Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Detta, Odetta and Mia

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: Detta, Odetta and Mia

I may be the only one, but I never could separate these entities.

Even though they had face to face conversations, to me they were all just Susanna.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I see Detta and Odetta as merged and became Susannah, which as stated in The Wastelands, she is. Mia is a demon. She isn't part of Susannah but I believe Susannah should have been aware of her and dealt with her a lot sooner. ahhh, but that wasn't the way it happened.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, from Detta and Odetta we got Susannah but Mia is absolutely another person.
    Have you read Song of Susannah? There we can meet Mia's past and history and we got the answers.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

I did, and I get it, but to me they all felt the same; possessed, shared, bad past. They both were mother until
    Spoiler:
    he turned into a spider.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    I did, and I get it, but to me they all felt the same; possessed, shared, bad past. They both were mother until
    Spoiler:
    he turned into a spider.
    When was Mia shared? She just stole a human body to be able to bear her mosnter.
    And the way I see it Susannah wasn't a mother.
    When
    Spoiler:
    Mordred was born she didn't think of it as her child not even for a second and later he was just the spider boy to her and nomore.

I think I will add a spoiler warning to the thread title because we will have lots I guess.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Odetta and Detta were two personalities created within the same mind. The two merged to form Susannah. Mia was a hijacker. She was a unique entity who stole Susannah's body to gestate the Chap.

Country
    Country Flag

Mia was a bastard but I liked her somehow.

i had some pity for mia bc she was partially tricked into the totality of what she did, but she knew damn well what she was doing when she tried to have roland and eddie ambushed, and that i can't forgive. she was a great character on king's part though. i like how he used her to tell stories about discordia and the prim. all that stuff was very cool.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    was it because she ate frogs?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

lol Odetta.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Do you mean she was a bastard because she ate frogs or I liked he because she ate frogs?
    And I have eaten frogs in my life and they taste like chicken so I have no problem with them at all.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Do you mean she was a bastard because she ate frogs or I liked he because she ate frogs?
    And I have eaten frogs in my life and they taste like chicken so I have no problem with them at all.
    hmmm.... either, I guess

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

(Susannah, Odetta, Detta) is one of my favorite characters because of all the complexities she has and her history and how tough as nails she is and yet loving. I also love Mia because of what she is and how she came to Susannah..all just really in depth and facinating.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Why do you love Mia? I am absolutely interested in it. You would make me happy with some details.

I find Mia fascinating! A very tragic figure!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I also love Mia because of what she is and how she came to Susannah..all just really in depth and facinating.
    ^ The fact that she was an succubus wandering Fedic and Castle Discordia and all the time wanting a child and being found by Walter and then fucked by Los. And yes, she was very tragic. A really awesome character.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I also love Mia because of what she is and how she came to Susannah..all just really in depth and facinating.
    ^ The fact that she was an succubus wandering Fedic and Castle Discordia and all the time wanting a child and being found by Walter and then fucked by Los. And yes, she was very tragic. A really awesome character.
    I must agree, yes.

Country
    Country Flag

To me, maybe it was that there was so much going on she became an under-developed thing.
    To me.

To you?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think he meant maybe just to him.

No way. Where do you get that idea?