Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Show Your Movie Collection

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Everyone I know that has netflix only has the streaming option. Sometimes I'll mention that I got a movie from netflix and they'll say "oh it's up on netflix, I didn't see it, or I'll have to watch it", then I have to specify, no I got the dvd from them, which I then have to further explain, no its the dvd that netflix sent me, it's not streaming on their site
    Yes! I have to do that all the time too. I hate the look of disdain I get after I tell people I still get DVDs from Netflix. They act like I just told them I still have a rotary phone.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

ACTUAL PHONES IN MY HOUSE.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My newest movie shelf. I have officially crossed the line.
    • E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Ultimate Gift Set, still sealed)
    • Wanted (Limited Edition Collector's Set, still sealed)
    • Jurassic Park, The Lost World (Deluxe Edition, still sealed)
    • Coraline (Limited Edition Gift Set, still sealed)
    • Big Lebowski (Achiever's Edition, still sealed)
    • Terminator Genisys (Limited Edition Blu-Ray Gift Set, still sealed)
    • Polar Express (Gift Set, still sealed)
    • Batman Begins (Limited Edition Giftset)
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection (25th Anniversary Collector's Edition)
    • Dirty Harry Collection (Ultimate Collector's Edition)
    • Band Of Brothers (still sealed)
    • X-Men: Days Of Future Past (Ultimate Edition)
    • Batman (Steelbook Edition)
    • Elysium (Steelbook Edition)
    • Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring (Steelbook Edition)
    • Rocky (Blu-Ray Book Edition)
    • Matrix (Blu-Ray Book Edition)
    • Batman (Blu-Ray Book Edition)
    • Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (A Photographic Chronicle Blu-Ray Book Edition)
    • Chronicles Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader (Special Edition)
    • Cinderella Man (Collector's Edition)
    • Heroes: Season 1 (Collector's Edition)
    • Coach: Season 1 (Limited Edition)
    • Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (Collector's DVD Gift Set)
    • VHS 2 (Special Edition)
    • Dark Knight Trilogy (Special Edition)
    • Edward Scissorhands (Anniversary Edition, still sealed)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And currently in the mail:

Alien Vs. Predator Gift Set
    Ray Harryhausen Collection Gift Set
    Men In Black Trilogy Gift Set

Fucking eBay, lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

New Additions, all sealed:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are cool Shannon. Mine are currently all in boxes waiting for their new home in the newly finished basement.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where do you get your sets, Shannon? In store or online?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

eBay. Just like when I collected King, I only buy what I feel is a "good deal" ... Unfortunately for my bank account, I'm really good at finding deals ... all the time. Lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I just started getting into eBay and was kind of surprised to find that there's almost no bidding anymore. Odd.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And ... I finally feel moved into the new house. My movies were freed from their captivity (boxes) and allowed to breathe again. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking great, Shannon! I love it. Where did you get the media shelves. Also, how many shelves does each case come with?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A) Can't see the three pics you posted.

B) Bought them from WalMart.com, had them delivered to my nearest WalMart for free. I think they were around thirty bucks each. They're not the best, they're definitely on the cheap side of things, but they get the job done. I've used these before with books, heavy hardcover books, and never had any issues. There's three shelves you screw into the sides (top (not really a shelf, but whatever), middle, bottom and then it comes with three more adjustable shelves. So, five shelves and then the top. The official name is Orion 5-Shelf Bookcase.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    A) Can't see the three pics you posted.

B) Bought them from WalMart.com, had them delivered to my nearest WalMart for free. I think they were around thirty bucks each. They're not the best, they're definitely on the cheap side of things, but they get the job done. I've used these before with books, heavy hardcover books, and never had any issues. There's three shelves you screw into the sides (top (not really a shelf, but whatever), middle, bottom and then it comes with three more adjustable shelves. So, five shelves and then the top. The official name is Orion 5-Shelf Bookcase.
    Hmm, can anybody else see the photos I posted above? They should be there.

I thought those might be the ones I was thinking about. I think they are made by Sauder if I'm not mistaken. I have smaller versions. They are great for the price. I'm not sure if you're interested, but you can purchase extra shelves and pegs from their website in case you're interested.

EDIT: I didn't realize the shelves were screwed in on this version. Mine are pegged. So much for that.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    And ... I finally feel moved into the new house. My movies were freed from their captivity (boxes) and allowed to breathe again. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Cool movie collection! Also good to see you have a few PS3 games amongst the Blu-Rays including a copy of the awesome Red Dead Redemption....

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Hmm, can anybody else see the photos I posted above? They should be there.
    I can't see them either.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a little bit of shelf room left and only a handful of PS3 games. When I need space they'll be the first to go.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Found these little gems last weekend. I've been on a huge laserdisc collecting kick lately.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^^Nice! How many laserdiscs do you have so far?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    ^^Nice! How many laserdiscs do you have so far?
    Thanks! I have 33 Laserdiscs at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't have a laserdisc player yet.

I mainly collect them because I love the artwork on the covers. They are like mini posters. A few of the movies I have on Laserdisc like Alien and Aliens I own on Blu-ray, so there's really no reason to watch those versions in a lesser quality. Except of course when the Laserdisc offers a different version.

I mainly want to watch a few of the films I have found on Laserdisc that I don't have on DVD. Hell, a few of them I've never even heard of. They are films that have just been forgotten. Films like Billy Bathgate, The Plague and Thunderheart. These are films I would probably never come across on DVD.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful.

I could be mistaken...But the nice thing about the Star Wars laserdiscs is they are the ONLY widescreen ORIGINAL versions. All releases after that were digitally fucked with.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I could be mistaken...But the nice thing about the Star Wars laserdiscs is they are the ONLY widescreen ORIGINAL versions. All releases after that were digitally fucked with.
    Yes, I believe this is true. I will have to double check that. I heard that a while back. Now, I just have to get my hands on a player.

YES Those are BETA tapes.

A seven cassette auto-reverse player. Great for books on tape.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I took down my vcr years ago when I got my new tv, since then it's just been sitting there. I was going to pack it up and put it in the basement, but decided to keep it out and hook it back up. Took me forever to figure out how to hook it up to a more modern tv and get it working. It feels like ancient technology now
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I used to buy laser discs. They are all hiding behind The Simpsons DVDs and on the bottom shelf. I have about 330 of them, all like new, which I never watch. There are a few more box sets on another shelf. The three Star Wars mentioned are in there somewhere. I think the combined Godfather boxed set, which put all three movies in chronological order as presented on NBC is also only available on laser disc (with the R rated sequences put back in). I could be wrong about this.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast