Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 158 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I meant why Charlie and Des didn't just cut the cable, in order to stop the jamming signal? I know it would be much less dramatic, but...

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

Anyone catch the name of the Philip K Dick book that Ben was reading?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    But the episode the constant means that Desmond had been back in time meaning that in order for that time line to exist, Charlie had to enter the looking glass meaning the universe didn't course correct and everything played out as intended.
    The events that took place in the Looking Glass weren't actions that only Charlie could have performed - anyone could have pressed that button. Infact it was possible for Charlie to press the button and escape (as could anybody else have done).
    See, that isn't course correcting. If anyone could have pushed the button than Desmond wouldn't be getting flashes about Charlie. Notice how the only other flash he got was about Naomi which led toward Charlie going into the looking glass? Desmond had these flashes because his future self remembered them and blowing the hatch is what made him go messed up in the constant. That entire storyline with Charlie and the looking glass was Desmond's subconcious telling him in flashes how to talk to Penny and fix himself. That was why when Desmond knew about Penny he told Charlie that he had to die this time, it was the proper time for it. I don't see it the universe course correcting because as was said 'you cannot change the future' thus meaning there was no choice in Charlie making it to the season three finale.

The point was, not that Charlie had to die at that moment, but his realisation that he had been meant to die at an earlier point and that the universe would continue to course correct until he died. When he accepted his imminent death, Des's visions stopped and Charlie chose to accept this death as the implications of his actions leading upto it were noble and for a greater good (or so he believed!)
    On Charlie's part, you're correct. Desmond's visions stopped because he reached the future his flashes covered to, which was him getting on that helicopter.

You learn about the fact that Dharma was experimenting with the Casimir Effect, a pretty big spoiler by your standards considering what it implies.
    Difference was that that video was released to the general public for a reason. It was meant to be watched for this season. Podcasts are more for crazy fans who just can't wait until their questions are answered during the show, imo. My point is merely that if I wanted to know what is said on podcasts, I'd watch them. But I don't watch them and I'd prefer to be kept in the dark. I know this is a spoiler thread but that's in regards to what has already happened, not what hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible T
    Does anyone else wonder why they didn't just cut the cable to The Looking Glass?
    I'm not sure if you know what happens when a person cuts into a high voltage current...

Missed it twice, I'll check and reply with the answer unless I'm beaten to it.

On Episode 6 - a great episode, nice to see Goodwin back and I liked the flashback, the only real flashback Charlie's send off episode, Greatest Hits. My main problem with this episode is being told what I already know and not being told what I already know:

- Charles Whidmore looking for island - DUH. I kind of figured that out with the season two ending, but the end of season three sealed it for me.

-How Whidmore knew about the island - Now it's possible that he found out through a Hanso/Dharma leak but I do believe Desmond saw that door open at the auction, when he bought the journal of the first mate on the black rock, which a Hanso once owned. It started with the book, either totally or the actually search for it.

- Bens man on the boat - Michael, obviously.

Last episode next week, a Sun (or Jin too) episode. Show returns April 18th if no changes have been made.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonabike View Post
    Presumably that was the same copy of Valis that Locke delivered a while back.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Theory on Charles Whidmore, associated with Faraday and lewis:

We knew early on from meeting Desmond that he and Penny were somehow crucial but now we really see the degree of it. Desmond has been, in my opinon, the most important character on the show. Between his time travelling, being the connection to the Whidmores/freighter people, his flashes that lead the freighter people to the island...so much has happened because of him. It makes me wonder if he somehow knew about Desmond or planned it, couldn't just be a coincidence, I know this show to well.

I'm going to do this Chronogically, according to Desmonds.

- Desmond doesn't get any whiskey - This is when he first gets the idea into Desmond's head that he wasn't good enough for Penny and he sure wasn't good enough for his whiskey. (i think that whiskey is important, can't recall who else had though)

- Desmond has his 'Flashes Before Your Eyes' trip. In this he realizes his fate to be on the island and has to break up with Penny.

- We see him in 'The Constant' in an auction, bidding for a book. A book that was onced by a Hanzo, of the Hanzo foundation in league with Dharma Initiative. We know he isn't affiliate with them because Ben doesn't know why Whidmore wants there, but he's afraid of it being exposed to the world - unless that's crap, but I think Ben tells the truth more often than we think.

This book was from the 1st mate of the Black Rock which is on the island. Whidmore obviously went there with all intent to buy it and it only fueled his need I'm sure. Now, this is where Faraday comes in.

Faraday a physicst and knows and studied Desmonds condition. Now, is that such a coincidence? We know Faraday and Lewis have their own agenda. I do believe that Faraday informed Mr. Whidmore as was employed by him (I'm sure) to discover the Casamir effect mentioned in the Orchid Training Video on YouTube.

The Casamir effect talks about electromagnetism and scientific stuff (look it up, wikipedia or google) but says that it can worm holes with the ability to travel more than the speed of light. This would explain a time differential, an exact bearing to follow etc but more so, explains why The Black Rock is in the center of the island why 815 appeared there and broke apart. For those that don't know, the team that found 815 wreckage was looking for The Black Rock, same area.

Charlotte Lewis knew about Dharma and had been studying them. Apparently she had found several artifacts from them around, including that polar bear which must be the exit to a worm hole. That was why she was so happy to finally get on the island. Unlike Frank and Miles who seem to be there for their own reason, Faraday/Lewis seem really in league with Whidmore.

Back to Whidmore and the time line. I believe that the entire sail boat race was a set up to make Desmond on the island, so they can find it in the future with Faraday's information about him being on an island in a future, Desmond too. Whidmore would have also known the date in which to be around for this.

I hear this season we'll find out why Libby was in the institution with Hurley. I wonder if peraps she was ordered or paid to give the boat to Desmond to ful fill this but that may have just been left up to chance as it was supposed to happen. Libby could have been in the institution do that her husbands death talked about in that scene.

Anyways that is essentially my theory on Whidmore. He knew about Desmond, the island, the casamir effect, the date he would call Penny; everything. It seems logical to me, but only time will tell. I'd actually theorized this after watching The Constant but last nights episode made it a reality and it didn't surprise me much.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode was blah. Hated it. Last week's, though, that rocked all kinds of coolness.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Last night's episode was blah. Hated it. Last week's, though, that rocked all kinds of coolness.
    I completely agree. The only part about last night's I liked was when Ben told Locke he might want to sit down when he asked about the man on the boat....ahhhh, who is it!!!??? I need to know NOW! Walt or Michael...my guess is Michael.

And why does Jack only make out with Juliet right after encounters with Kate...that bugs me.

Oh, and I have to say this again....I HATE BEN!!!!!! Most hated villian EVER in tv history for me!!!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Country
    Country Flag

I think my most hated character would have to be Michael. I know they're not gonna kill my son, they want him for something, but I'm just gonna blow 2 people away on the word of someone I don't know who has kidnapped my son.

Country
    Country Flag

My Theory on Charles Whidmore, associated with Faraday and lewis:

We knew early on from meeting Desmond that he and Penny were somehow crucial but now we really see the degree of it. Desmond has been, in my opinon, the most important character on the show. Between his time travelling, being the connection to the Whidmores/freighter people, his flashes that lead the freighter people to the island...so much has happened because of him. It makes me wonder if he somehow knew about Desmond or planned it, couldn't just be a coincidence, I know this show to well.

I'm going to do this Chronogically, according to Desmonds.

- Desmond doesn't get any whiskey - This is when he first gets the idea into Desmond's head that he wasn't good enough for Penny and he sure wasn't good enough for his whiskey. (i think that whiskey is important, can't recall who else had though)

- Desmond has his 'Flashes Before Your Eyes' trip. In this he realizes his fate to be on the island and has to break up with Penny.

- We see him in 'The Constant' in an auction, bidding for a book. A book that was onced by a Hanzo, of the Hanzo foundation in league with Dharma Initiative. We know he isn't affiliate with them because Ben doesn't know why Whidmore wants there, but he's afraid of it being exposed to the world - unless that's crap, but I think Ben tells the truth more often than we think.

This book was from the 1st mate of the Black Rock which is on the island. Whidmore obviously went there with all intent to buy it and it only fueled his need I'm sure. Now, this is where Faraday comes in.

Faraday a physicst and knows and studied Desmonds condition. Now, is that such a coincidence? We know Faraday and Lewis have their own agenda. I do believe that Faraday informed Mr. Whidmore as was employed by him (I'm sure) to discover the Casamir effect mentioned in the Orchid Training Video on YouTube.

The Casamir effect talks about electromagnetism and scientific stuff (look it up, wikipedia or google) but says that it can worm holes with the ability to travel more than the speed of light. This would explain a time differential, an exact bearing to follow etc but more so, explains why The Black Rock is in the center of the island why 815 appeared there and broke apart. For those that don't know, the team that found 815 wreckage was looking for The Black Rock, same area.

Charlotte Lewis knew about Dharma and had been studying them. Apparently she had found several artifacts from them around, including that polar bear which must be the exit to a worm hole. That was why she was so happy to finally get on the island. Unlike Frank and Miles who seem to be there for their own reason, Faraday/Lewis seem really in league with Whidmore.

Back to Whidmore and the time line. I believe that the entire sail boat race was a set up to make Desmond on the island, so they can find it in the future with Faraday's information about him being on an island in a future, Desmond too. Whidmore would have also known the date in which to be around for this.

I hear this season we'll find out why Libby was in the institution with Hurley. I wonder if peraps she was ordered or paid to give the boat to Desmond to ful fill this but that may have just been left up to chance as it was supposed to happen. Libby could have been in the institution do that her husbands death talked about in that scene.

Anyways that is essentially my theory on Whidmore. He knew about Desmond, the island, the casamir effect, the date he would call Penny; everything. It seems logical to me, but only time will tell. I'd actually theorized this after watching The Constant but last nights episode made it a reality and it didn't surprise me much.
    OK, I'm lost. what in the name of ridiculously strong electromagnetic pulses does youtube have to do with all of this?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I completely agree. The only part about last night's I liked was when Ben told Locke he might want to sit down when he asked about the man on the boat....ahhhh, who is it!!!??? I need to know NOW! Walt or Michael...my guess is Michael.

And why does Jack only make out with Juliet right after encounters with Kate...that bugs me.

Oh, and I have to say this again....I HATE BEN!!!!!! Most hated villian EVER in tv history for me!!!
    "YOU'RE MINE!"
    That quote from Ben cracked me up and freaked me out at the same time. Apparently, Ben is the most cunningly evil, spoiled five-year-old ever.

And why does Jack make out with Juliet after seeing Kate... because she is again "The Other Woman." JK. I think he can't figure out Kate so he is turning to the woman that is most like him to express the feelings he has for Kate.

BTW, does this mean that the Jack-Kate-Sawyer love triangle that turned into a rectangle with Juliet has just become a pentagon with Ben?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we know Juliette can be a lonely girl.

<--thinks the actor is very hot.

Best line last night was from her imo..."its stressful being an other"
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I'm lost. what in the name of ridiculously strong electromagnetic pulses does youtube have to do with all of this?
    That's where the Orchid Training video is...its been mentioned before in here. Watch it.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, it was soap opera-ish.

I think my most hated character would have to be Michael. I know they're not gonna kill my son, they want him for something, but I'm just gonna blow 2 people away on the word of someone I don't know who has kidnapped my son.
    I'm not a huge Michael fan either, I think he's a prick. He pretty much always was though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I too am in love with Juliet, and when she said that I about fell off of the couch, and spewed water all over the place

Lisa, if I remember correctly, you called it before the season when you said Widmore Industries was behind all of this.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

So, given the nature of the book Valis, there are questions stirring in my mind about Ben and Jonathan.
    This stuff has probably bee noted before, but

Valis stuff:
    Spoiler:

This is from wikipedia, because I am lazy.
    Even though the book is written in the first-person-autobiographical, for most of the book Dick treats himself and Fat as two separate characters; he describes conversations and arguments with Fat, and harshly if sympathetically criticizes his opinions and writings. The major subject of these dialogues is spirituality, as Dick/Fat is/are ostensibly obsessed with several religions and philosophies, including Christianity, Taoism, Gnosticism and even Jungian psychoanalysis, in the search for a cure for what he believes is simultaneously a personal and a cosmic wound. Near the end of the book the messianic figure, incarnated by the child Sophia (a name associated with Wisdom in many Gnostic texts), cures him (temporarily), and the narrator describes his surprise that Horselover Fat has suddenly disappeared from his side.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Yes, I think she is attractive as well and I laughed out loud when she said that.

Also... I really liked Michael and his storyline, even if he did get played and betray his friends. My wife hates him too.

I love to hate Ben. Creepy little f*cker!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Least favorite episode so far this season, but it was still good.

Ben is creepy as F. "You're Mine!"

Ah, so it's finally out. Mr. Widmore is behind the freighter folk. It's nice to have it official. Now I'm holding out for Mr. Paik's involvement, and Christian Shepherd's.

So he wants to exploit the island? I'm sure there's more to it than that. I wonder what he knows, and what's in that damned journal.

Sun and Jin episode coming up! I love Sun/Jin episodes.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

(i think that whiskey is important, can't recall who else had though)
    When Charlie and Hurley made their plan to get Des drunk and find out what he was having visions of (before Charlie knew Des was forseeing his death), they got a bottle of whiskey from Sawyers stash...the whiskey just so happened to be the brand that Charles Widmore refused Des. This was also the reason Des drank it, he declined a drink from Charlie at first saying he didn't drink anymore.

I think the boat race was a cover story for Whidmore searching for the island, but I think he conned Des into entering it to get him away from Penny.

I don't think Widmore could have had prior knowledge of Des being on the island from Faraday's note because it would have been completely cryptic to anyone who didn't specifically know what it meant. Also, remember Faraday's flashback of him watching the news of the Oceanic crash on tv...he is devastated but when asked by his relative/room mate what is wrong...he replies that he doesn't know. He has really bad memory problems (as reinforced in the last episode but one) and had no recollection of Desmond until the island time events of The Constant. So even if Whidmore had quizzed him on the note in his book, he (Faraday) wouldn't have known/remembered what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    To me its more like Juliet manipulates the whys and whens of the kisses rather than Jack.
    She surprised him with the first kiss last season (to piss Kate off probably) and by saying (in so many words) in this episode that Ben wouldn't like Jack to kiss her, it was pretty obvious how Jack would react to that!

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything you've said Lisa.
    I can't wait for tonight's episode where my prediction of the Oceanic 6 is complete and correct.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hurrah!! Lets go out back quickly and victory make out for our superior theories

Country
    Country Flag

I like your style Hotness!

Even though I am SUPER glad we are getting more episodes...tonight's is the last for a month, right?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I don't think Widmore could have had prior knowledge of Des being on the island from Faraday's note because it would have been completely cryptic to anyone who didn't specifically know what it meant. Also, remember Faraday's flashback of him watching the news of the Oceanic crash on tv...he is devastated but when asked by his relative/room mate what is wrong...he replies that he doesn't know. He has really bad memory problems (as reinforced in the last episode but one) and had no recollection of Desmond until the island time events of The Constant. So even if Whidmore had quizzed him on the note in his book, he (Faraday) wouldn't have known/remembered what it was.
    Well, until we know how Faraday came to be in leaque with Whidmore I'm going to keep assuming Whidmore always knew about Faraday and Desmond. Faraday has memory problems but he wrote it down and he was studying the same properties that the island has and the casamir effect.

Whidmore knew about the island and Dharma. Dharma knew about the casamir effect. Whidmore funded Faraday to research and study this effect. Faraday confirms existence of effect/island with Desmond. For all we know, Whidmore ordered all that wine in order for Penny and Desmond to meet so Whidmore would be in control of him. Mrs. Hawking, the old lady from 'Flashes Before Your Eyes' is in a picture with Brother Campbell

conincidence? not in the lost universe lol. Strange that Ms. Hawking tells him to follow that path he is supposed to, is involved with the head monk at Desmond's monestary which led to Penny, Whidmore and the island.

To me its more like Juliet manipulates the whys and whens of the kisses rather than Jack.
    She surprised him with the first kiss last season (to piss Kate off probably) and by saying (in so many words) in this episode that Ben wouldn't like Jack to kiss her, it was pretty obvious how Jack would react to that!
    Juliet is so going to end up capped before the end of the series.

Country
    Country Flag

HOLY SHIT!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man I Called That Shit! I don't know why but I had a feeling they where going to kill Jin (see post 504). Still, it was a little wrong for them to fuck with us by using a flash-forward and a flash-back at the same time.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was cool to do both. I like not knowing what to expect and to try and guess which one it will be.
    Good episode!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Ok, we know only four of the actual Oceanic 6. Are you all assuming that Sun and Jin will elect to leave Sun to die while having their child? I say they are the remaining two that leave so they can have the child (without dying). Also, I do not believe Kate is pregnant at all and Sawyer won't leave the island.
    I don't think that anyone is assuming Sun and Jin will elect to stay. In fact, we do not know how the ones that left were chosen. They might not have had a choice. I thought when I saw Sayid ride off in the helicopter that maybe they lingered on that image because it was the last time he saw the island and that maybe he is one of the six because he was forced to stay on the boat. Also, with all the fuss over these new people being dangerous, somebody is bound to die and it may just be Jin. (I don't think that they will kill Sun because they want her pregnancy story to play out.)
    This is that post, and what do you bet that we see Jin die in the next episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 158 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast