Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Damn, nope, missed the painting...but I have it on DVR and will go look and if that's all it is really about...LOVE...then I am gonna be pissed!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It seemed like Desmond was unusually happy
    Spoiler:
    to be captured at the end. A trap by Widmore who, damn it, now seems to be someone to root for ?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Did I see
    Spoiler:
    Michael
    in the preview for next week's episode?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Did I see
    Spoiler:
    Michael
    Yes I believe you did!!!

WAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Did I see
    Spoiler:
    Michael
    Yes I believe you did!!!

WAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Oh boy. Great episode, of course.

Can't talk too much about it while i'm at work, but i'll be back to share some thoughts later.

I was always under the impression that Penny was the offspring of Widmore's off-island affair that ended up getting him ousted from leader of the island and shipped to the mainland.

Dan Faraday was the child of Eloise and Charles. (how did his last name become Faraday??).

Also, any one get a Dr Manhattan vibe from the scene at the beginning when they zapped Desmond?

Dan Faraday was the child of Eloise and Charles. (how did his last name become Faraday??).
    In the original timeline, I get the impression that Eloise and Charles didn't stay together. She was a Hawking and he was a Faraday. Maybe she decided to distance herself from Widmore at some point. I'm not sure Daniel knew that Widmore was his father.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Oh tell me people caught the painting in Widmores office? I didn't want to piss off my wife and rewind as soon as I saw it. So I waited for the commercial.

It was
    Spoiler:
    A painting of a scale with a whit and black rock on it
    Yeah! It-is-amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Damn, nope, missed the painting...but I have it on DVR and will go look and if that's all it is really about...LOVE...then I am gonna be pissed!
    For you:
    Screencapture of Widmore's Office

It is another powerful episode.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Oh tell me people caught the painting in Widmores office? I didn't want to piss off my wife and rewind as soon as I saw it. So I waited for the commercial.

It was
    Spoiler:
    Yeah! It-is-amazing!

For you:

I can't find a bigger picture of it. But to me it looked like they could be black and white versions of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post

It was
    Spoiler:
    Yeah! It-is-amazing!

For you:

I can't find a bigger picture of it. But to me it looked like they could be black and white versions of the island.
    Another screencapture of Widmore's Office

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[quote/]
    [/quote]

Is that a ship or a sailboat in the background? Possibly the Black Rock or the Elizabeth (I think that's the name of the boat the Desmond took to the island.)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Desmond episodes always are so good!!! I'm glad that he has returned to the island AND we got more of the Desmond/Penny mush.

Yes, I'm totally a sucker for a good love story.

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    [quote/]
    Is that a ship or a sailboat in the background? Possibly the Black Rock or the Elizabeth (I think that's the name of the boat the Desmond took to the island.)[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the model in the corner?
    I think it is a model of Black Rock.

Here is a painting of Black Rock, on Widmore's wall and in the auction of Black Rock ledger:

Elizabeth:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode was good. Not terrible, but not amazing either. I was really loving the first 20 minutes with Desmond talking with Widmore and the electromagnetism experiment, but then it went to the FS. Speaking of which, there was one thing I didn't quite get from last night:
    Spoiler:
    did Desmond flash into the ALT, or just connect with his mind there? The flash was so bright that I couldn't tell if he actually vanished from Widmore's "crate."

For an illongated trip into the FS, I enjoyed it. All the parallels between Desmond in both realities were amazingly constructed and written. My favorites:

- Pushing the button in the Hatch/Pushing the MRI button
    - Desmond running in the stadium, seeing Jack/Penny running in the stadium, seeing Penny
    - Widmore evil/Widmore weirdly nice to Desmond
    - Faraday the physicist/Faraday the musician

One other thought: what's going on with Ms. Hawking?! She knows everything, seemingly in both realities. I hope she's coming up on-Island in the near-future.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the model to the right of Desmond and Widmore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Speaking of which, there was one thing I didn't quite get from last night:
    Spoiler:
    did Desmond flash into the ALT, or just connect with his mind there? The flash was so bright that I couldn't tell if he actually vanished from Widmore's "crate."
    Spoiler:
    I think he time/universe traveled there, much as he did in the episode where he became completely unrooted from time and leaped around in his own lifetime. Whether or not his body vanished is an open question -- I think it's more a matter of where his consciousness went.

Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, Desmond's conscious went into the ALT time line after the experiment, that's why there was no "whosh" sound. Then when he fainted in the stadium is when his conscious come back the original time line. After he woke up from fainting (the same time he woke up in the original time line), you hear the "whosh" sound so I guess he couldn't see his ALT self anymore. Hope that helps a bit.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think he time/universe traveled there, much as he did in the episode where he became completely unrooted from time and leaped around in his own lifetime. Whether or not his body vanished is an open question -- I think it's more a matter of where his consciousness went.
    Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    Ricky, Desmond's conscious went into the ALT time line after the experiment, that's why there was no "whosh" sound. Then when he fainted in the stadium is when his conscious come back the original time line. After he woke up from fainting (the same time he woke up in the original time line), you hear the "whosh" sound so I guess he couldn't see his ALT self anymore. Hope that helps a bit.
    That's what I thought, but the fact that he was conscious of his ALT life, with only flashes of his 2007-Island made me confused. Contrary to The Constant, Desmond's consciousness from Island-time wasn't present in his ALT body, so I'm thinking there's a bit of a merging going on here not only with Desmond, but with all the Losties. However, I believe that Desmond is the key to providing severe insight into the ALT timeline.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I remember why I stopped posting in this thread.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

not sure this will post in here or not. let me know if you don't see the pic. i thought it was cool when i first saw it.

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/WL...1FsT3gBQ232301

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

That pic is great!! And thanks for the screen captures!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Hey, that's my desktop!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

all ready posted this in the Lost Dark Tower thread. For those like me at first who didn't know of the thread here is what i posted. What do you guys think.

Theory about Desmond and how he plays a role in the show through the dark tower books. Now it's been a few years since I read the series but Desmond is the character we see at the end who draws and erases the Crimson king.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Hey, that's my desktop!
    Same, here Woofer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast