Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 158 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

for all we know, yes. this is true. i have nothing to back up what I believe. bogus.

i came across this on one of the sites. this is spoilerish, but only in the sense that it gives away the centricity of one of the upcoming episodes, and the time/age of the character. There is another set of spoilers within these that you might want to be surprised by. So, if that doesn't bother you, read on.

Mattrick. Steer clear.

Spoiler:
    Episode 11 is a Locke episode! It starts at his birth, but there are scenes with him in high school too. So it may cover his entire childhood. I'm very psyched about this! and on top of that
    Spoiler:
    Richard Alpert was seen shooting scenes at the hospital during the birth. So he may be there to witness the birth of John Locke! That's so crazy I don't even know what to say.

Along the Path of the Beam NeverAgain is on a distinguished road NeverAgain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Desmond-centric episodes are the lynch pin for the entire series. We know for a fact that Desmond had consciously went back in time. We know that Minkowski went back in time. We also know that Eloise went back in time too.

Eloise was different though. We were seeing it from the other end. The past, while everyone else was from the future. Or we can say that Eloise went forward in time, and came back with that knowledge. Either way, imagine how much power you would have with that knowledge.

Who have we learned has some serious power? Who do we see actions fall perfectly in place for? What enemy gives our heroes the info they think they need, but the info is useless?

Ben. Is he just a lucky SOB? Is fate there for him? Nope. My theory suggests that he was also affected by the Island's 'thinny', if you will. I suggest at some time he went into the future, or his future self went into the past, and using his 'con' abilities, he was able to manipulate things to fall under his control. My guess is he knew of certain events that were going to happen. If he knows about the future, then he knows that he would not die in custody, or when Jack pulled that trigger.

So to get back to what you guys are talking about, maybe Ben truly knew that Anthony Cooper would get into a car accident. I'm willing to go as far as he was scheduled to die by fate, but Ben changed that. I'm guessing you can't change fate, but Ben probably knew that you could bend the rules a bit. Ben saved Anthony's life, and brought him to the island to die. He appeases fate, and gains creepy points from Locke by bringing Cooper there.

I think Ben still has one fear and that's fate. He used to feel in total control, and I think when he discovered his tumor, he was reminded that fate was truly in control. There is a slight hint of helplessness when Ben is on screen. He always has the right thing to say, and things seem to go his way, but there is still that tiny out of control look that he has.

So what is Ben's constant? The wooden doll that Annie had given him. Or we may find out that Annie is still alive, and she is his constant.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the warning Mike
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, is anyone else going through withdraw besides me?

The way the ending was for the last episode literally made me say out loud, "This can't be the end!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am. I heard that they are trying to extend the season finale from 2 hours to 3. How much longer do we have to wait? Just under 2 weeks...?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*Minor Spoilers*

Yeah, new ones start up on the 24th. As far as I'm concerned, that's years away. I'm really eager to find out about the deal with the smoke monster and the "Temple". I also want them to show the couple surviving "Others".

I can't wait any longer!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Things I want to see:

Alpert and the Temple

Smokey!

Matthew Abbadon (creepy dude that works for Widmore)

Oh shit, I can't wait for LOST to return! i just saw a preview for the next episode, and ......got no words, brother.

it also seems to answer the question of who killed Karl and shot Rousseau.

Oh I heard that too, about the finale.

According to Kristin on E! Online, Steve McPherson has signed off on the extra hour for Lost. This means we get a three hour season finale! The first hour will be aired on May 15th, then a mini hiatus, and finally the second and third hours of the finale on May 29th.

"Word is there are so many big reveals the producers wanted to deliver this season that they felt anything less than a full three-hour finale would have cheated the fans. In fact, I'm hearing that the writers' draft for the second half of the finale was 80 pages long, which led all parties involved to realize these stories had to be told now. Anything else would have felt like a rip-off for the fans"
    derrsh!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

They announced today that the finale will be two hours on May 29th. The show will not air on May 22nd, which is the night of the two-hour Grey's Anatomy finale.

Country
    Country Flag

I sure how we don't have any unforeseen scheduling problems that prevent ABC from showing next year's episodes with no breaks like we were supposed to have this year. I hate breaks, no matter if they are one week or longer. Stupid writer's strike.

Anyway, I can't wait to see who is in the coffin...we are supposed to find out by this season's end....

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Monte...everyone...please refrain from posting stuff you've heard about stuff that's going to happen. I'd rather not know that. Knowing that will change my viewing experience. Now, I'll be wondering each time, "is this the coffin episode?" With it in mind, I'll probably guess what's going on before the reveal.

It may be picky, but I want to go in without knowing [I]anything[I] that's supposed to happen.

Last season, someone told me four people would die in one espisode. Instead of just watching stuff unfold, I mostly thought about which four. When they did, I didn't have the same reaction I would have had if I hadn't know.

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't turn the last page of each DT book to see what was going to happen. I want to witness things as they unfold and develop.

Now...it's a request of mine. Despite how this post may look, I'm not mad, and I like everyone here....it's why I keep coming back!

Country
    Country Flag

Um, this is marked as a spoiler thread and EVERYONE here has posted something similar to what I've done. It is guessing and speculating. I will continue to speculate in a spoiler thread just as everyone else has.

Sorry if you don't like that.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Grillsligner but the thread is marked with a spoiler warning.

I think people are also very good at putting spoiler code around anything that is earth shattering to give people that are reading the thread s choice.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Not too big a deal. I'm in another forum where the spoiler warning in the title mens that you better be caught up.

I do appreciate you guys marking the big spoilers!

Like you said,

Country
    Country Flag

This really isn't in regard to LOST discussion, but I thought I'd share what I received (photos are better quality and laarger in person) ...

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are cool as hell Ricky--where did you get them?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Matt! As well as being a King addict, I'm also an autograph collector. I'm currently working on LOST cast.

As to how I received them, I sent a letter, SASE, postage, and photos to Michael Emerson and asked if he would mind signing them. (It's not SK related, but) If you wanted I could get some autographs to donate to the giveaway for the fundraiser.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maybe there should be two threads for Lost? One that's non-spoiler, and this one?

One week! This show is like drugs, dammit.

Country
    Country Flag

I went to High's and played the lottery today. Can anyone guess which numbers I used?

If I end up winning, I am going to be seriously creeped out!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah sorry Grill, but I too am of the opinion that speculating and theorizing need not be spoilered...its what following shows like Lost and Heroes are all about, although I think clues given in podcasts etc should be spoilered as they're coming from a more direct source...thats for you, Mattrick

Back to business - I don't think Rousseau was killed either. Mostly because shes still such an enigma and theres so much backstory to be filled in.
    Spoiler:
    On the podcasts, its been hinted that season 5 will be quite rife with Rousseau flashbacks.

Good call on the shooters being from the freighter, Mattrick. I'd missed that - I must rewatch this season before its back on tv (4th may over here.)

Along the Path of the Beam NeverAgain is on a distinguished road NeverAgain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Also, the date on the grave said 9/24, 2004, the day of the plane crash.
    Going from that info, it looks like I may be way off.

Which begs the question, why would that date be put on the grave?
    The date the plane crashed. Which would mean according to the world Jin didn't survive the plane crash. Which means there was no body in that graved. Seemed strange to me, though. Who would have handled that I wonder.

Although Jin may be dead in the future, it's good to know that for right now, his character will still be one the show
    I don't think Jin's dead. We know that some of the Six are lying to protect the other survivors or maybe lying for something more. My guess is that Sun was left out of the loop, cause the others KNEW she would want to go back for him. They probably lied to her that Jin died, but had her go along with the secret. Hurley was there to make sure things went ok, just as Jack went to make sure Hurley was behaving in the premiere. Kate has her own secret that the others aren't too happy with, but exposing her, exposes the secret. This is why Jack didn't want to have anything to do with her 'motherly' ways. Anyway, back to the tombstone. The tombstone is just something to show that the lie is being covered up.

I have no problem at all with guessing, speculation and such. It was this comment
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    we are supposed to find out by this season's end....
    It specifies something that IS going to happen. And again...I'm not terribly upset about it. Just wanted to clarify. Speculat away. Speculation is why I read the thread!

Here...a peace offering.

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hail Grillslinger, I feel your pain. I'm not overly ruffled, as I found some things that we're supposed to find out by this season end, who in the casket being among them, but it's something I always knew would be revealed anyways.

I agree with Lisa, that information regarding any information from the creators on the podcasts or magazine/newspaper articles should be spoilerized, at least if we haven't discovered it out through watching the show. We can talk about podcasts unspoilerized until we're all blue in the face as long as it doesn't reveal something unknown to us...

Although them flat out saying Mikhail IS DEAD seemed to be needed. I guess some people thought a grenade exploding in his face wasn't evidenc enough Some people STILL think he's alive lol

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

oh yeah, just a few more days left

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aww crap! I just realized I'll be leaving the country Thursday morning and I won't get back until May 5th. That's a lot of Lost to miss.

I will DVR it, but it's not the same as watching the new episodes the night they premire with my friends.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 158 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast