I wanted to start a thread on King quotes, but thought I'd check around first to see if one exists. I found this one, but there hasn't been a post here for over 6 years. Anyway, not sure if anyone visits here much, but I wanted to post this piece. I've been reading/re-reading all his books and have a ton of quotes that I think are truly brilliant. Here's one which is from Blaze. It's absolutely beautiful writing.

"Sometimes when he was in the country he would sleep in a barn and wake in the night and go out and look at the stars and there were so many, and he knew they were there before him, and they would be there after him. That was sort of awful and sort of wonderful. Sometimes when he was hitchhiking and it was going on for November, the wind would blow around him and flap his pants and he would grieve for something that was lost, like that letter which had come with no address. Sometimes he would look at the sky in the spring and see a bird, and it might make him happy, but just as often it felt like something inside him was getting small and ready to break."

— Blaze, Stephen King