Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Traveler darktowerseeker is on a distinguished road

my ka tattoo. i love it, but everyone is always asking what it means. when i explain, they look at me like i'm crazy.
    Last edited by Letti; 07-27-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: - some correction with the pic attaching

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Did it hurt much?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Nice! Did it hurt much?
    not too much, only when he went over the spine. I didn't care, cause it looks really good. even the artist was surprised that the image makes such a big impact when you look at it.

Country
    Country Flag

How old do you have to be to get one?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

a tattoo? 18, here in ny

Country
    Country Flag

Crap... I live in NY.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's 18 everywhere in the US, William. Sorry.

That is an awesome Ka tattoo. You had a really good artist; he/she got all the little details right. I'm thinking of one in red, myself.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    How old do you have to be to get one?
    Just find someone willing to give you a tattoo.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

dt seeker that tat is awesome! nice to meet you and hope to see you around more.

William50 the legal age to get a tatto at an actual establishment is 18. However, somtimes you can find people to do them outside of an establishment, but i'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Or, you can get your parents to go with you and sign the paper saying it's ok. I think it's called a hold-harmless agreement, here in NM.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

or, you could come to Russia and get anything you want at any age. I hope this will end soon, but do not really expect it to happen.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i remember being really young, 6 or 7 and my dad sending my brother and I to the corner store to buy him some beer.

good times.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darktowerseeker View Post

my ka tattoo. i love it, but everyone is always asking what it means. when i explain, they look at me like i'm crazy.
    I hope you enjoy it.. I would with all my heart.
    nice tattoo

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess it doesn't help a lot but still.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a pic of someone's undetermined body part (arm? leg?) with a finished DT keyhole tattoo. Not sure who it is - found it on the web - but it looks like you can post a comment and maybe ask where she got the artwork for the tattoo artist.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...39642157WqykHU

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Do you like it? I am not satisfied with the colours. It's a nice tattoo but it's too... bright. The rose really should be red for example. Don't you think?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Do you like it? I am not satisfied with the colours. It's a nice tattoo but it's too... bright. The rose really should be red for example. Don't you think?
    I agree - that yellow is just too . . . yellow!! And I also think it might be too big, but that's me!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice Shamey is on a distinguished road Shamey's Avatar

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=39350868
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=39350865

Okay, I was having issues just posting the pic, but here's a link to the finished work :-D I had it finished last Thursday.

Traveler gfnewell is on a distinguished road

I saw that pic of the tattoo myself and felt like it was too "catoonish" or something, maybe it's the yelloww. I ended up getting a tat of the eye of the Crimson King, it turned out pretty good I think.

http://a688.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...f8cf8d5957.jpg

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Shamey!

On my tattoo front, i'm getting more work done the 3rd week of August. I'm excited!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

I've talked to my dad and he is ok with me getting a tattoo. Nobody could guess what it's gonna be either! .............My avatar on my right arm!

My Mood
    Breezy

umm, EGP? ok.

whatever floats your boat, amigo.

Country
    Country Flag

Either that or a gun. Maybe like a revolver.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Egads, that yellow is HIDEOUS! And the art sucks, IMHO. I have tattoos that look WAY better than that.

Your tat is very cool, gf! You should post a pic in the tattoos thread.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shamey, nice stuff!

William, I'm not trying to talk you out of a tattoo, but I just want you to remember, what you like now you may NOT like 10 years from now...just be really careful and think about it...if it has a meaning for you, you'll be less likely to hate it later.

Also, tattoo removal is PAINFUL and EXPENSIVE...cover ups are expensive but not so painful.

Just really give it some thought before you do it. Maybe a raven to symbolize Poe? You can combine that with DT - remember Zolton from DTI?

If you find a good artist and show him/her different pictures of 3 or 4 things you like, they can incorporate them into your tattoo - you'd be amazed what a good artist can come up with.

And, it won't be cheap. But, if you divide the cost of the tattoo by how long you expect to live, it's pennies a year.

thanks to everyone for all the compliments. my artist was wonderful. i think that black 13 will be the next addition. my plans are for an entire back piece; i plan on starting that in about 1-2 years.

Shamey: that's serious work. it looks amazing.

William: I have to agree with Daghain. It's so easy to get a tat that you may not really want to have on your body. I waited 11 years to get my first one; and still i struggled with it being the right decision. It takes a lot of thinking. So don't rush it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast