Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my trip to NY, USA

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Starting my trip to NY, USA

Hello my friends,

As many of you know, in July I'll be visiting New York, Washington DC, Bangor, Rhode Island, Maryland and Pennsylvania. Sadly I'll be spending very few days in Rhode Island, Maryland, Bangor and Pennsylvania, but I plan to spend 5 or 6 days in NY and 3 days in Washington.

The first plan is to travel with two friends. One is Asterisco (he posts here from time to time) and the other one didn't post but it's a member. It's not confirmed they'll be travelling (they have to get a visa and that isn't the easiest things to get. I'm visa waived since I have an italian passport (my father is italian, so I have italian nationality as well)).

Well... It's less than 6 months away and we're starting to make serious plans on what we'd like to do. And, besides all the places we'd like to visit in the previously mentioned states, we have the idea of spending 5 days in Orlando, FL, in Disneyworld.
    Now...since NY and florida aren't only one block away, I wonder if anyone has an idea of how much a ticket from NY to Orlando may cost.

On the other hand, I'll be sharing our plans (or mine...until I see both my friends in the plane I won't be sure they're coming) here waiting to know all your suggestions, comments and ideas you might have. ALL IDEAS ARE VERY WELCOMED!!!

I know that this isn't the best place for this thread but I've been spending so much time here that I really consider you all my cyberfriends and I hope I can meet as many of you as I can.

Starting tomorrow I'll be writting my plans.

Thanks in advance and see you soon! (who knows..that might be true!)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I put "NY" only in the topic. Can it be changed to "USA"?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Sorry. I put "NY" only in the topic. Can it be changed to "USA"?
    Done.

Have fun planning your trip. I hope Asterisco and your other friend make it.

I'm West Coast, so it'll be interesting to hear the recommendations from our East Coast members.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Travel safe.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Keystone New York?

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.

I have friends who travel that spend their entire time inside of JFK waiting for a connecting flight to somewhere else so it's good that you'll have some time to enjoy the City.

I don't travel to often, so I can't give you a precise number on what a flight from here to Orlando would cost, but according to Priceline a direct flight right now would fall somewhere in $290 to $400 range.

Anyway, if you want to final some haute cuisine for a relatively cheap price I suggest you check out Di Fara, which is the best pizzeria in the five borughs, IMO.

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ari,
    Jet Blue will be your best bet. If your just going for the airfare and you get a deal, its an average of $79-$110. give or take a few dollars. If you have the time you can consider driving, although that takes about 24 hours but its good way to see some of the states. Lots of luck with your trip, hope you have a great time. You'll love NY...a lot to see!

Carl.

http://jetblue.com/
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey i hope you'll get some really nice time!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari - I just sent an email a few weeks ago to Rocky Wood - we all know who he is right!!

I gave him many links with things to do in the Washington, DC area - I live about 30 minutes form DC and would love to meet up at some point! Once you start to have a definite itinerary of when you will be where maybe we can make plans to meet!

And 2whatever flight costs you figure out now will most likely change by summertime! But there are deals to be had between NYC and Orlando!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would advise you that Orlando in July is VERY humid and hot. Unless you just have to visit Disneyland at that time, I wouldn't go there.
    The average daily Max temperature is 91 degrees (F), 33 celsius, with an average humidity of 74%. You sweat all day, and can never dry off.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari-

You better stop by to say hello when you are in NYC!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advices!! I've just took note of the flights company.

American Airlines tickets from Buenos Aires to New York, then on August 8th from NY to Orlando, and on August 12th from Orlando to Buenos Aires costs $1100. There are big chances I'll book that ticket.
    I'll be going to Disneyworld in Orlando. I don't have any other plans.

The idea of going by car is pretty cool and I'd love to, but since I won't be having to many days, I better take advantage of the planes.

Wiz and Bob, OF COURSE I'll be stopping by to say Hi!! To both of you and all the ones that would like and live near or can make it in one of the places I'll be spending my time.

There aren't many things in Buenos Aires King related but if anyone wants something please PM and I'll try to get one and take it to USA.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I would advise you that Orlando in July is VERY humid and hot. Unless you just have to visit Disneyland at that time, I wouldn't go there.
    The average daily Max temperature is 91 degrees (F), 33 celsius, with an average humidity of 74%. You sweat all day, and can never dry off.
    And truthfully, I think it actually rains in Orlando every day at 4pm - you get wet and then 15 minutes later there is no evidence that it ever rained! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you have fun Ari!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Ari-

You better stop by to say hello when you are in NYC!
    Dark Tower-themed kegger on the East Coast.

Save the date!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should have had San Francisco on your travel plans.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

And Amarillo, Texas. My basement is better than Disneyworld....for King fans, that is.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ain't that the truth!!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And Amarillo, Texas. My basement is better than Disneyworld....for King fans, that is.
    I would go there (if invited) before I went anywhere else in America.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nobody EVER goes to Cleveland. (Not that I blame them much!)

John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ari,
    I live in Maryland, down near Annapolis, if your close by sometime maybe we can work something out. Hope you have a great trip, should be a lot of fun !!

Rusty

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I would go there (if invited) before I went anywhere else in America.
    I would hope that if any of you that I have "met" ever find yourselves in or near Amarillo that you would give me a call and stop by. I give a mean tour of the basement and Amarillo in general.

George Beahm is supposed to be coming to Amarillo to photograph a lot of items for his revised SK Collectibles book (but the date keeps getting pushed back). Jerad Walters of Centipede Press is doing a book on "Artists Inspired by SK" or something like that and is coming this summer to scan some of the artwork that I have.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome and Bob, believe me...I'd love to stop by to say hi to both!
    I've just looked at the map and sadly it's too far from my initial schedule

Rusty...I'll be very near your place! I definitely would like to meet you.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

John...I've just realized Cleveland isn't too far (at least in the map) from my plans! Maybe I can stop by! Can't promise anything but I'll surelly try!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll PM you my phone number, etc. when you decide!

John

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast