Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rebound

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm tentatively in, dependent on pricing, on the Green one as first choice.

Looks brilliant. . As far as the Author/Title on the Spine, I'd rather leave it off completely if it looks wonky, or even just replace it with a 'dragon' logo much like the artwork that has been done for Jeff's slipcovers; much simplified of course, due to size.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I'm tentatively in, dependent on pricing, on the Green one as first choice. Looks brilliant. . As far as the Author/Title on the Spine, I'd rather leave it off completely if it looks wonky, or even just replace it with a 'dragon' logo much like the artwork that has been done for Jeff's slipcovers; much simplified of course, due to size.
    I'd agree with that. Sometimes less is better; depending on the look of course.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had an hour long call with the bookbinder yesterday and we talked about the spine. He doesn't have any concerns about it. We will make one actual book binding first before he works on all the others so we can make sure it looks good. I can post a picture at that point so you guys can see what it looks like with the lettering.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I look forward to seeing this "Proof" copy :-)

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are awesome! I'm definitely interested in a copy (assuming price isn't prohibitive) and green is definitively my preference.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have a layaway plan, Paul? .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Actually, yes I might be able to provide something like that.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Project update: I'm hoping to have pricing ready by the end of the week.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Project update: I'm hoping to have pricing ready by the end of the week.
    Hurrah!

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, yes I might be able to provide something like that.
    Half in jest, half in seriousness; still, great to know.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    These are awesome! I'm definitely interested in a copy (assuming price isn't prohibitive) and green is definitively my preference.

Ditto on all comments^

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for being patient. I find myself spending more time each day on the project as we're moving closer to getting it done. I have the pricing worked out:

Rebind #1: $425
    Rebind #2: $575

Hopefully this is around what you guys were expecting. The genuine cayman skin costs more, so that one is higher. The green version (#1) is definitely the more popular of the two, so it's good that one is priced lower.

I also have an update for you. I met with David Palladini yesterday and he has agreed to sign all copies! His signature on the book is rare. He says that he has never signed the book in any significant quantity. As far as he can recall, he has only signed copies for friends over the years.

Lastly, I plan on providing some sort of "layaway" plan for those who could benefit from it. I know a lot of you are excited about owning one of these and I want to remove as many hurdles as possible from making that happen.

I'll have an update soon on next steps, timeframe and how to order a copy.

Thanks guys.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome about getting Palladini's signature! Congratulations!
    I would love to get a green one. If you're making a list of who wants put me on it please

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Zelig, have you already obtained the books, and if so, what is the condition of the page blocks?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Zelig, have you already obtained the books, and if so, what is the condition of the page blocks?
    I was wondering this myself... it would be cool if the pages could be sprayed or gilt.

Would also love to pay a bit extra for a small remarque (nothing elaborate). I'm in for green.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is just awesome Paul... BOOM!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I was wondering this myself... it would be cool if the pages could be sprayed or gilt.

Would also love to pay a bit extra for a small remarque (nothing elaborate). I'm in for green.
    This is also a brilliant idea I would do it too! The sig itself will be nice to have though.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey RF...I bought a bunch of them around the time I first had the idea for the project. A couple of days ago I was going through them more closely and some aren't up to par so I removed those copies. I bought a few more and just waiting for them to come in. I've done my best to find copies that have a really clean page block.

I've thrown around the idea of coloring the page edges. We experimented with this early on and it didn't look good so the bookbinder is going to try a different method. I'll keep you posted if anything transpires on this front.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had a few people ask me this. No surprise right! This would be cool, but here's the deal on having David do a drawing in the book. I had asked him this when we first discussed it, but unfortunately due to advancing age his right hand has a tremor and he simply cannot draw anymore. He is such a great guy and he even tried to draw something a few times to see if he could manage it, but he couldn't. He can do a signature, and considering his physical challenge, I think it was really nice of him to offer that. Having his signature will make it even more unique.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had a few people ask me this. No surprise right! This would be cool, but here's the deal on having David do a drawing in the book. I had asked him this when we first discussed it, but unfortunately due to advancing age his right hand has a tremor and he simply cannot draw anymore. He is such a great guy and he even tried to draw something a few times to see if he could manage it, but he couldn't. He can do a signature, and considering his physical challenge, I think it was really nice of him to offer that. Having his signature will make it even more unique.
    Poor guy... thank him on behalf of us for doing this. This is a wonderful project and your right... having him sign it is pretty darn cool!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Paul for all the updates. I think the pricing is extremely reasonable considering the limited status. Even more so with the sig. I foresee a lot of P&J post once this baby is in our hands .

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really nice he is going to sign then!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice work, Paul. It's sounds like this is well on its way to being a very special treasure for those who are interested. I have no doubt that lotguy is already making arrangements to have his signed I'm looking forward to adding a green one to my collection. Thank you for all your hard work and preparation.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Paul for all the updates. I think the pricing is extremely reasonable considering the limited status. Even more so with the sig. I foresee a lot of P&J post once this baby is in our hands .
    Lol, definitely! Maybe I will have learned how to post a picture by then
    Assuming Paul sells me one that is...and you know what they say about assumptions!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad story but with a happy ending. Like Kris said, please thank him for us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast