+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Brice!
    This is for you:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's okay! Cause all 5 of them above were for and directed at you and your bad taste. Here have another.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I know when I'm not wanted.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

*siiiiigh* FINALLY!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, you're wanted Monte! It's just your Insomnia hating that must be corrected.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

No, no, no...come now...lets not be nice.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Yeah, we love you Monte...with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Back on topic...Monte are thinking about getting a Dark Tower tattoo?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    No, no, no...come now...lets not be nice.
    I'm sorry!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, we love you Monte...with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Back on topic...Monte are thinking about getting a Dark Tower tattoo?
    No, I heard he's saving his money for a specially designed full body Insomnia tat.

If you rescue me

the best tat of them all!

Traveler dmft is on a distinguished road

@ erin, thank for the compliment, a dark tower 1/2 sleeve would be awesome. i would love a little more room to breath, but i understand that not everyone can be heavily tattooed or have visible tattoos. i also have ALOT of clientel from kentucky since its such a short drive, and i usually subtract traveling expenses from the final price with my out of state clients.
    if you're really serious, then it is best to contact me early as i am usually booked about 3-4 months in advance.
    i am also a person who likes to be well informed, so chances are im going to go out and pick up insomnia this afternoon since my all day appointment canceled an hour before he was due today.

@ jayson, thank you for the kind words as well, i can see how one could become distracted trying to read between the lines of insomnia then immediately finish the The Dark Tower. and that is what im trying to avoid. but im also an obstinate bastard, so im likely to do the opposite of whatever is recommended. i just wish i knew for sure if the contents of insomnia are important to rolands quest for the Tower. if so, i will read, if not, i will probably never pick it up, save maybe as an audio book later down the line.

@ monte, is it a farce because its too upsetting for you to believe, or because it really makes no sense to the storyline.

so is the crimson king from insomnia a different incarnation from the one in the Dark Tower series, does the Tower have any relevance in insomnia other than the little boy painting a picture of roland and the crimson king trapped in the room at the top. and is the little boy supposed to be some other kind of metaphor for stephen king himself.

im sorry i have so many questions, i just dont want this story to wind up roont.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing will wind up roont. Nothing in Insomnia is neccessary to the DT really. There are some references and connections between the two, but both can be thoroughly enjoyed without the other.

I will suggest that at some point (before or after) you read Insomnia though.

If you rescue me

Traveler dmft is on a distinguished road

so i picked up insomnia this afternoon and have put the Dark Tower down temporarily. if for no other reason than to merely extend the journey. its been many years since i first read "The man in black fled into the desert, and the gunslinger followed.", and im not all that anxious to reach the clearing at the end of this path.
    i am excited to read some of the other threads on this site, and get different opinions of the series, but im terrified of spoilers, so they will have to wait.

roughly back on topic though, aside from the DT tattoos i want to do, ive also decided to do a series of DT paintings and possibly show them in NYC if i could find an understanding gallery. if anyone is interested in obtaining either i can be reached through my links in my previous post.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dmft View Post
    so i picked up insomnia this afternoon and have put the Dark Tower down temporarily. if for no other reason than to merely extend the journey. its been many years since i first read "The man in black fled into the desert, and the gunslinger followed.", and im not all that anxious to reach the clearing at the end of this path.
    i am excited to read some of the other threads on this site, and get different opinions of the series, but im terrified of spoilers, so they will have to wait.

roughly back on topic though, aside from the DT tattoos i want to do, ive also decided to do a series of DT paintings and possibly show them in NYC if i could find an understanding gallery. if anyone is interested in obtaining either i can be reached through my links in my previous post.
    Regarding spoilers, I think you'll find them well marked all over the site. Noone here wants to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't finished the stories yet.

If you rescue me

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

HOW CAN YOU NOT READ THE REST OF DTVII????

You are a stronger person than I am, my friend.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    HOW CAN YOU NOT READ THE REST OF DTVII????

You are a stronger person than I am, my friend.
    "stronger"? Or more insane?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, more insane. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks, CK!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to go back on topic some tattoos I found with google:

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

I would like to get my entire back done. I say that like it's a large area, but I'm tiny so it's not that big.
    But yeah. I know a few things I want in it, but I'd like to find a good artist who has read the series so that they understand the books and the way things should flow. I haven't found anyone within 2 hours of here, so my next stop is Atlanta, GA when I have enough money.
    In between now and then, I may get the Eld symbol, but done with scarification.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti, that third pic of the Tower on the back of a leg. I am pretty sure I know the owner of that leg! ;-)

She's a SKEMER that lives in New Jersey!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, you are lucky, CRinVA. Let her know that her leg and her tattoo amaze me.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Irish~Rose is on a distinguished road Irish~Rose's Avatar

I love the second one in that post, makes me want to get one sooo bad! When I get the cash.... some day soon
    My quest continues...

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by dmft View Post
    so i picked up insomnia this afternoon and have put the Dark Tower down temporarily. if for no other reason than to merely extend the journey.
    THIS I can totally understand.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Just to go back on topic some tattoos I found with google:

I'd like the keyhole, like in the first one, but the interior part of that one sucked.

so they top with but with the gun and rose from the second.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

i've been toying with the idea of the ka symbol and a rose on the pointer and middle finger on my right hand (palm side)...
    in rememberance, ya know.
    but we'll see if i can get the guts to do it.
    it would be my first tat, but i know i would REALLY love it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast