Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We won't get the finale until Sunday in the UK, but I can't help peeking I zip through really quickly so I haven't entirely spoiled it, to be honest though, you could recount it in great detail and I'd still be stoked about watching it

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why the Hell did Charlie close the door from the inside instead of just running outside and closing the door?
    Very good question, I was thinking the exact same thing as he was doing it.

I think we need to take a poll to see who all cheered/shouted when Hurley saved the day. *raises hand proudly*
    *Raises hand as well.* My favorite part.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think we need to take a poll to see who all cheered/shouted when Hurley saved the day. *raises hand proudly*
    *Raises hand as well.* My favorite part.
    *raises hand* I totally cheered out loud! It was so cool.
    I also totally was cheering/hoping when Sawyer killed Tom. I wanted him to say something about the raft so bad. Man, Sawyer is awesome!

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I also totally was cheering/hoping when Sawyer killed Tom. I wanted him to say something about the raft so bad. Man, Sawyer is awesome!
    Yes, another moment that made me cheer.

Country
    Country Flag

Man, we should take a quick poll. (at the risk of getting sidetracked from a great finale) Who's your favorite LOST character?
    Mine's Sawyer!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

If I knew the names of everyone, I would do it. I've only started watching this season so I'm still a wee bit confused.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    If I knew the names of everyone, I would do it. I've only started watching this season so I'm still a wee bit confused.
    Wow, I imagine that is confusing. My wife has only watched some episodes here and there from the first two seasons and she is pretty confused sometimes. Personally, I can't hop into a new show without playing catch-up.
    You should rent Seasons 1 & 2 bethany, they're worth it!

Trust me, Sawyer is the best!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

There were four people in my apartment watching Lost, and we all cheered and clapped when Hurley showed up in the van. We also did the same thing when Sayid broke the guys neck with his feet, and when Jack beat the shit out of Ben. We get pretty excited about Lost.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Right before he did it I thought about him saying "this ain't over Zeek" when they had to give the others their guns.

My kids were like..."Zeek?"

They have long term memory problems.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Default Lost fav character

Locke

a leap of faith as his character has been a bit off kilter, after the season 2 finale..
    I love the actor
    was a big X files fan

KIT

cheered for Sayid and the powerful leg crackers
    the hurley Van-o-cide
    Sawyer's payback for Walt's kidnapping.

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kithereal View Post
    Locke

a leap of faith as his character has been a bit off kilter, after the season 2 finale..
    I love the actor
    was a big X files fan

KIT

cheered for Sayid and the powerful leg crackers
    the hurley Van-o-cide
    Sawyer's payback for Walt's kidnapping.
    It's not a van, it's a BUS!

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Raises hand... heck yeah!

Charlie could have gotten out, but Desmond made it clear that if his flashes don't happen exactly as he saw them, all the way through, the end result will be different. He sacrificed himself to make sure Claire got off the island.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Good point, Fish.

My favorites: Sawyer, Hurley, and Sayid.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As usual, my twinner Hannah has the same favorites as I do.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I like Charlie and Hurley. I told someone last night that Sawyer looks like weasels have been gnawing on his hair. Claire is too whiny and I keep thinking "Whoa, why was the Party of 5 dude on that plane?".
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know! I can't help but picture Jack as The oldest Party of Five brother Charlie in my head every time I see him. I wish he still had his Po5 long hair. That was sexy. :waggle:
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    My favorites: Sawyer, Hurley, and Sayid.
    Mine too, but Sawyer is my absolute fav. He cracks me up.
    Locke is a very distant fourth favorite.

Country
    Country Flag

"I am a dentist, not Rambo."

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My half-baked theory on what the hell happened in Jack's flashback/flashforward story. I think that they go back, but it isn't to the same world that they left. A similar reality, but with little differences, many--I think--which relate directly back to the stories of these characters that we have come to know over the past three seasons. That would explain why Jack was speaking of his father as alive, because maybe he was. And Jack is the kind of huy that would have a hard time dealing with something like that. I am thinking that for Jack this new reality isn't good. There is something missing there that only the island can provide. The truth, perhaps. He says that he is tired of lying. Maybe for Kate--who didn't seem to be having as much trouble with it--things were good. Maybe in this reality her mother left the shitty stepdad and she never had to murder him. She certainly didn't seem to be a fugitive anymore.

I dunno. I just got to watch it last night, and I am still blown away. I cannot wait until January. ABC is fucking cruel.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to see Kelvin's backstory.

You know....the guy who was in the hatch before Desmond.

The guy Desmond killed the day flight 815 crashed.

He is the same guy that made Sayid torture his own people in Iraq

The actor's name is Clancy Brown (Highlander, Shawshank).

(edit)

OK...I just looked at IMDB.
    It says in the episode titled ONE OF THEM his character's name was Joe Inman.
    In the episode titled Live Together, Die Alone, his character's name was Kelvin Inman.

The plot synopsis on Live Together Die Alone states

"We learn how Desmond came to be shipwrecked on the island three years earlier and live inside the Hatch, and of a connection he has to another of the survivors: the man who found him and taught him for three years how to operate the computer systems is Kelvin Inman who was Sayid's handler during the Gulf War."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default My favorite characters

My favorite character is Sayid. I thought Sawyer would have to shoot the guy on the ground but seeing Sayid break the guys neck with his legs and then give a little, "don't worry I got this" nod to Sawyer was sweet.

I also like Desmond...brotha.

Oh yeah, I like Kate too...but for totally different reasons.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...all I can say is - holy frelling crap!!! That was mental, when it ended like that I was actually shouting "You can't end there!!" at the tv

My theories: I think that Jack's flashforward (and for some random trivia, the funeral parlor Jack visits "Hoffs Drawlar", is an anagram of flash forward.) is what could happen if he lets himself get rescued by Naomi's people...whoever they are - Locke said to him "Jack, you're not supposed to do this!" So maybe theres a little truth in what Ben's saying? Whatever it is, I don't think this is their true ticket home.

I think Jack's future forward was not in an alternate reality, I think he was just getting confused about his father, possibly because after he hallucinated him on the island he never found his body, and also he was taking oxycodone - sometimes called hillbilly heroin, a highly addictive drug.

Charlie must've truly believed that Des's flashback had to happen in the way Des told it...it was pretty frustrating to watch though - I read this article on TVGuide.com:

TVGuide.com: Charlie started out as a self-involved, washed-up rock-star junkie. But by the end, he'd evolved into someone who was willing to sacrifice himself to save everyone else. How involved were you in that transformation?
    Monaghan: I was pretty passionate about that. I was pretty gung-ho about, "If I'm gonna go, if that's how it's gonna be, then I have to go out like a hero. I have to go out all guns blazing." Charlie had been in so much pain all his life — he'd been a drug addict, a failed rock star, abused by his brother, he's not really had great success with women, he's let people down on the island. I think he was trying to work out who he was supposed to be and what his purpose was. And it turned out that this was his purpose, and I think that gave him a great feeling of serenity. To know that his legacy is that he saved [all these] people's lives is something that allowed him to die with dignity.
    which explains why they wrote Charlie out that way.

I thought initially the coffin was Sawyer's, maybe Locke's - but after reading this on Lostpedia, maybe it was Jacob's?:
    The newspaper clipping Jack holds appears to contain information about a man from New York, who died after 4 a.m. in "The Tower" on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. The man's first name appears to begin with a J, with his surname possibly ending in "antham."
    Like the "Tower" reference though, a nod to SK d'ya think

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that.

and also he was taking oxycodone - sometimes called hillbilly heroin, a highly addictive drug.
    And that is a no shitter. I was given some when I hurt my back (Vicodin makes me nauseous) and I felt the monkey take a bit first time I used it.

When you have been addicted before (cigs), you know how it feels when something is putting its claws in you. Luckily, I don't enjoy a prescription high so it was easy to put down, for me.

As for LOST itself, I believe the flash forward could be akin to the flash backs in the way that it doesn't have to go that way. I believe they will be back on the Island in the beginning of next season to see how this pans out.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My sister has a pretty good theory about who might be in the coffin. She thinks that it's not really important who is in the coffin, but the fact that it's another survivor.

Meaning, after being rescued from the island they are all dying off one by one. So it's not a specific person who's death disturbs Jack so much that he thinks about killing himself. It's more of the realization that another survivor has passed away and soon he will join them.

Ben said if they left the island they would all die and that is exactly what is happening. This is why Jack needs to get back to the island. It's the only way they can live.

Just a theory, but it makes sense. I mean, I can't think of anybody that Jack wouldn't consider a friend, yet who's death drives him to jump off a bridge.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds interesting. And you are right, it may not matter who was in the coffin, only that they were dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast