Page 133 of 158 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want all my questions answered! Lol. SPOILER ALERT!

- Why did people keep seeing Walt on the island while he was still alive?
    - Why isn't Kate a candidate?
    - What exactly is going on in the flash-sideways?
    - How did the island come to be?
    - Why can't women give birth on the island?
    - What is the light?
    ... That's all for now. Headache.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    is there an episode this Tuesday, or is the finale just this Sunday starting at 7pm?
    Yup, the penultimate episode titled,
    Spoiler:
    What They Died For
    airs this Tuesday. The finale is Sunday the 23rd, like you said, with the clip show from 7-9pm and the actual episode from 9pm-11:30pm.

Wow, has anyone realized that the finale will be the longest episode of Lost ever?

Thanks! And yes! I'm so excited about the super long LOST episode!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Lost is a great name for the series.....you miss one episode and you are.

Still beats the crap out of all the isipid reality shows.
    Watching my cats lick their genitals beats the crap out of insipid reality shows.

ETA: I can film this if people have nothing to watch.
    Think of some of the shows people consider entertaining. You could post video on the net and charge and likely end up wealthy. Just call it reality tv.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    I want all my questions answered! Lol. SPOILER ALERT!

- Why did people keep seeing Walt on the island while he was still alive?
    - Why isn't Kate a candidate?
    - What exactly is going on in the flash-sideways?
    - How did the island come to be?
    - Why can't women give birth on the island?
    - What is the light?
    ... That's all for now. Headache.

lol
    I would love if they have an answer for the first one. I do know they will answer some of the other questions. Just not gonna tell you which. 2 more days to go

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i often wondered about where i had seen the actor Nestor Carbonell (Richard). then i remembered this sitcom with brook shields called Suddenly Susan. he played the photographer on that show

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    First of all, what I am telling is completely different from Sayid's situation. I think Jacob didn't kill his brother who has been unconscious before he went down to the light. So that would explain the rules still standing and the body Jacob found. I also believe ''the rules'' thing is supernatural. They are unable to kill each other...
    Yes, it is different from Sayid in that Sayid was dead and MiB was unconcious, I posted so fast that I didnt really stop and think about that...but what made me think of Sayid is that I felt like they were showing us the MiB potentially drowning in the water then coming back, to mirror Sayid's rebirth in the spring - like I think they were hinting that the pool/light is the origin of the spring.
    I see your point.
    I think Jacob's brother was uncoscious before going into the light but his real body was dead after his soul turned/merged(IMHO, the right word is ''turned'', here) into the black smoke in the pit.

Remember we saw Locke's corpse, at the same moment fake Locke was in Jacob's place watching Ben killing Jacob, under the Statue. That explains the skeleton.
    No, it still doesn't explain the skeleton - because the MiB had assumed the appearance of Locke, Locke hadn't become the smoke monster/MiB.
    Lisa, I think it explains the whole thing. I believe, the skeleton is the real body of Jacob's brother. Smokey/The soul of MIB/Whoever it is, replicates the body of the dead to have a surrogate, he doesn't take the bodies. The original body of the dead remains, and in a long time turns into skeletons, while our guy is walking around with an exact copy of the corpses. I mean, the body of Jacob's bother we saw alive and talking to Richard after the Jacob threw him into the light was just the same thing with talking, walking fake Locke's body while real body of Locke was lying in the coffin. So, it would be the same with Jack's father.
    But, there is something we don't know: Why does he have to change the body from time to time? Maybe this will remain unanswered too.

I remember fake mother saying every man has some piece of that light, but I don't remember her saying it is ''soul''.
    yes sorry, that was just my interpretation of it. maybe I'm just equating light with good, when really she could have meant a small piece of evil?
    I think light is not only good.
    What we have learned about it untill now:
    1-It is the brightest and warmest light,
    2-A little bit of this very same light is in every man, but they always want more.
    3-The reason Jacob, the brother and her being there is the light, and they have to protect it from human who come, fight, corrupt.
    4-There is life, death, rebirth in the light. It's the source, the heart of the island.
    5-Going down into the light would be much worse than dying.
    I think it has the bad and the good. Black and white. Death and life.
    Don't insult me please, I am about to explain my theory about the light.
    I believe(yes it is more like a belief than a thought), the light is a catalyst. A kind of activator or... umm... a kind of stimulator.
    What if Jacob was the one going into the light?
    Would there be black smoke? I think there is a possibility for a white smoke, not killing but giving life.

I also think that this is the reason he turned into the black smoke. The light brought his darkness to the surface and made it grow because an amount of the light has been taken.

She said it was something that would cause an event worse than death which is what happened to Jacob's brother who once said that Jacob had taken his body.
    Jacob had taken his body? I don't remember that bit - what did he mean?

It's so easy to misunderstand each other, plus I change my mind on my Lost theories every 5 seconds
    That's why I am glad to discuss this with you. I keep thinking of Lost and remembering something else everytime, and I change my mind.

Here is the video of that moment:
    [ame=http://s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy168/melikeb/lost/?action=view&current=S06E09MIBRichard.flv][/ame]
    I think he means that Jacob is the reason he lost his real, permenant body. And he can't leave the island in the shape of smoke. He needs a body.
    Last edited by Melike; 07-30-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Matt, I think this is the photo that we're both talking about:

Of course, it looks much more amazing on TV.
    LOVE that picture. Is there a bigger one that I can use for my background. The producers have said they are big fans of Stephen King and The dark Tower. But that scene just screams Dark Tower to me.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I see your point.
    I think Jacob's brother was uncoscious before going into the light but his real body was dead after his soul turned/merged(IMHO, the right word is ''turned'', here) into the black smoke in the pit.
    Yes, I've also come to think this However, Damon and Carlton have said that not every dead person we've seen on the island has been the smoke monster. Some of the dead people are simply ghosts (as we found out regarding the whispers) so when the MiB saw his dead mother that could have been smokey, but it could also have really been her (which I think it was). So, I think what I'm saying here is - yes, I think the smoke monster already existed before the MiB fell in, but perhaps it was trapped and the sacrifice made by his body/life released it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike
    Lisa, I think it explains the whole thing. I believe, the skeleton is the real body of Jacob's brother. Smokey/The soul of MIB/Whoever it is, replicates the body of the dead to have a surrogate, he doesn't take the bodies. The original body of the dead remains, and in a long time turns into skeletons, while our guy is walking around with an exact copy of the corpses.
    Yes! I totally get you now

I believe(yes it is more like a belief than a thought), the light is a catalyst. A kind of activator or... umm... a kind of stimulator.
    Would there be black smoke? I think there is a possibility for a white smoke, not killing but giving life.
    I like that Although, I disagree that the MiB ws bad (before the smoke monster took him), I know we're probably supposed to think now that he's bad and Jacob was good, but it seemed to me that the MiB was much more fair and logical than Jacob, he cared for Jacob and wanted to include him in all he did, even to leave the island with him - and Jacob was the one who was jealous of him, beat him twice, tricked Jack et al on to the island in the first place...I really don't support Team Jacob at all

Thanks for finding that clip, that was so sweet of you

I like that Although, I disagree that the MiB ws bad (before the smoke monster took him), I know we're probably supposed to think now that he's bad and Jacob was good, but it seemed to me that the MiB was much more fair and logical than Jacob, he cared for Jacob and wanted to include him in all he did, even to leave the island with him - and Jacob was the one who was jealous of him, beat him twice, tricked Jack et al on to the island in the first place...I really don't support Team Jacob at all

You are right. I don't think he MIB was bad before the smoke monster. I think the light makes small part of it that is inside you, makes it grow. I couldn't find an exact word for it. MIB was feeling betrayed at the time, and he had just killed his fake mother who had destroyed his hopes and his people, and his real mother. So he had bad feelings and thoughts inside. It seemed to me the light made these stronger.

Your welcome, Lisa.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I like that - he was in a dark place internally and it amplified it...cool!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Double posting badness

I just watched Across The Sea again and listened to the last podcast - which was awesome, so give it a whirl if you haven't already - and I have a theory! I think that...well, actually I believe I've said this before, but I think Smokey/MiB sort of is the island now. The black smoke is like the manifestation of the islands heart or soul, if you like. The mother says to the boys that if the light ever goes out, it will go out everywhere and that suddenly reminded me of Charles Widmore saying that if the MiB ever left the island everything would end - so doesn't that mean the MiB has become the light?

I know this is what Melike and I have pretty much been discussing anyway, but I just wanted to definitively state it so that if I'm right I can do the "I got an internet theory right happy dance"

Any predictions anyone, from now until the end?

Double posting badness

I just watched Across The Sea again and listened to the last podcast - which was awesome, so give it a whirl if you haven't already - and I have a theory! I think that...well, actually I believe I've said this before, but I think Smokey/MiB sort of is the island now. The black smoke is like the manifestation of the islands heart or soul, if you like. The mother says to the boys that if the light ever goes out, it will go out everywhere and that suddenly reminded me of Charles Widmore saying that if the MiB ever left the island everything would end - so doesn't that mean the MiB has become the light?

I know this is what Melike and I have pretty much been discussing anyway, but I just wanted to definitively state it so that if I'm right I can do the "I got an internet theory right happy dance"

I am totally with you on the reason why MIB can't leave the island.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everyone on the island dies and then the losties from the sideways world show up on the island.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    I enjoyed the episode very much. I think people are asking for too many answers. Does it really matter how their mother got to the island? Am i the only one that wasn't bothered that we didn't find out MIB's name? It will come into play by the series end, i believe.

This episode deserves multiple viewings. There were a lot of things thrown at us last night. It was a trippy, mystical ride, and i loved it. I don't want everything to be answered by the end of the series. At least not the little things.

I cant get into this more here at work, but will be back to share some thoughts when i get home tonight.

enjoy your day, everybody!
    Excellent post! and my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by arrawyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I really liked the episode
    but I'm still frustrated at not getting smokey's name
    They were blatantly teasing us with it
    I don't think he HAS a name. His real mother said that she'd only picked one name. I think he's truly nameless.
    I thought that same thing - that he doesn't have a name either because his mom had only picked one.

I was reading back (just a few pages, not all 131!) and i'm glad to see its not just me who is frustrated and having possibly more questions rather than answers (or at least not the answers we want answered!).

Like:
    kind of spoiler
    , and then Jack mentions about the polar bear - like WTF? are they gonna explain that?

And my husband (as i just said above) is super behind but asked me a few questions about it (i.e. do you know what the black smoke is- and i said i don't know, maybe lol). and he asked has Walt been back - and i was like oh yeah, WHERE IS Walt?!?! i thought they had a lot more to explain about his abilities and stuff!

so annoying.

older ep spoiler
    anyways, enough rambling on Lost from me for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    Like:
    kind of spoiler
    , and then Jack mentions about the polar bear - like WTF? are they gonna explain that?
    First of all, hello there. Secondly...

That flashback is from season 1. when jack brings them all to the caves (or the ones willing to go, anyway). The polar bears were brought there by DHARMA and kept in the cages at Hydra Island.

I kind of wished they hadn't put the flashbacks in, though. We would have realized what it meant!! and if we didn't, we sure would when we rewatched that episode from season 1.

And my husband (as i just said above) is super behind but asked me a few questions about it (i.e. do you know what the black smoke is- and i said i don't know, maybe lol). and he asked has Walt been back - and i was like oh yeah, WHERE IS Walt?!?! i thought they had a lot more to explain about his abilities and stuff!

so annoying.
    The last time we saw Walt, John Locke had left the island and Widmore's boy, Matt Abaddon, was taking him to try to round up the Jack and Co. He met with Walt, but decided not to involve him in heading back to the island. And we never see him again. The actor grew out of the part, so it became difficult to keep him in the story. Sucks.
    I thought at one point fake mom has called BIB (boy in black) Milo, and i was so excited that i had a name, then i realised she had called him my love

I always thought the polar bears were brought over because of walt - way back when in the early days it should him having some kind of powers, and then he was reading the polar bear magazine and then polar bears were there. Now it sucks that it was the dharma crew that brought them over

i loved the episode, but could have done with a 2 hour special for the brothers. It annoying in a way thats its so close to the end, as i would have liked to have found out more about them. But i am more for smokie now than for jacob

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Four more hours!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I should be excited, but I'm kind of blah about it. Maybe because it's the (almost) end? Not enough time with too much ground to cover? I don't know.

I will be doing this tonight though:

IN CELEBRATION OF THE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON FOR LOST, ABC AND VERIZON GIVE FANS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY FAREWELL

Selected Messages from Fans will be Used On-Air During Retrospective Special

In celebration of the sixth and final season for LOST, ABC and Verizon will give fans a unique opportunity to participate and say goodbye to one of the most iconic shows of all-time. Fans will need to watch LOST on Tuesday, May 18 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) in order to get a special short code to text in their farewell messages. Once submitted, you will be sent additional messages asking for your first name, first initial of your last name, city/state, and confirming receipt of your submission. Only Verizon customers are eligible to participate and all text entries must be received within 30 minutes after the special short code is aired on ABC. Message and data rates may apply.

Selected messages and the sender's first name, first initial of last name and city/state will then be shown on-air on Sunday, May 23 during the retrospective special, LOST: The Final Journey, from 7:00-9:00 p.m., ET, which takes a look back over the past six seasons of this groundbreaking show that precedes the highly anticipated series finale from 9:00-11:30 p.m. E.T.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You are right. I don't think he MIB was bad before the smoke monster. I think the light makes small part of it that is inside you, makes it grow. I couldn't find an exact word for it. MIB was feeling betrayed at the time, and he had just killed his fake mother who had destroyed his hopes and his people, and his real mother. So he had bad feelings and thoughts inside. It seemed to me the light made these stronger.

Your welcome, Lisa.
    I love this idea
    I hadn't really though much about it before, but it makes complete sense.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll do it if I can get the message in on time. Tonight's episode was screened on Saturday at Lost Live, and, by all accounts, it's great.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope it is Spencer, because I've heard the exact opposite.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I hope it is Spencer, because I've heard the exact opposite.
    No!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Heather. Though it may be just the people who are like "These answers aren't answers! What about who filled out Shannon's inhaler perscription? what shade of white were the polar bears? why didn't Dharma use better video equipment for the orientation videos?"

Oh, by the way. Check your notifications soon. I remembered something.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and! As for the alternate endings that will be shown on the Jimmy Kimmel thing...
    Spoiler:
    It's just a spoof thing that the JK show has organised, not teaser endings to throw people off the trail of the real ending or anything.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, okay. I like that alot better.
    Spoiler:
    That way it won't feel like we are choosing our own ending. It'll be much more definitive.

EDIT: Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a copt of the LOST Collector's Edition copy of EW? Everyone seems to have stocked their shelves with the new issue and I can't find the LOST issue other than on EW.com...and I don't want to pay shipping.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Hrm. Uncertain. Insufficient Richard. Unsatisfying Widmore/Zoe. Almost emo Sawyer. Hrmph.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

It must be digested. I was overwhelmed with LOST craziness. i also drank a 40 (and felt like i was in high school), and possibly smoked a little. But I loved the episode.

Spoiler:
    First of all. Desmond in the Sideways = Amazing. He's the man. And FINALLY, Locke wants to be a Candidate for sugery.

But whoa. Jacob. Camp fire. Remaining Candidates. Story time. All of you were flawed. Goosebumps. It just felt good. Jack steps up. KNOWS its his place. Journey to the Light/reunion with Daddy? Probably.

Kate became a mother. I buy that as a reason to nix her from The List.

I have so much to say, but need to think about it first.

p.s. Did Richard really get the Smokey Uppercut of Eternal Extermination or what?

AND

p.p.s. Ben is fulking awesome in both Island AND Sideways worlds. Holy Crispity Crap Basket!

....only one more Lost night left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 158 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast