Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 158 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I also think Jin is really dead because of the DUI incident and the show's past with actors and DUIs.
    Yeah, but apparently the actress who played Libby was forgiven as she was given a small role on the Meet Kevin Johnson episode.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I also think Jin is really dead because of the DUI incident and the show's past with actors and DUIs.
    Yeah, but apparently the actress who played Libby was forgiven as she was given a small role on the Meet Kevin Johnson episode.
    True, but it was a very small role haunting the man who killed her.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeverAgain View Post
    Desmond
    I don't know what it is, but this is my all time favorite character. I'm a 30 year old man, and when Desmond spoke to Penny on the phone a few episodes ago, it almost brought a tear to my eye. Seeing them reunite? Beautiful. That's all I can say about it.
    I have to start with this quote. I'm also 30 and I cried like a little girl with a skinned knee when that happened. That by far is my favorite episode of the season. Desmond is my absolute favorite character and I was SOOO relieved when he didn't die. If anyone thinks he will die soon...f*ck off!
    Penny and Desmond love story is so great!!! The best part of one of the best finale in my opinion!

Ok...Ben...greatest villian in recent TV memory for me. In the ranks of the Cigarette Smoking Man and others. Great episode for him! I hope they go back and actually show the time traveling to the desert after he moves the island.

John Locke in the coffin?! It was not my prediction but my wife and I talked about it last season...I just didn't see how it could be...knowing he didn't want to ever leave the island. I can't wait for this explanation!

I hope Jin isn't dead but I think he might be.

I hope Michael is not dead but I think he might be. What a stupid move to bring him back to the series for a total of 10 minutes of airtime this season only to have him die! I like his character and was excited he was resigned...

Keamy was a f*cking punk and I'm glad he's gone.

I really don't care AT ALL about Charlotte. Get rid of her. Daniel, on the other hand, is super-cool and I hope he survived and is on the island next season.

All Sawyer said to Kate is something like "I have a kid, take care of her...I have some money in an account." I don't think it was anything more than along those lines.

That's all for now....this finale ranked right up there with last season's!! I love the direction the show is going and I am soooo excited for the last two!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I saw a youtube video where someone supposedly enhanced the audio between Sawyer & Kate. "I have a daughter in Alabama. You need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry," he says.

Along the Path of the Beam NeverAgain is on a distinguished road NeverAgain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I saw a youtube video where someone supposedly enhanced the audio between Sawyer & Kate. "I have a daughter in Alabama. You need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry," he says.
    THATS what I wanted to ask about. The phone call sounded like a reversed message. That's cool! I figured that was what he said to her.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I didn't think it could be anything else, imo.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I don't think Jack was ever meant to lead the others -- he wasn't even on "the list" of good people. It's been Locke all the way, even from the time he was a child, tested like the Dalai Lama.

I think that Jin and Daniel might have survived and been swept away to wherever (and whenever) the island went.
    I'm pretty sure they are going to have Daniel make it back to the island, .....there are to many holes in his story, it's not over!

I think Jin is dead for sure(see last post by me) b/c Daniel Dae Kim got a DUI.
    I like Sun without him though! She is turning into a real badass.

The phone call said something like "you have to go back blah blah" that's why kate was telling Aaron she was sorry. She is sorry b/c she has to take him back there. I put a link underneath
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=x2203errLVY"]YouTube - LOST Season 4 Finale - Kate's Phonecall (SPOILER)[/ame]

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, the phone call is backwards -- if you reverse it, the message says you have to go back. Shades of Twin Peaks!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    That would be Cynthia Watros, one of my favorite actresses ever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_Watros

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

Ok...Ben...greatest villian in recent TV memory for me. In the ranks of the Cigarette Smoking Man and others. Great episode for him! I hope they go back and actually show the time traveling to the desert after he moves the island.
    That is kind of what they showed in the finale. I knew that is how Ben's season would end. Actually showing Ben going through time and space would be cheesy and unnecessary. If you can put 2 and 2 together you can figure out how he got there.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I disagree. I want to see it.
    I can put 2 and 2 together and I still want to see the actual time travel.

You "knew" huh? I've read that before...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I can put 2 and 2 together and I still want to see the actual time travel.
    I'm with you on that one! I was hoping that they would show it too. I also wouldn't mind knowing how (by just turning the wheel) the island moved.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I would like to see specifics on the island move as well Ricky. It's good to know that some of us don't "have all the answers"...

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd also like to know how Ben seemed to be up on current events right after he travelled, he seemed to know just how to get to Sayid.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

three more season to answer all these questions, and more...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

season 5 doesn't come on untill Jan. 09
    There are only 2 more seasons . 10 is going to be the last year.

I agree though, this makes it more like a badass miniseries rather than a show that goes on and on dragging stuff out untill you don't even care what happens anymore.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Also, about Christian: Does anyone really think he is still alive and just faking? I don't think so! He is just the second in command in Jacob's "ghost" posse which is rapidly increasing in size (Christian, Claire, Dharma guy, Charlie, Eko?, and now Locke?)
    I actually thought it showed that Christian may now be an incarnation of the island itself. For example, Tom told Mike (In Meet Kevin Johnson) that the island wouldn't let him die until he'd taken care of the unfinished business. So when Christian said "You can go now!" I supposed it to be the voice of the island.
    In this vein, perhaps Jacob is also an incarnation of the island - originally a survivor of the Black Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Sawyer calling Frank (the Chopper Pilot) Kenny Rogers!! :-)
    I also thought that was hilarious!!
    Notice though how Sawyer had reverted back to using nicknames (except for Hurley) in the finale. It seems that now Kate has spurned him for Jack he's retreating back into his shell. But him jumping from the 'copter was just too cool, I agree (like someone else said) that he partly did it for Hurley, but I think he mostly did it because Kate has chosen Jack, so he felt like there was nothing worth leaving for.
    I can totally see him and Juliet having some kind of commisatory relationship...but I hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    • What is Charlotte's previous experience with the island?
    Ok, every season I like to have a totally far fetched theory and this is my one for season 5 I'm wondering if Charlotte is Ben's biological daughter.
    She said to Daniel, as her explanation of why she wanted to stay on the island, that she was still looking for her birthplace.
    I think possibly she is Ben and Annie's child. Ben said that a select few were spared during the Dharma purge - I'll bet Annie was one of them and that when he found out she was pregnant he made sure she left the island.
    Perhaps he doesn't even know? But if he did, it could be a sentimental reason why he bought Alex up himself (rather than give her to one of the Others that were a couple for instance).

All in all, I really enjoyed the finale

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Great finale! Here is something to think about. The orchid had a very familiar background sound...the same as the original hatch...which had something huge that had been blcoked by concrete after an "incident" The numbers were used to keep it in check.

The island-moving mechanism made exactly the same sound the hatch did when it went out of control...only to be stopped by Desmond.

I think that there was a very similar mechanism in the hatch. That after the incident, it kept trying to do what it was supposed to do...move the island. But desmond stopped it...and only the hatch teleported away intead of the whole island.

Thoughts?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing about the noise, but hadn't considered what you've just said about the previous hatch - great idea, I really like it and it explains what happened to Desmond

There was a programme on after the finale in the UK, where they interviewed Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse. They said the "how" of how the island was moved was very similar to what happens in a h____ tunnel...but I've forgotten what the H word is

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought the same thing about the noise, but hadn't considered what you've just said about the previous hatch - great idea, I really like it and it explains what happened to Desmond

There was a programme on after the finale in the UK, where they interviewed Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse. They said the "how" of how the island was moved was very similar to what happens in a h____ tunnel...but I've forgotten what the H word is
    Sweet avatar! I searched on clues from your post and found this tidbit about the Large Hadron Collider. I wondered if they were going there with this.

Note: There is another awesome Josh Holloway picture by that article.

Razz, you'll note the final comment of the article:

If ever there was a time for a David Tennant guest-shot on the show as a mysterious stranger who shows up and saves the day with a quaff and a quip, it may be at the start of the next season to sort things out.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post
    There are only 2 more seasons .
    Not if you count season 7...the zombie season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet avatar!
    Isn't he!

I searched on clues from your post and found this tidbit about the Large Hadron Collider. I wondered if they were going there with this.
    Woofer, you bloody legend!! That is exactly it!!

Damon and Carlton said that when they saw the picture of the Hadron tunnel, it reminded them of the Dharma logo:

You can see what they mean

My Mood
    Worried

Oh hell yes. That is awesome.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, this may have already been discussed, but I was recently watching the orientation video for The Swan, and the scientist identifies himself as Dr. Marvin Candle.

In The Orchid video, the scientist identifies himself as Dr. Edgar Haliwax.

As far as I can tell they are the same person (Actor Francois Chau).

What is the deal?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

I think Halowax is his real name since it was on his parka.

The other orientation films were fake/he was lying about the station's purpose.
    So I am guessing he went by a made up name in those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 158 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast