Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Did anyone else think this was going to happen...

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

Default Did anyone else think this was going to happen...

As I was reading Wolves, I was simply positive that Jake was going to get captured by the Wolves. I kept thinking it was set up very nicely for that. I figured the book would end with Jake being captured and the next book would start with Jake's rescue. Did anyone else's mind go there while reading this the first time?

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

No, I knew it was time for a glorious battle.
    The surprise was they let the fellow with the glasses get a pass.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    As I was reading Wolves, I was simply positive that Jake was going to get captured by the Wolves. I kept thinking it was set up very nicely for that. I figured the book would end with Jake being captured and the next book would start with Jake's rescue. Did anyone else's mind go there while reading this the first time?
    No. Although I got to wondering that when
    Spoiler:
    Jake was in the Dogan
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with CK, that was the only point that I thought it might happen. I honestly didn't know where the book was headed, I was just reading so fast because I had a new DT book and couldn't wait to finish it and start over again!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i didn't see it happening bc he'd already done the "jake in need of rescue" thing with gasher/tick-tock. i did suspect
    Spoiler:
    he may have had to shoot his way out of the dogan, which would affect roland's plans

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

To add to What CK said, no i didn't think Jake was going to be captured but
    Spoiler:
    I did think his life was at an end in the Dogan

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Yep, I thought exactly the same thing. The focus on kids and the further characterisation of Jake regarding his psychic abilities, I thought the whole jake / breaker / capture thing was definitely a good possibility, like a direct link with Black House, almost.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com