Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1921

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point about potential spoilers in this thread. I don't think it has been brought up before but maybe the thread title should be modified to include *warning potential spoilers*.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gboaventura View Post
    Please, excuse my ignorance. I just started reading the series. What do these symbols mean?
    It would be best if you read a few of the books before the symbols are explained. If you really must know, then I'm sure people will tell you using a spoiler tag.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Good point about potential spoilers in this thread. I don't think it has been brought up before but maybe the thread title should be modified to include *warning potential spoilers*.

Quote Originally Posted by gboaventura View Post
    Please, excuse my ignorance. I just started reading the series. What do these symbols mean?
    It would be best if you read a few of the books before the symbols are explained. If you really must know, then I'm sure people will tell you using a spoiler tag.
    The books have been out for quite some time. If a person is investigating DT tattoos then they should know, or be told (if they ask) what the symbols mean.

Traveler KellyCoulon is on a distinguished road

Jwalker that's amazing!!! I just joined. Am planning my first tattoo, a thirtieth birthday bucket list sort of deal. I was thinking about a Dark Tower/Sons of Anarchy tribute. My idea was the logo with the revolver, roses, and keyhole, but with the barrel ending in a scythe, a la Sons' reaper logo. My brother in law is designing it for me. Not sure where yet, somewhere relatively discreet but still where I can show people. Any suggestions/comments? This is awesome, thanks!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a fun idea. If you want the tattoo in a discrete location but still be able to show it off I would probably go with the upper arm. The issue there is that the bottom of the tattoo would probably be exposed more ofter than not. Either way good luck crossing something off of the bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCoulon View Post
    Jwalker that's amazing!!! I just joined. Am planning my first tattoo, a thirtieth birthday bucket list sort of deal. I was thinking about a Dark Tower/Sons of Anarchy tribute. My idea was the logo with the revolver, roses, and keyhole, but with the barrel ending in a scythe, a la Sons' reaper logo. My brother in law is designing it for me. Not sure where yet, somewhere relatively discreet but still where I can show people. Any suggestions/comments? This is awesome, thanks!

Traveler DrHans will become famous soon enough DrHans will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, need some help here.

I'm kinda new on this tattoos thing and I'm really getting into it.
    So, a few months back I posted the crimson king sigul I inked on my back.
    Did 2 non SK related (music related) on my calves since then.

Now the time has come to get the gunslinger born cover on my right arm.
    BUT I want to, in the future, expand to the elbow and forearm with other tattoos also DT related (I'm thinking Shardik, Maturin, maybe the guardians of the beams, maybe the Maerlyn's Rainbow). Any ideas on how to close up the bottom part of the gunslinger cover so I can make a "transition" to the next part of the future tattoos (elbow/forearm)?
    I have been thinking of adding the quote "First comes smiles, then lies, last is gunfire" or even "We deal in lead" in the bottom, inside of three strips (not sure if this is the right word, since I'm not that fluent in english) as a form of "closing" it. Anyway, like this (the phrases inside like the names are):

An artist said that there's too much text (in the "First come smiles..." quote) for the size of the gunslinger, but I said the phrases in portuguese, wich really has more words and they're bigger, but I'll get them in the original, wich is smaller, so i GUESS I'm ok.

Not sure I'm making myself clear here, and also don't know if this is the area where I should post this, but any help is welcome.

Thanks guys.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure what would be best however the artist should be able to give the best suggestions for the style, type, and placement of the transitional piece. With tattoos everything needs to be based so much on personal taste and style...this is something you need to love. My personal opinion is I do not like hard transitions like you mentioned. I like pieces to interact and "flow" into each other creating a look that everything belongs together even if they are different.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope someone posts a reply to you. Take care.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Long time no posts in this thread. Anyone have any new ink they would like to share?

Traveler DrHans will become famous soon enough DrHans will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Long time no posts in this thread. Anyone have any new ink they would like to share?
    I do!
    The one I asked for opinions a few months before:

Damn, I liked it so much that I immediatly wanted to get some more DK inspired tattoos...
    If anyone wants to know, this is the artist's instagram: @neiastattooyou

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's awesome!
    I especially like the quote you chose to go with.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The artist did a tremendous job on that. The font used for the quote is pretty awesome as well. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks so fucking dope!
    Good job man.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I have no idea who the owner is but I felt I had to share it with you guys, look:

That's the exact one I was going to put up too! Absolutely amazing looking....I would never get it on account of the size but it's still amazing

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That does have gorgeous coloring.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only issue I guess is that the "Dark" tower is looking a little bright

Oh shit, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. It is kinda bright.

Traveler Seasick Pirate will become famous soon enough Seasick Pirate's Avatar

Hey, all! I finished my first reading of this series a little more than a month ago. But I'm still thinking about it and re-reading sections here and there.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a DT tattoo soon and looked to see if anyone else had done so yet. Glad to see I'm not he only one wanting to permantly marking my body after readin this series! Some amazing and impresive art on this site.

I've been having trouble getting my idea to work on paper, and was wondering if someone here might be able to help me out. I don't know if this is the proper place to ask (or if it's considered impolite even) for someone to work with me via PM/email to get something I can bring to an artist. I've recently moved and haven't been to any studios here yet, so I want to have a fully-fledged idea to show.

Apologies for making a request like this for my first post. I've been working on this for a couple weeks and figure there'd be no better place to ask for help than here. It's not complicated at all. It's just a modified, and colored Ka symbol– I'm just sucking at it. If I'm better off asking in a different section, please let me know.

Thanks for any help! I'll be sure to post back here to show it off when it's done.
    Long days, and pleasant nights!

Traveler DarthMalice777 will become famous soon enough DarthMalice777's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are my first 2 DT tattoos, pic quality is meh, but I love the tats, and can't wait to get some more. First one is the Crimson Eye, and the second is the Ka symbol. I wanted to keep them both simple and clean, nothing fancy. Next I'm planning on getting the Eld "rose", and then something to do with Nineteen...possible Roman numerals or just the numeric "19". I also want to get the "Found" symbol that appears above the door (from Unfound), just not sure where I'd put it yet.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seasick Pirate View Post
    Hey, all! I finished my first reading of this series a little more than a month ago. But I'm still thinking about it and re-reading sections here and there.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a DT tattoo soon and looked to see if anyone else had done so yet. Glad to see I'm not he only one wanting to permantly marking my body after readin this series! Some amazing and impresive art on this site.

I've been having trouble getting my idea to work on paper, and was wondering if someone here might be able to help me out. I don't know if this is the proper place to ask (or if it's considered impolite even) for someone to work with me via PM/email to get something I can bring to an artist. I've recently moved and haven't been to any studios here yet, so I want to have a fully-fledged idea to show.

Apologies for making a request like this for my first post. I've been working on this for a couple weeks and figure there'd be no better place to ask for help than here. It's not complicated at all. It's just a modified, and colored Ka symbol– I'm just sucking at it. If I'm better off asking in a different section, please let me know.

Thanks for any help! I'll be sure to post back here to show it off when it's done.
    Hopefully someone here can assist. Post a mock-up and we'll see what can be advised.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic work, Darth! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMalice777 View Post
    Here are my first 2 DT tattoos, pic quality is meh, but I love the tats, and can't wait to get some more. First one is the Crimson Eye, and the second is the Ka symbol. I wanted to keep them both simple and clean, nothing fancy. Next I'm planning on getting the Eld "rose", and then something to do with Nineteen...possible Roman numerals or just the numeric "19". I also want to get the "Found" symbol that appears above the door (from Unfound), just not sure where I'd put it yet.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with RF on this one. Post your concept and maybe someone here can assist moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasick Pirate View Post

Hopefully someone here can assist. Post a mock-up and we'll see what can be advised.

Thanks for the interest. I didn't just want to show up with my concept and asking for help as a newcomer. Don't laugh or be turned away because of the terrible job I've been able to do on my own. I know it's bad! That's why I'm asking for support coming up with something refined and presentable.

The details

Hope any of this makes sense. I really do appreciate any help with this and will answer any questions!
    Last edited by Seasick Pirate; 07-21-2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: think I screwed up the image links earlier

SHAMELESS BUMP:

I stumbled upon this set (it seems to be Harry Potter related) and it's very close to what I originally envisioned for me, even the positioning. I just wanted Ka on my right arm and Crimson King's eye on my left– with matching styles.

I love the style here with the splattered watercoloring behind these symbols. I'm sure I can take my collection of inspiration images to an artist and let them connect the dots. But I'm going to let this sit here for a bit more, giving other Dark Tower fans the opportunity to contribute and give feedback.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Uhhhh...look cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Really really cool!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Man I think that will look great. You should find a nice studio in your area and a good artist will draw that up for you with a small deposit. They will probably charge you around a half hour of their hourly rate to do this. If you like the work and schedule with them the drawing cost will be deducted from your tattoo.

I would help but I can't draw and I don't have editing software. Still think there are some folks on here who probably could help you out but I hadn't seen the people I'm thinking of around much lately.

Traveler Kolia will become famous soon enough Kolia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello,

I have to say that all of your tatoos look wonderful, especially (for me) the "Ka" and the "red eye" ones. Great job ! Will I be brave enough to get one some day in the future ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast