Donate To Keep The Site Vibrant Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Stephen King signing events master list/spreadsheet

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems reasonable to believe the event was at their flagship store at Rockefeller Center.

Citizen of Gilead vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks,

just came across this:

Bangor Daily News, 16 December 1993:

caption under a picture: Vicki Howland of Bangor gets a copy of "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" autographed by author Stephen King during a book signing at BookMarc's in Bangor Wednesday. The line stretched outside and down Central Street as King signed more than 200 books in two hours.

Citizen of Gilead vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent is a name known to all vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hereís a picture of Vicki:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    www.signedanddated.info <-- My site with over 700 images of books signed by Stephen King during the seventies, eighties and nineties sorted by date of inscription.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So the actual signing would have been on Wednesday 12/15/1993.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future Roseannebarr has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Asleep

Tried updating for institute. Have to wait till I get to work

Country
    Country Flag

King signed Danse Macabre on Saturday 28th of March 1981 at the B. Dalton bookstore in the Bangor Mall.

From the BDN of 1 April 1981:

Country
    Country Flag

Cool: the announcement in the Maine Campus (12 April 1974) of King's first ever (I think) signing event, for Carrie on the 14th of April:

www.signedanddated.info <-- My site with over 700 images of books signed by Stephen King during the seventies, eighties and nineties sorted by date of inscription.

Vagrant Dead Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is really cool
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Cujo, Misery, Shining, Salemís Lot, On Writing, Mr. Mercedes
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC
    1st/1st UK's of The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm, Career of Evil, Lethal White, Troubled Blood

Country
    Country Flag

One of the stops on King's tour for INSOMNIA:

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a book from that event...and the flyer.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $125
    Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition $75
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $150
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $250
    Lisey's Story ARC $25

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of The Bachman Books (1985 Omnibus Hardback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have a book from that event...and the flyer.....
    that's very cool! That would be one of 205 then.

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question:

I believe King was at a convention on 24 and 25 July 1982. I have images of 18 books signed on those two days. I think Whelan was also there on the 25th, because two of the books are gunslingers signed by both. One inscription is to "Bob, the Invisible Conventioneer".

Does anyone have any idea which convention that might have been? Or where to find that information, or who to ask? I have googled myself silly on this.

thank you!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That would have been Archon 6, July 23-25, 1982 at the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel in St. Louis with guests of honor Stephen King, Tabitha King, Walt Liebscher and toastmaster Robert Bloch.

A few pages of pictures from the con can be found here: http://www.midamericon.org/photoarchive/82archon1.htm

Also present were Joe Haldeman, George R.R. Martin,

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The program book has an essay about King by Peter Straub. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...bi=30494208419

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The program book has an essay about King by Peter Straub. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...bi=30494208419
    Fantastic!! Many thanks, Bev.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Just for the sake of completeness (and in case the ebay link mentioned upthread goes dead),

here's the flyer for the signing at the Regency Bookstore in Omaha in 1979 for The Dead Zone:

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $125
    Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition $75
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $150
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $250
    Lisey's Story ARC $25

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of The Bachman Books (1985 Omnibus Hardback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't get much better than that, unless your name is Eva.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very nice!

Country
    Country Flag

yes, that's really a great one, especially with the flyer.

On my site Signed and Dated I've got 5 in total from that day, including one inscribed to the bookstore owner, thanking him for the fantastic reception.

Country
    Country Flag

Default 9/22/86 - Virginia Beach Pavillion, VA

This is not a signing event on the occasion of a publication of one particular books, but it does seem that King signed what sounds like a few hundred books:

On the 22nd of September 1986 King gave a lecture on the topic of censorship at the invitation of the Friends of the Library from Virginia Beach, Virginia. Before the lecture they sold many pre-autographed books that King all signed in his hotel-room that day.

From George Beahm's SK Companion:

I've seen an IT, a Cujo and a 'Salem's Lot signed on that date.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that this thread deserves more loves
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4