Whelan's signature)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say that Anderson's signature would add a few dollars to their value, especially including the letter. Not a lot, but it would not lessen their value.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

See, now for me, it would lessen the value on DT3, 4, 5 and 7 as Anderson was not the illustrator for those books.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a couple of items that I want to sell as a "set" ... A prop "arm" from the set of Graveyard Shift and the Original Proof from the Motion Picture. The Proof is 8 x 12 and is signed with a silver paint pen.

One 'problem' I keep running into is: How would you list two items in a single auction? I've just never seen it done with items like this. I'm sure there is a simple way to do it, I haven't figured it out. The condition of both items would be vg and they are now over 20 years old.

Also, posting here to get an idea of the value and any other sage words of wisdom from any of the resident collectors.

pm me if you need additional details, I posted pics to my member gallery.

Thnx
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Where do you want to sell these? On eBay, on the DTBay, or here in the classified thread? In any case, why not just list them as "Graveyard Shift movie memorabilia"? As far as pricing, I have no idea. I personally am not into collecting movie memorabilia, but I'm sure others here have some ideas.

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    See, now for me, it would lessen the value on DT3, 4, 5 and 7 as Anderson was not the illustrator for those books.
    Thats kinda what i thought, but wasn't really sure. I guess it would depend on the person. I like having them but sometimes wish they weren't all signed !

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Where do you want to sell these? On eBay, on the DTBay, or here in the classified thread?

John
    I am so out of touch with the process of selling stuff like this I genuinely don't even have a clue.

Thanks for your suggestion of listing the items as: "Graveyard Shift movie memorabilia"?

This is the sort of thing that is amazingly simple, yet I -never- would have figured it out on my own.

As to where I sell it, I have yet to sort that out.
    It's something I have been putting off. But I'm on a mission to get it done.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have pics of the items? Could we see them?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Do you have pics of the items? Could we see them?
    Yes, I posted some pics to my member gallery.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I'm not sure what to tell you for value. I have the promo hand in box that was sent out to theaters and will soon have a signed poster from the movie with the sig in the headlamp. I think you've already been given the best suggestion for listing this.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default 1 of a Kind Stephen King Under the Dome Limited Value?

This is a weird one!

I'm just getting started with my collection (well compared to the rest of you it looks like since I do have all of the normal 1st/1st's like Gunslinger and whatnot...just not the insane priced ones that I didn't even know existed...doh!).

I just got the UK 1st/1st limited of the 500 copy set (never really get UK versioins, but with only 500 out I couldn't resist). On a side note, it is in perfect condition (I hear many were damaged in initial shipping so less than 500 now I guess...shrug), but does it go DOWN in value if I check what number I have? I'd like to know if it was #1 (does that make it more valuable too?).

But I digress.....

I have this new Under the Dome Limited and there was obviously a "misfeed" at the binding company and 2nd "signature" page was inserted before binding that is not quite perfect (not that it was added after the fact or anything as it is obvious it was just angled slightly before binding but still all the way bound...so any questions of authenticity can be avoided...it is authentic with the receipt and everything.

Mr. King went ahead and signed BOTH pages..the odd one and the normal perfect one.

Does that increase the value? I'm not going to sell it anyway as it is a one of a kind in my mind and that makes it my prized possession of my current small collection, but I'm just curious what all of your thoughts are.

Thanks!!!

Curt
    The Newbie

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't say it adds substantial value, but since King's signature commands a price, someone might be willing to pay a few bucks more.
    A picture would be great.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Curt

We look forward to hearing more about your collection. On a side note:

Pages are usually signed well before the binding process so it's not that King went ahead and signed the 2nd sheet, it was just bound that way already with his sig.

Please stick around. You are on your way to meeting the most knowledgeable King collectors in the world all in one spot.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Curt, I have to agree with Jerome (Randall Flagg) that there is some increase in value of the "double-signed" copy, even if it's a bindery mistake.

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default ahhhh, i see!

So it misfed two of his signature pages into the book. Still cool!

I'm sanding, spackling and painting today, so no way I'm touching any of my books. hehehe!

I will take a couple of pics and post them soon though. I don't think any of my other books are that expensive (at least not like thousands like I see these other are).

I started too late. I read them all growing up, but just went to the library. I mean...heck!...I was a kid! Wish I would have been buying them all the way through growing up. Hindsight 20/20 and all that.

I did keep my "Gor" paperbacks by John Norman which are kind of pricey...for paperbacks...like $50 for some of them and a lot of Piers Anthony, just no Stephen King. sigh....

I will just have to glean little gems from the various garage sales of the world and online when I have extra money (yeah, we all have a lot of that right now. hehehe!)

Thanks for the information and I'm excited to get some great info on this site. I already feel myself getting smarter through forum osmosis!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 388 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast