Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Antoni, congrats!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Joyce Carol Oates was here for the Melbourne International Writer's Festival. I went to her presentation, "The Dark Side of Womanhood". The event was moved to a larger venue because of the interest and it was a sell-out (300-ish capacity). She is a captivating presence and monumental intellect. She inscribed my 1st edition copy of her very first novel, With Shuddering Fall (1964), and her classic collection, Haunted (1994). She was lovely and chatty, surprised to see a copy of With Shuddering Fall, and asked me about myself. We were briefly interrupted by her husband who expressed concern regarding the rain pouring outside, and she told him to go and view some sculptures that were nearby, that she wouldn't be long (there were at least 100 people lined up behind me, I was 10th in line).

For a country that rarely gets visiting international authors, this event was huge.

Nice from her to tell her husband to piss off so that she can be with her fans !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice new books, Antoni! I like that your Misery is signed to Paul...

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Really Cool Antoni!
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, duder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG congrats Antoni !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, brother!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice Antoni, congrats!
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nice from her to tell her husband to piss off so that she can be with her fans !
    Hahaha... Yeah. But I found it weird that she's working, 100 people at least in line, and he comes over to point out that it's raining outside..? Haha... They're elderly and seemed an anxious, eccentric couple.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice new books, Antoni! I like that your Misery is signed to Paul...
    Cheers Dez. Yes, I like that too... And the inscription kinda relates to Sheldon, also.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Really Cool Antoni!
    Thanks LJ....

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Very cool, duder!
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG congrats Antoni !!!
    Thanks Frankie!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Awesome, brother!
    Cheers my man. It was great to meet her.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't know peripheral, sometimes I think you're right on the edge of something great.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't know peripheral, sometimes I think you're right on the edge of something great.
    Me too. Something...mountainous and... precarious.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some really great inscriptions. Good stuff.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

Some more recent inscriptions...

Creepshow US 1st (Fine)

Christine US 1st (NF / F)

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Christine inscription!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2 beauties, Antoni. Especially love the Christine inscription. Congratulations buddy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - some seriously cool inscriptions there. Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Love the Christine inscription!
    Thanks Dez, yeah, awesome isn't it...

Very cool, Peri!
    Cheers Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    BOOOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    2 beauties, Antoni. Especially love the Christine inscription. Congratulations buddy.
    Cheers, Alan. Yeah, I stretched the funds for Christine - had to have it. But I got a deal on that classic Creepshow inscription, is it balanced a little...

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Wow - some seriously cool inscriptions there. Congrats!
    Thank you Frondz. Yeah, I love inscriptions.

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers, Alan. Yeah, I stretched the funds for Christine - had to have it. But I got a deal on that classic Creepshow inscription, is it balanced a little...
    I love the justification of a collector

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2x BIG Congrats !!!

Country
    Country Flag

I love the justification of a collector
    Hahaha... Parallels the justification of an addict!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    2x BIG Congrats !!!
    Cheers Frank!

Country
    Country Flag

Psycho by Robert Bloch, 1st US Edition, inscribed to Stuart Schiff (editor of the Whispers magazine), with the trademark blood drip on the "h".

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is FANTASTIC! Congratulations Antoni.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Love the PSYCHO.

Now you made me go look at my copy, which is in about the same shape as yours, or maybe not quite as good. It's hard to find a copy in great shape for a decent price, or at least it used to be.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast