Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

If you have a fear of needles, you shouldn't let that affect your tattoo p[lans, because it is quite another sort of needle all together, and it only barely breaks the skin. It has more in common sensation-wise with taking a thumb tack and dragging it across your skin than it does with any sort of needle puncture.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    If you have a fear of needles, you shouldn't let that affect your tattoo p[lans, because it is quite another sort of needle all together, and it only barely breaks the skin. It has more in common sensation-wise with taking a thumb tack and dragging it across your skin than it does with any sort of needle puncture.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    turtlex - fear, well that's another thing. i guess it depends on if it's fear of needles or what.
    I think mostly it's a fear of a lot of pain. It's not like once it starts you can stop it. I mean, really, that would leave you with a partial tattoo!!!

I am diabetic, so the needles really don't bother me at this point. A thumb tack across the skin... gee, that sounds nice.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

It depends on where you get them. The one on my back hurt pretty bad, because of my shoulder blade. The one on my arm didn't hurt too bad.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I fell alseep when my artist was doing the ones on my upper chest. The two on the back hurt, but more than anything, I was uncomfortable because the position I had to sit on.

My one peice of advice if you are afraid of pain is don't get it on your belly! I imagine a boob-tattoo would feel similar, but it is the single most unpleasant thing I've ever experienced.

Also--I hate needles. Getting blood drawn, or getting shots just weirds me out..but tattoos have never had thateffecct on me. I don't like needles under my skin...poking over & over I guess is different.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

personally, i think any woman that would get a breast tattoo is insane. we have enough problems with those things without having somebody stab us a million times with a needle full of ink.

let the flaming party begin {*turtlesong dons her asbestos suit*}

personally, i think any woman that would get a breast tattoo is insane. we have enough problems with those things without having somebody stab us a million times with a needle full of ink.

You're in the wrong thread. We all like ink here, anywhere, if it pleases ya.

i like ink. have two myself.

that said, would you put a tattoo on your cock?

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't ink my boobs. For the reasons Turtlesong said, and also, because I quite like them just the way they are, say thankya.

Besides that, after having my belly done I don't think I could ever get a tattoo in an admittedly more-sensitve-than-other-parts part of my body again.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Well put! Very well put!

Innapropriate

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post

Innapropriate
    actually, this time i'm going to argue the point. this is what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post

You're in the wrong thread. We all like ink here, anywhere, if it pleases ya.
    you admonished me for saying that i thought that a woman having her breasts tattooed was insane. you said that i was in the wrong thread, that all the people in this thread like ink, anywhere. so i asked the question. perhaps my choice of language was crude, and for that crudeness i sincerely say sorry if i offended you or anyone else, but that doesn't mean the overarching question is inappropriate.

don't admonish me, and tell me i'm in the wrong thread, and then tell me that all the people in this thread like ink, anywhere if you're not willing to stand up and be counted.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'd get a tattoo on my cock if I found one that I actually wanted there. There's nothing that would stop me aside from that fact that it really isn't a very good canvas, and it would most likely have to be a self-done tattoo. What I mean though, is that, aside from that stuff, there's no sort of fear or pain issues that would keep me from doing it. *shrug*
    I've also seen some wonderful tattoos on breasts as well. Two of my friends have awesome tattoos that start on their shoulders and extend down onto their breasts. They actually make for great canvas, and there's not really any issues with ink that would do anything like increase chances of breast cancer or cause problems breast feeding and such. It will most certainly hurt like a motherfucker, though. Chest tattoos are supposedly quite painful for both men and women.

Oh, and to turtlex: I'm also a diabetic. I'd advise not getting any tattoos on the lower parts of your legs, unless you want to deal with a big hassle, because of all the circulation issues and such. The Ka symbol that is tattooed on my lower leg(posted a pic of it freshly done on the first page) didn't heal very well and lost a lot of ink because of it, and will take several touch up sessions to fix, most likely, once I get around to it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

turtlesong:

The only concern with breasts is GRAVITY.

No one is admonishing you for ANYTHING. Your shell is a bit thin, methinks.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I might get one that says "If you can read this, your uvula is smart"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

mental image of the MAD magazine back page that folds up to show a different picture when it's smaller than when it's bigger... would you have to do that on your cock, too?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    mental image of the MAD magazine back page that folds up to show a different picture when it's smaller than when it's bigger... would you have to do that on your cock, too?
    OMG that's exactly what i was wondering... and i can't think of anything that would do that and be cool... oh i know... what about like a bicep... and it grows as... well as it grows

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe a tattoo of a cock--small when small, big when big.

I'm not sure why someone would have a cock tattooed on their own but you never know.

<--has no ink but was considering our logo
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting story...I was reading a book awhile back about police officers telling their strangest stories. One cop was saying that they had a guy who was flashing women and children his "stuff". None of the women could describe him very well, but they all agreed that he had the letters "PE" tattooed on his penis.

After soem time, they caught the guy and the cop couldn't help but to ask why he had "PE" tattooed there. The guy told him it was supposed to say "PENIS" but it hurt to bad after the E so he made the tattoo artist stop!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Is it legal to take a rooster to a tattoo parlor? How would he prove he's over 18?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Is it legal to take a rooster to a tattoo parlor? How would he prove he's over 18?

animal cruelty, animal cruelty. and i'm the one who brought it up.
    i guess my spca membership it revoked.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Must be legal, when I had ferrets they both had tatts in their ear. I thought it was cool that every member of my family was tatted at that point!

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't get any tattoo's yet, being on 15, but my Mum's ex-boyfriend said he'd do them (he does tattoo's). Do they hurt badly? I like the idea of the logo, with the two guns pointing at the tower. Dave (mum's ex) said that the outline hurts more than the colouring, is this true? Should i bother getting a tattoo if i don't like pain?
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Matt - I thought about "our" logo as well. It's very cool.

OchrisO - Thanks for the advice. Good points all.

I was thinking maybe this summer, but the more I think about it - the more I just think that when the time is right, I'll know.

Everyone - Thanks for the info on "where it hurts" the most. I was thinking probably shoulder for the first one.

Honestly, I do carry a small print out of the TDT logo in my wallet - should I suddenly decide, and the feeling takes me.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast