Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 388 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

And did you know there were Lettered Plant copies? Am 99.9% certain at least one member here has a set of Lettered editions. I've necer even seen pictures of Lettered ones myself but am super curious.
    You can be 100% certain.
    Yeah well, I didn't want to call you out by name Bob...BUT WE ALL KNEW!!! LOL. Your call but even one picture of a Letter would be pretty cool although I assume it "looks" no different than a S/L copy...am I wrong?
    They look no different. Just a letter instead of a number.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No idea Kris as to how many sets all inscribed to same person. I do know that Steve's list DID change somewhat over that period of The Plant so some people got book 1 and 2 but NOT three.

And did you know there were Lettered Plant copies? Am 99.9% certain at least one member here has a set of Lettered editions. I've necer even seen pictures of Lettered ones myself but am super curious.

Finally....I have been a long-time fan of the Ramones, a band that King liked as well and quoted lyrics in several books....I have a Plant I inscribed to Marky Ramone...I've always wondered if the band members each got a copy inscribed to them and if they received all 3 copies. Man, I would just die for a copy inscribed to Joey Ramone, the band leader (now deceased)

As a side note, Steve wrote the liner notes of a Ramones tributes CD : "We're a happy family - Tribute to the ramones" (2003).
    But obviously you probably already knew that

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

You can be 100% certain.
    Yeah well, I didn't want to call you out by name Bob...BUT WE ALL KNEW!!! LOL. Your call but even one picture of a Letter would be pretty cool although I assume it "looks" no different than a S/L copy...am I wrong?
    They look no different. Just a letter instead of a number.
    Here is Part 1. You can see by the limitation page that the lettered copies were an afterthought with the lettered limitation written in by hand. The limitation page on all three parts is in the back of the book. King signed and dated Part 1 on the first page of the book.

Here is Part 2. Now the lettered limitation is stated from the outset. Again King signs and dates on the first page of the book.

Here is Part 3. King signed these on the limitation page. No date.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful Bob. Thanks for sharing the pics. Great to see.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing. That is a real treat so see!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob,

Are any of your lettered Plants inscribed to anyone? None of mine are inscribed and, for the record, I believe mine are lettered F, F, and A. I just wished I knew how the lettered Plants and lettered EOTDs were distributed by King... Thanks,

John

No. None of mine are inscribed. I, too, would like to know how King and/or Philtrum distributed the lettered copies. They hardly ever come up for sale.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice shots, Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting those pics, Bob. Fantastic!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply awesome as usual, Bob.

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting seeing the photos of these. Thank you for sharing.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see those lettered Plants, Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

VERY cool stuff Bob. Always love seeing rare stuff!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

What are your thoughts on the value of a fine copy of MOTH?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    My opinion is that most of them are not fine. They tend to have discoloration or rusty staple stains or bumped corners, etc..

I think it's worth at least $500 if truly fine.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid $575 for this over 20 years ago (Before the internet)

Spoiler:
    and before Steve signed it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Br!an.

I bought this copy today for a little less than the asking price of $400, and wanted to know if I had gotten a decent price.

With the exception of the spot on the page ends, it seems fine to me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Br!an.

I bought this copy today for a little less than the asking price of $400, and wanted to know if I had gotten a decent price.

I think I've seen this before. I remember the spot.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    My opinion is that most of them are not fine. They tend to have discoloration or rusty staple stains or bumped corners, etc..

I think it's worth at least $500 if truly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Thank you Br!an.

I think I've seen this before. I remember the spot.
    This arrived yesterday.

With the exception of the spot, I do in fact consider it to be truly fine, and it has never been fully opened and is unread.....the spine is rigid and no creases.

Got this little gem for $350....so it sounds like I did well.

Thank you for the opinions and input.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team,
    What are your thoughts on the current value of a third state, first edition Salem's Lot? Lets say the value for a Fine copy and also for a Good copy?

I'm looking at saving for a copy, and just wondering what sort of budget I need to plan for. I would probably settle for less than fine if the price was right, and would appreciate your thoughts on what I should be planning around.

Thank you
    James
    I'm seconding this question, although re-asking it with a couple more questions attached. It seems the value on the variations of Salem's first is hard to nail down right now.

In addition to what Jimmick asked above, I'm very curious about the value of a Good 2nd state copy.

I have the opportunity to buy one from a local, but am trying to make sure I'm being smart before I do. The DJ is in VG- shape and the book would be VG- as well except there's a book plate in it, also a stain on one of the pages and a bit of foxing. But the binding is solid and square and the corners are pretty bump free. Thoughts on current value? What the future value might be? This would not be a turn around and sell it type of purchase, I'd own this for the long haul. Seller and I are negotiating in the $350 range.

Many Thanks!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team,
    What are your thoughts on the current value of a third state, first edition Salem's Lot? Lets say the value for a Fine copy and also for a Good copy?

I'm looking at saving for a copy, and just wondering what sort of budget I need to plan for. I would probably settle for less than fine if the price was right, and would appreciate your thoughts on what I should be planning around.

Thank you
    James
    I'm seconding this question, although re-asking it with a couple more questions attached. It seems the value on the variations of Salem's first is hard to nail down right now.

In addition to what Jimmick asked above, I'm very curious about the value of a Good 2nd state copy.

I have the opportunity to buy one from a local, but am trying to make sure I'm being smart before I do. The DJ is in VG- shape and the book would be VG- as well except there's a book plate in it, also a stain on one of the pages and a bit of foxing. But the binding is solid and square and the corners are pretty bump free. Thoughts on current value? What the future value might be? This would not be a turn around and sell it type of purchase, I'd own this for the long haul. Seller and I are negotiating in the $350 range.

Many Thanks!!
    Just to give an idea of fine/near fine copy

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post

Many Thanks!!
    Just to give an idea of fine/near fine copy

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US
    Thanks, I've seen that one. I've also searched completed ebay listings for more historical context.

But it seems that only NF and pretty beat up ex-libs come up for sale. I'm wondering about just a Good or slightly better 2nd State Salem's.

Also, as an aside, the copy I'm looking at has a book plate in it. How much do book plates generally reduce a collectible's value? I know there's no magic formula, but I don't have a good understanding of exactly how undesirable they are. Thoughts there?

Thanks again all for considerations!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I would not buy a copy with a book plate - to me it's a dealbreaker.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Agreed, only bookplates I have are the signed limited uk books.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Agreed, only bookplates I have are the signed limited uk books.
    That is how I feel too. I don't buy books with bookplates, previous owner signatures or price-clipped dust jackets. I've had them all in the past and find that I immediately tried to upgrade or get rid of them completely. My advice is to not settle on a lower end copy if it fits your budget to save up for a while longer and get a book that you will truly enjoy having in your collection for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 388 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 ... LastLast