Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    POLL: who thinks the bomb went off and who thinks it didn't?

I can go both ways and here's why.

It went off: the spring in the temple isn't clear any more. They are showing scenes where the plane didn't crash and the island sank.

It didn't go off: Juliet was still alive for a little bit. Jack, sawyer, Kate, Hurley, Jin are still alive in 2007. If that thing went off it would of killed everybody there. I think it didn't go off because the island saved itself by sending them back to 2007 where they belong.
    OR: It did go off, but the bomb created a NEW, separate reality, instead of changing the current one.
    Yeah that's what some friends and I have been talking about.

oh also here is an interesting video to think about for this season with the two different stories going on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bTvAUVPyLI"]YouTube- New Lost Season 4 Sneak Peak!!! New Hatch!, The Orchid[/ame]

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I see some a certain similarity to the paradox created when roland saved jake in drawing of the three

there was a boy/ there wasnt a boy

there was a planecrash/ there wasnt a planecrash

except nearly as much in the minds of the audience as the characters in the show
    trippy
    I thought this.

I kept thinking of the diagram Roland drew, where instead of it being a straight line, it's two paths that go off and eventually have to meet for some closure.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Jack seems to be the only one who has a sense of deja vu or something unusual going on. Sort of like Jake with his dual memories competing.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Jack seems to be the only one who has a sense of deja vu or something unusual going on. Sort of like Jake with his dual memories competing.
    I didn't catch that the first time around, unless you're talking about the Jack that's on the plane. I did catch that sense from him.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He asked Desmond if he knew him from somewhere, so there was clearly a connection there. And there were at least a couple of other times when he did a pause or took a beat as if something was going on.

This is pretty cool -- Jack on the plane side-by-side

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-1qzelSWpE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Oceanic 815 - Side by Side[/ame]

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on board with the analogy drawn between what we have seen so far and the first half of Wastelands. I think it might be a cool way to go with it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He asked Desmond if he knew him from somewhere, so there was clearly a connection there. And there were at least a couple of other times when he did a pause or took a beat as if something was going on.

This is pretty cool -- Jack on the plane side-by-side

YouTube- Oceanic 815 - Side by Side
    I thought about this connection. He met Desmond when jogging didn't he? If he didn't recognise him immediately, then perhaps that never happens. Perhaps some of the connections aren't there anymore. It makes me think of the DT loops.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Personally, and I'm just going to throw this out there ...

... I think this whole show is going to end up being exposed as an elaborate inner fantasy life of a young autistic boy.

Oh wait.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

I just heard the GREAT, (though I'm sure, probably old by now), news that Cynthia Watros is gonna do a run this season. She's one of my favorite actresses ever, and I was pissed when Libby didn't show up on the plane, I'm happy to hear that she'll show up somehow.

I just remembered that Jack could possibly recognize Desmond because they met before the island -- the day at the running track.

There's also a possibility that Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) will return before the end again, too.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I thought of that at the time, but he also seemed to be having weird reactions to other things as well. Also, since other things are changed it may be that in the other timeline Jack never met Desmond while running.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

An average viewer's rendition of a catch up show.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcatQSyRK6c"]YouTube- Previously on Lost : What?[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ... I think this whole show is going to end up being exposed as an elaborate inner fantasy life of a young autistic boy.
    Actually, it IS. In fact, every show that has ever aired on TV exists only in the mind of little Tommy Westphall.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers.html

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, it IS. In fact, every show that has ever aired on TV exists only in the mind of little Tommy Westphall.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

and one for you.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So...

Smokey (Man In Black) says he is a "who" not a "what". But was his "man in black" body his either then? Was that another body he found dead and inhabited to speak with Jacob in the scene where the Black Rock is on it's way towards the island? Or do you think that really was his body?

Also...do you think that the people Smokey killed earlier on may have been not only out of "judgement" but also so that he could use their specific bodies to morph into? I'm wondering if that is how maybe Hurley saw Anna Lucia pull him over...and try to convice them to stay the course. Can Smokey go off of the island?

Of course I wonder about Christian and who his apperation really is. I want to believe it is Christian, but it makes more sense that someone is using his body like Lockes. I wonder what him and Claire have been up to.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just remembered that Jack could possibly recognize Desmond because they met before the island -- the day at the running track.

There's also a possibility that Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) will return before the end again, too.
    She will return eventually. It hasn't been said where, but she is going to be filming again near the end of production of the series, I read this here in an interview with the actress (Elizabeth Mitchell) that plays Juliet:

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/415013_tvgif3.html
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

What I don't get is that shouldn't an 'alternate' no-crash universe have already existed, even before the people in one reality moved back in time and blew up the bomb? Or does the island crash occur in all possible realities for some reason?

So far I've assumed that the Lost writers are going by the "many-worlds" theory of alternate realities, but maybe I'm wrong. Judging by the strong DT influence, and the way that Fringe explicitly states that theory as the basis for the main story, it makes sense that the people behind Lost would also have that interpretation in mind.

"Many-worlds...views reality as a many-branched tree where every possible quantum outcome is realised."

So one possible outcome would have to involve the plane not crashing, right? Then the bomb couldn't have changed anything, because there would already be a universe (or several) where the plane didn't crash.

I think a really interesting idea would be that the island is a nexus like the Tower in DT, and so reality doesn't work the same way in such a place. There could only be one version of the island no matter what, that always makes the plane crash, and so destroying the island (and creating that universe) did something reeeally crazy.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I really hope they bring Titus Welliver back as the MiB, and stop this whole weird fake Locke thing. It's annoying. Plus Titus Welliver is super gorgeous.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Sayid is the new Jacob.

That is why it was so important to get him there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Amused

uh oh. I hadn't thought of that before as an option.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I really hope they bring Titus Welliver back as the MiB, and stop this whole weird fake Locke thing. It's annoying. Plus Titus Welliver is super gorgeous.
    but Bad-Locke is so well BAD and O'Quinn is such an awesome actor that comparing bad locke to real locke (the live one in the alternate reality not the dead one on the beach) it feels like a TOTALLY different character
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    What I don't get is that shouldn't an 'alternate' no-crash universe have already existed, even before the people in one reality moved back in time and blew up the bomb? Or does the island crash occur in all possible realities for some reason?
    There absolutely probably existed an "alternate" no-crash universe. But what makes the one portrayed in the episode important is that it happened directly because of events of another universe. I was hoping they would do this in the Star Trek movie. Maybe in the sequel.
    Submitted a new lolcat I did on photoshop, check it out and caption it yourself.

Make a caption

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Lost finally airs in the UK

yeah i got to watch the premier and read this thread

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I see some a certain similarity to the paradox created when roland saved jake in drawing of the three

there was a boy/ there wasnt a boy

there was a planecrash/ there wasnt a planecrash

except nearly as much in the minds of the audience as the characters in the show
    trippy
    i was thinking this same thing while watching - and i was thinkin that they will end up going down the paradox crashing together, non crash jack is definatley not comfortable and senses things. i think they will go down the same route as the wastelands(ish) and the 2 jacks will need to do something to merge the realities

and the whole
    Spoiler:
    charlie thing - i should be dead? do you think he knows that reality is out of kilter?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think Sayid is the new Jacob.

That is why it was so important to get him there.
    ooo i never thought of that but it does now make sense. MIB needed locke to be dead? and sayid did die...... my brain hurts - and i love it

now - the whole christian thing. i dont think he is connected to either jacob or mib. he has been seen seperatley and he seems to have a different agenda. he seems to be a side player and i think (or should i say hoping with all my little heart) that him and clare are going to play a larger role in this further down the series

final thoughts - for now anyway

DT end spoiler
    Spoiler:
    i believe that due to all the DT references that they will end on a loop

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    ROFL

OK so I was looking on Lostpedia trying to find out what books were featured in the show, You know the ones that we see people reading. I've heard on podcasts and from interviews that reading the books can help a little bit with figuring out what's going on in the show. Well I'm looking at the literary section on Lostpedia which not only mentions books that the characters read or that you see in scenes but they also mention (I can't think of the right word or words) books that are referred to by similar things. Like how the Lamp Post station refers also to the Lamp Post in Chronicles of Narnia. Well if you scroll down they talk about how books 1,3 and 6 of The Dark Tower or used in the series. http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Literary_works
    i just read this and got a little bit excited by the Stand and the Langoliers reference at the bottom too much excitment

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast