Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Can you season two lovers enlighten me? IMO, that was the weakest season. It dragged and felt as if it was transforming into a Prime Time Soap Opera. I stayed on for three to give them another chance to redeem the show and, lo! I was rewarded. But anyway..

Season 2 lovers - Why?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well, season one was good and all with the introducing of the characters etc Inc the island

season two took it one step further; we meet desmond in the hatch and find out about the numbers. We also find out that Hurley has got an unlucky link to these numbers

we also find out about the dharma initiative and all the videos come to light, i loved the snippets that we got fed with those

We meet Mr Eko
    we meet ben

there was more, but it was this season that both frustrated and delighted me in equal measure

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked season two, for me the one that dragged the most was four, because all the freighter stuff dragged on a bit too much. I didn't not enjoy it, but it was the slowest for me. Mind you, I felt that way about 5 too. Not every single ep in either season - I guess what it really boils down to is my Other-like dislike of newcomers to the island

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Season two we meet Desmond. We get the hatch and the button. We got to watch that cool retro video from Candle. We got to meet Ben for the first time, aka Henry Gale (I still call him Benry).

4 toed statue for the first time, the sky turned purple, bags over the main heroes heads, Ben is not only an other, but the leader of the others.

That whole season was a wild ride.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Those were good, true, but I recall it being more drama.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

1. Favorite character? Sawyer (drool) and Hurley
    2. Favorite couple? Desmond and Penny
    3. Saddest moment? Charlie's death!
    4. Happiest/Most Heartwarming moment? Desmond and Penny getting back together. Sun getting controlling interest in Daddy's company and sticking it to him! FU Daddy!
    5. Least favorite character? I really don't have one
    6. Biggest mystery you hope is solved/explained? What is the island? What was Dharma's REAL purpose on it?
    7. Favorite season? so hard to pick, they each have their own special moments
    8. Dead character that you would bring back? Tough one..Charlie, Julliette, Mr Eko
    9. Favorite Sawyer given nickname? Anything involving Hurley
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    for me season 3 felt like that with the whole prisoner thing going on - meh!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    4 toed statue for the first time, the sky turned purple, bags over the main heroes heads, Ben is not only an other, but the leader of the others.
    Isn't that season three? Or am I misremembering? I could've sworn that the statue was first seen in S3.

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I really don't like about season 3 in retrospect. I really wanted to re-watch season 3 before this season but the prisoner deal kind of dissuaded me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might be wrong about the 4 toed statue, it was either season two finale, or the season 3. I think it was 3, now that I think on it.

In my defense, if I am wrong, I did some flash backwards time travel stuff to the 70's, played with my old Star Wars figures, watched Ultraman on t.v. and drank some coke from a King Kong glass while eating pop rocks. The experience skewed my sense of time/space, and whenever I think of season two end/season 3 begin, my nose bleeds a little.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my defense, if I am wrong, I did some flash backwards time travel stuff to the 70's, played with my old Star Wars figures, watched Ultraman on t.v. and drank some coke from a King Kong glass while eating pop rocks. The experience skewed my sense of time/space, and whenever I think of season two end/season 3 begin, my nose bleeds a little.
    In that case, you are forgiven. Time travel does kind of mess you up a little bit. If you need help anchoring yourself to 2010, you'll need a constant.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I'v got a six pack in the fridge, and I do feel an emotional connection to it, so I'm going to make that my constant. Amen.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you can, but I can't promise we won't drink your constant. You might want to anchor yourself to the packaging. I mean we like you and all, but come on...it's beer. Enough said!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

It is a pickle. Let Whidden bleed out from time travel sickness, or drink the beer. I myself am torn.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Favorite character? Jack, I know I'm in the minority but I've always loved him.

2. Favorite couple? Claire and Charlie

3. Saddest moment? Charlie sacrificing himself

4. Happiest/Most Heartwarming moment? the peanut butter scene with Charlie and Claire

5. Least favorite character? Maybe Michael, he's always annoyed me. But lately I'd say Kate. I really loved her in the first few seasons, but now she's just gotten irritating.

6. Biggest mystery you hope is solved/explained? What's the purpose of the island? Who exactly are Jacob and the Man in Black?... and many more but I'll stop there.

7. Favorite season? Hands down it's season 1. With me, my preference for them has always been 1 and it decreases as it goes on. That's not to say I dislike the recent seasons, but I don't love them nearly as much as the first few. I loved the mystery of the first season. You didn't really know anything. There's polar bears running around the island, some mysterious force stalking them in the jungle, a random hatch in the ground, and Others!

8. Dead character that you would bring back? Definitely Charlie!

9. Favorite Sawyer given nickname? There's so many, but I think it might be Skeletor
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We will miss you, Whidden.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I think you made the right call. My only hope now is that a flash sideways other level of the tower Whidden somehow makes it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I were you I'd advise him not to choose beer as his constant.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, he's gonna' make the same mistake, isn't he?

If you rescue me

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dunno if it's already been posted (only up to page 105), but there are some theories floating about that Aaron is the new Jacob (he has blonde hair) and David the new MiB (black Hair). Also, people say that the flash sideways is what would happen if Jacob didn't exsist?
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid that all Whidden's on all levels of the tower times infinity, Multiple Lost universes, Talisman/Black Thirteen worlds, and even Back to the Future alternate timelines, is a solid and dedicated beer drinker.

Maybe, just maybe, in an infinity of worlds, there is a Whidden who goes for whiskey and wine.

This same universe might contain a skinny Hurley, a kind and gentle Randall Flagg, a Gary Coleman Mr. Ekko, and a MIB/Flocke Water monster.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I might be wrong about the 4 toed statue, it was either season two finale, or the season 3. I think it was 3, now that I think on it.
    It was season 2, Live Together, Die Alone Part 1.

Going back to what we were discussing the other week, about the flash sideways and alternate or not, this a a transcript of the podcast where Damon and Carlton discuss it:

Carlton: We have two distinct timelines. One timeline seems to derive from the theory that when the bomb went off, exactly what Faraday was postulating occured, there was a reset and 815 flew over what was once the island and landed in LA. Those people never experienced the crash, never met each other by crashing on the plane.

Damon: I just want clarification, alot of people are referring to these flash sideways as an alternate timeline and we want to go out of our way to basically not use that word. They're both equally real and will hopefully reconcile in some way.

My Mood
    Worried

I wonder why they think the use of the term alternate implies false?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Not so much "false" as "inferior" or "secondary" -- as if one was the prime reality and the other was second best.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

To me alternate implies the typical sci-fi scenario where you make a decison and in one reality you do A and from that stems another reality, an alternate reality, where you do B. I think they're avoiding that by saying - this reality didn't stem from setting off the bomb, as in it was an offshoot where everything happened the same up to that point and then went in a different direction. The use of the term "reset" confuses it a little, but I think what they're saying is - when the bomb went off wht maybe should have happened was what they were expecting, ie they'd be back in time on the plane, unaware of everything they'd been through, of each other etc, the plane wouldn't crash and life would go on. But! Maybe because of the island having been jumping about through time it all became more complicated than Faraday anticipated, because now the reset has occured, but it's occurred in such a way that there are now two realities instead of one. And the implications of the bomb in the reset reality mean that Jacob hasn't tracked their lives, they were never put on a list and had their plane made to crash - which is why there's all this new stuff in the reset life, like Jack having a son etc.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Season 2 lovers - Why?
    1. Libby
    2. Desmond's origin
    3. Dharma intrigue (films, questions about who they are/were)
    4. Henry Gale mystery
    5. shocking moments (Shannon, Ana Lucia, Libby)
    6. Locke's faith struggle
    7. Ana Lucia's backstory
    8. Eko
    9. Charlie's struggles
    10. Sawyer/Locke/Jack power struggle
    11. Libby/Hurley story
    12. "Dave" with the shocker about Libby, and dealing with the fact that this is not a dream, or all in someone's head
    13. The button and the battle between Locke and Eko about it's validity
    14. Michael losing it and turning on his friends
    15. "The Long Con" one of the best episodes ever, just perfect

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Yeah, the whole season was "Jack acts like an asshole, and hopefully his friends don't get killed as a result."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast