+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 158 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Goofy connection / resonance: Hurley reminisces about getting Arzt on his shirt. Arzt gets formaldehyde (i.e. embalming fluid) on his shirt!
    LOL didn't think about that connection.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Fantastic catch, Bev.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I guess that I'm the only one that this episode was a disappointment? It's a shame because Ben (and Locke) is my favorite character and I always look forward to his episodes, but I feel like it was seriously lacking something. It felt a bit...incomplete. And rushed.

Though, I did like the reappearance of Richard and the whole Black Rock scene as well as Ben's redemption/dialogue with Ilana
    Spoiler:

I think my problem with these episodes is the narrative structuring (i.e. flash-sideways). Plain and simple: until Darlton gives me reason to think otherwise, I couldn't care less what happens in the alt-timeline. I miss the flashbacks and flashforwards, you know, where the story actually progressed?

With the season more than 1/3 over, I feel like we need to start getting some answers tossed our way, but all we get is a 5:1 question to answer ratio. I'm not digging it.

Maybe it's the ABC marketing department I'm enraged at for saying crap like, "the time for answers is now!" and "the next episode is so secret that we're only showing you 3 seconds of it!" Or maybe Darlton? I don't know.

I'm just fed up with the alt-timeline time-waster (yup, I said it) and want the story to move along. With 1 hr. runtime, minus 15 minutes for commericals, minus the flash-sideways time, we're looking about 20-25 minutes actually on-Island in the present. In my opinion, that's nowhere near the time needed each week to tell the story.

Just my two cents. Do I sound bitter?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Darlton's take is that once you're shown the reveal of why the flash sideways is important, you'll love it. I actually like seeing those. There is something to it, Jack noticing his appendectomy scar and such, maybe he'll learn to flip between the territories, he and Sawyer will be left standing at the end, adopt a love child, and name it after both of them.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Spencer!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I just crack up laughing whenever Ben is walking around the Island. His arms are hanging weird, he is so awkward. Hilarious.

Such a wonderful blend of comedy and drama last night. It's hard to mix those two correctly. My favorite Lost episode this season.

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched it again. Really powerful acting on Benry's part.
    Funny how Ben gasses his dad on the Island, but airs him up with O2 in the sideways universe. I was waiting for his dad there to whip out a steak and throw it at Ben's head, like he did Napoleon. Guy cracks me up. Can't look at him without thinking UNCLE RICO!!!!!!

If they get Pedro on the show, that would be pretty slick.

And the song in the promo for next week is really haunting.

I found it on youtube, an oldie/goldie from 1972, but I'd never heard it before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp18sKXaFlE"]YouTube- Leonard Cohen. Bird on a Wire.[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

Absoultely. His delivery of the line "because he's the only one that'll have me." should earn him an emmy by itself.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I think Darlton's take is that once you're shown the reveal of why the flash sideways is important, you'll love it. I actually like seeing those. There is something to it, Jack noticing his appendectomy scar and such, maybe he'll learn to flip between the territories, he and Sawyer will be left standing at the end, adopt a love child, and name it after both of them.
    If any men become a couple, please don't let Jack be any half of it. Please. Sawyer and his Doppleganger, though, I could get into.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    Funny how Ben gasses his dad on the Island, but airs him up with O2 in the sideways universe.
    Oh, that is very good!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Absoultely. His delivery of the line "because he's the only one that'll have me." should earn him an emmy by itself.
    so emotional
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Someone suggested at some point that Frank is also a candidate, but I can't recall who said that.
    Bram asked Ilana last year in "The Incident" if she thought Frank might be a candidate, just before they showed him Locke's dead body in the shipping crate. Ilana never answered the question, and since she showed the body to everyone at the beach later on, seeing what was inside wasn't exclusive to candidates only. It seemed as though Bram was just speaking out of turn.

There hasn't been anything this season to suggest that Frank is a candidate, so my guess is no. It was just a plant to set up the concept of candidates so that it didnt seem entirely like an afterthought this year.
    Heng Dai

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    agreed Last night episode was great in both story lines. Ben and the actor or one of my favorites along with Sawyer and Locke. My least favorite character is Kate I've hated her this whole series. I hope she doesn't make it to the end. It was interesting to learn that the candidate will pretty much take over the role of Jacob and possibly MIB. Also learning that if you're touched by Jacob you have a good chance of never dying was pretty cool. Wonder if that is the same with the Ocianic 6? I wish I could remember the line, But Miles had a great one liner last night that made me LOL. Widmore on the Sub, I figured it would be him but was still surprised. I wonder why they had the name Williams on the dial though. The off island conversation between Ben and his dad was awesome. I hope / can't wait to learn more about what happened.
    Well...Locke was touched by him, and he died. However remember he was going to try to kill himself but was interrupted by Ben and didn't do it! Very interesting stuff. They can die...they just don't have the power in this "game" to do it themselves. Maybe this is similar to why certain people can't kill other people like Flocke had to use Ben to Kill Jacob. Or...not since that broke the rules too. I dunno!
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theyspunaweb View Post

Well...Locke was touched by him, and he died. However remember he was going to try to kill himself but was interrupted by Ben and didn't do it! Very interesting stuff. They can die...they just don't have the power in this "game" to do it themselves. Maybe this is similar to why certain people can't kill other people like Flocke had to use Ben to Kill Jacob. Or...not since that broke the rules too. I dunno!

I was thinking the same thing, too, about the people who can't kill other people. Maybe when Jacob touches you, it makes you like they are and you have to follow the same rules: you can't kill yourself, and you can't kill each other. Of course, that also means that Ben has murdered not one, but two immortalish people at this point.
    Heng Dai

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, I kinda know what you're saying because I thought there would be a steady trickle of answers throughout the season, rather than a big dollop of revelation for the finale.

It just struck me today, why do Ben and Widmore have the same set up as Flocke and Jacob (cannot kill each other, a set of "rules" they must follow) - yet Jacob was still on the lookout for candidates?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ricky, I kinda know what you're saying because I thought there would be a steady trickle of answers throughout the season, rather than a big dollop of revelation for the finale.

It just struck me today, why do Ben and Widmore have the same set up as Flocke and Jacob (cannot kill each other, a set of "rules" they must follow) - yet Jacob was still on the lookout for candidates?
    That's exactly what I thought too (regarding the answers). I'm getting kind of disappointed. I don't use the word "filler" often, but I think there have been many points this season that qualify as such.

I've always wondered about Ben and Widmore too. I always thought that the rules referred to not being able to kill someone in the middle of all the conflict (i.e. Alex) or "the rules" having something to do with time travel. If someone in the past was killed when the past wasn't really their past (i.e. Eloise killing Daniel), that might "change" the rules too.

I think there's so many different interpretations of what the rules could be that anything now is just pure speculation.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So I guess that I'm the only one that this episode was a disappointment?
    No, you're not alone

I don't know, as the season progresses, I'm just getting more and more disappointed with it. I like the flash-sideways, and can't wait to see how they incorporate that into the story, but I would also like to see more of what's going on on island as well.

But the thing that's bothering me the most is that I feel like they're just tossing in random stuff to finally give us some answers. The lighthouse just appearing? I don't understand how they could not have ever come across it before. I suppose it's possible, but it just seemed so random to toss that in there. And concerning last night's episode, the appearance of Alex just really bugged me for some reason. Does everything have to mirror what's happened on island? How did Alex get out there, where's Rousseau? It just seemed strange that she'd be living in the same town as Ben.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So I guess that I'm the only one that this episode was a disappointment?
    No, you're not alone

I don't know, as the season progresses, I'm just getting more and more disappointed with it. I like the flash-sideways, and can't wait to see how they incorporate that into the story, but I would also like to see more of what's going on on island as well.

But the thing that's bothering me the most is that I feel like they're just tossing in random stuff to finally give us some answers. The lighthouse just appearing? I don't understand how they could not have ever come across it before. I suppose it's possible, but it just seemed so random to toss that in there. And concerning last night's episode, the appearance of Alex just really bugged me for some reason. Does everything have to mirror what's happened on island? How did Alex get out there, where's Rousseau? It just seemed strange that she'd be living in the same town as Ben.
    At first, some of the connections sideways annoyed me, too, but then I started to dig seeing how all of their lives would be connected in some way regardless of whether or not they crashed. That adds another level that makes me wonder if Jacob knew that (passive) or helped cause it (active). Hrm.

Re: Thinking it forced to see Alex: Conceivably, Rousseau and her husband could've moved to the U.S. and be living in the town where Ben happens to be teaching. And Leslie Artz. The strangest change, IMO, was the difference in Ben's father. What was so different that he wasn't bitter any longer?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    No, you're not alone

But the thing that's bothering me the most is that I feel like they're just tossing in random stuff to finally give us some answers. The lighthouse just appearing? I don't understand how they could not have ever come across it before. I suppose it's possible, but it just seemed so random to toss that in there.
    Good to know Heather.

I'm sad to say that I keep getting disappointed too (though I loved LA X and Sundown).

I agree with your point about tossing in random things for answers. I feel the exact same way. It's almost like they're thinking, "crap! only 10 episodes left! quick, we don't have enough time to explain them, but let's throw in a couple answers!"

As for the island, I'd like to see more than 20 mins. per episode of it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I think things will start to get better from here, the next 5 weeks or so look to be awesome, then the final push should be even better.

My Mood
    Worried

LOST is on in just over 7 hours.

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not lookin' at the spoilers, I had to work and didn't get to watch lost tonight, but I am sitting here re-watching last week's episode on Hulu.

I noticed something pretty cool while watching the Dr. Linus episode tonight, it's a synchronicity thing, but after considering the confluence of events I wonder if I there wasn't a "Subliminal" thing going on here. A suggestive sell.

So, last week I watched the show live, and around 24 hours later, I was cruising a few commercial websites that are known for having good deals, -sites like woot and cheaperthandirt.com so I found this amzing deal on a "Bug-out-bag" or a range-bag, or a tactical responders bag, SWAT-bag -whatever you want to call it.

I researched it, and everyone that had bought one was effusive with praise on how excellent the bag was And just $21 bucks! So I bought one -it arrives, oh joy! it's even better than I expected.

So tonight, I was watching last weeks episode, and lo and behold Llana has THE SAME bag! Or one that is almost identical to it.

Now I saw the episode BEFORE I bought the bag. But I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE the bag at the time. Not consciously, I mean I remembered the scene, but not the bag.

It was only while re-watching it tonight that I saw it, hey there's my B.O.B. (They are not identical -but VERY close.

No doubt in my mind, that seeing it in the show influenced my purchase. And I'm fine with that, just makes me wonder how often this happens and we never even notice.

-Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can it please be March 23 already? I can hardly wait.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

My Mood
    Worried

Srsly. Check av/sig - ready for that episode.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    Can it please be March 23 already? I can hardly wait.
    LOL I said the same thing to my wife. As soon as they showed the preview for next week I turned to her and asked if tomorrow was the 23rd. She looked at me like i was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 158 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast