Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 158 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This may be un-popular here but I think its worth mentioning.

IMHO, and I think a lot of folks would agree, what everyone on the internet is referring to as "The Ending" is in fact the 'Epilogue" to LOST and as such was Great gripping and emotionally satisfying TV. Especially juxtaposed with Jack's death scene. The "Ending" of LOST was Jack in the cave and everything that lead up to it, excluding the FS plot-line (which was in reality a part of the epilogue)

As such, they left A LOT of story-lines and plot points hanging in the breeze. Now I agree with the majority here that leaving SOME of that to our imaginations is good, but the volume of unanswered questions and contradictory or ambiguous story-lines does not speak well of the show we were told we were going to get. They promised ANSWERS, whether we would like them or not is not the issue. They should have stuck their chins out and made a stand, stood by their version of the story. Instead they pulled the Epilogue out of their top hat and said viola'. They thought they were pretty clever.

An example that sticks in my craw is the Eloise/Time-cop thing. The obvious explanation for her knowledge would have been Faraday's journal. It was right there in her hands in s5! Instead, they wrote Jack taking it and placing it in his pack, which ultimately gets left under a bleeding Sayid by the DI van. What the Hell???? It would have been SO easy to resolve that little plot-line and they just left it hanging instead! Its these kind of lapses that have folks a little miffed.

Of course, that's just one man's opinion and probably not a popular one. However, I figured it might be good food for thought by others. While I don't necessarily agree with the tone of "Future-Tom's" letter, I do agree with a lot of his points regarding the show. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

not to mention they created an entire nother storyline about the adventures of hurley and ben that hasnt been shown except the ending and the begining
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    not to mention they created an entire nother storyline about the adventures of hurley and ben that hasnt been shown except the ending and the begining
    They can't be called on that. Hurley/Ben island rule was very much part of this story, and I feel confident in saying that nobody I've seen posting here NEEDED to see that part aside from the beginning and end. We wanted to, sure, but I think we know Hurley and Ben enough to see where it was going.

While a lot of bits and pieces might've been easily tied up with a scene or two here and there, there might not have been an easy way to work those scenes into the story. Most of us agree the FS could've been shortened and more added to the island, but they worked the story they wanted as best as they could within the limited time frame.

It'd be nice to get final answers, but I know from bitter experience that they aren't always satisfying.

Posted for Mr. Futuretom:

Woofer 5.30.10 / 5pm
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Tip: Avoid Stephen King’s Dark Tower series.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I agree with Woofer, I thought that was one of the true "ending" story line formats that worked well. Your imagination with regard to Hurley and Ben running the island is great stuff. I would have enjoyed resolution to a lot of the loose ends that more simulated this instance.

IMO whether or not we like the answers it sort of the authors responsibility to provide his opinion and stand by it. Not dis-similar to SK in the DT series. Did we all like the end that some of the characters met? No and we speculate regularly here all the time in that regard. But resolutions we did get to the majority of the DT plot points.

I think Darlton got very invested in their Epilogue/Ending and ended up doing a Wizard of Oz. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" (the unresolved plot lines/devices) "Look over here instead"!!

That's my "Three Beans" LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone watch last night's replay of The End with the pop-ups added? I realized it was on with only 30 minutes left. I wonder if they slipped any additional answers in.

Also, I just though of an idea for a potential thread and wanted to see if y'all like the idea. Everyone could nominate their list of most important unanswered questions. After a certain time we pool the results and make a consensus list of these questions. Then we work down the list with a separate thread for each of the top five or ten and each person gives what they think the answer would be given the actual facts we have. Then maybe we could vote on the "best answer." Maybe that is a little complicated but it would be fun (sort of like the best movie of all time polls). Would anyone be interested in doing this?

This maybe why I am OK with the end of Lost. I like the open ends because it still has me actively thinking about the show.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i love that idea

i think they answered the big ones, but there were a few small(ish) ones left over that we can have a bat about with

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I wonder why Kate's apparel changed. When she left Jack outside the church, she was wearing the little black dress from the concert. When she meets up with Jack after Jack talks to his father, she's wearing something completely different. Traveling clothes?

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also love the idea.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I wonder why Kate's apparel changed. When she left Jack outside the church, she was wearing the little black dress from the concert. When she meets up with Jack after Jack talks to his father, she's wearing something completely different. Traveling clothes?
    I was wondering the same exact thing
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We didn't get the pop up version over here

I think the answers thread is an awesome idea

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I would've watched it if I had known it was on. Fuck.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Did anyone watch last night's replay of The End with the pop-ups added? I realized it was on with only 30 minutes left. I wonder if they slipped any additional answers in.

Also, I just though of an idea for a potential thread and wanted to see if y'all like the idea. Everyone could nominate their list of most important unanswered questions. After a certain time we pool the results and make a consensus list of these questions. Then we work down the list with a separate thread for each of the top five or ten and each person gives what they think the answer would be given the actual facts we have. Then maybe we could vote on the "best answer." Maybe that is a little complicated but it would be fun (sort of like the best movie of all time polls). Would anyone be interested in doing this?

This maybe why I am OK with the end of Lost. I like the open ends because it still has me actively thinking about the show.
    Sounds like fun, and you're right keep us discussing and the show relevant.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Being that I have some nerd in me, I actually typed up all those questions from that video Merlin posted. I wanted to see if I come up with plausible answers to most of the mysteries, given what was showed. So far I've only answered about 10 0f 80. But if anyone is interested I'll post the questions...

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The enhanced episode of "The End" ran Saturday, but my local news ran a constant amber alert crawl that had been running since that afternoon right over the subtitles, so you couldn't read them. I gave up after 15 straight minutes of this. I didn't like it, but I understood the reasoning.

However, as it turns out, the 17 year old girl wasn't kidnapped, the family pushed her in the car because she was being a brat and didn't want to move to Florida with the family, so she decided to pick a random stop in Virginia on their trip to fight them. Where she was gonna go in the middle of VA if she got away from them, I have no idea.

If anyone can help me with being able to watch the episode on my TV set, please PM me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I think Darlton got very invested in their Epilogue/Ending and ended up doing a Wizard of Oz. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" (the unresolved plot lines/devices) "Look over here instead"!!
    They came out and said that at Times Talk Live, basically, the ending is emotional and character driven, so cry and enjoy that cause that's what about, not a checklist of answers.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nt07077, if you want to get the ball rolling on the pool of questions, you could open a thread and post your list. Then put the rules I set above, clarified if you want. I would number the questions and say that people can just pick the numbers of their top ten questions. I think we can agree that almost all of the questions out there are on that list but there might be a few missing so people can write their own and add the next number (81, 82, etc).

Or I could open the thread with the rules and you can make the first post your list. Which way would you like to go?

Country
    Country Flag

^^^ Yeah you can make the thread if you would like to and I'll post the questions or I'll PM them to you. It doesn't matter.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    The enhanced episode of "The End" ran Saturday, but my local news ran a constant amber alert crawl that had been running since that afternoon right over the subtitles, so you couldn't read them. I gave up after 15 straight minutes of this. I didn't like it, but I understood the reasoning.

However, as it turns out, the 17 year old girl wasn't kidnapped, the family pushed her in the car because she was being a brat and didn't want to move to Florida with the family, so she decided to pick a random stop in Virginia on their trip to fight them. Where she was gonna go in the middle of VA if she got away from them, I have no idea.

If anyone can help me with being able to watch the episode on my TV set, please PM me.
    If you have a HD tv and a HDMI cable, you could just connect your computer to the Tv and stream the enhanced episode from Hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/153008/los...ced#s-p1-so-i2

Hope that's helpful.....

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I would've watched it if I had known it was on. Fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post

If you have a HD tv and a HDMI cable, you could just connect your computer to the Tv and stream the enhanced episode from Hulu.

Hope that's helpful.....
    AHEM!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post

Hope that's helpful.....
    I have neither. It IS helpful, and I appreciate it, but I was thinking more along the lines of being able to edit out the commercials and have it on DVD like I do the enhanced pilot that aired a week earlier. Doesn't look like anyone here recorded it, and it's impossible to watch online and move back and forth between segments to reread things without getting snagged by those. "limited commercial interruptions." I absouletly appreciate the help. Thank you!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I don't want to keep quoting people reiterating what I'm saying, because I don't want to victimise our lovely Melikey But yes, this is exactly what I was saying.
    Lisa, it wouldn't be too bad to be victimised here.
    I read your posts again on my laptop, I now got what you said. Before, I have been browsing .com via phone and I had missed some parts of your posts.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean, sometimes I browse on my DSi and it's really not the same as having a full laptop screen!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

LOL so I went to this pretty big Dance music festival on Saturday here in the Baltimore MD area. While talking with some friends something caught my eye. My friend who is also a big Lost fan laughed when he saw this guy too. Here's a picture of the guy with some of his friends. Anybody look kind of familiar?

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit! You know that dude gets bugged constantly.
    Heng Dai

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I know right. I bet even the DJ could hear all of us yell Hurely when we saw him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 158 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast