Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 158 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still wanna see how Hurley went from all rational and duded up visiting Sun to crashing into shit and begging to be put in the looney bin.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I still wanna see how Hurley went from all rational and duded up visiting Sun to crashing into shit and begging to be put in the looney bin.
    They told us that in Episode one of this season.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    They told us that in Episode one of this season.
    which is being rerun tonight!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Oooh I'll have to check it out again. I didn't see an explanation, I just saw Hurley running, cops chasing, and Hurley saying yay when he got to go to the nuthouse. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty straight forward actually. He saw Charlie in the store and started freaking out and he tore out in his car which led towards the chase. He actually wanted to be put in the institution lol. I love that part.

I've got all 8 episodes on my brothers PVR so I'll watch them all again during this five week break. April 24th is the next episode as far as I know.

Fav episodes this season:

The Beginning of the End
    The Constant
    Meet Kevin Johnson

Country
    Country Flag

Aw crap I forgot about him seeing Charlie in the store.

I only remembered him seeing Charlie later. I'm all old and senile and stuff.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite episode so far was Desmond's (is that The Constant?). That one simply kicked major ass.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw crap I forgot about him seeing Charlie in the store.

I only remembered him seeing Charlie later. I'm all old and senile and stuff.
    lol. It happens to the best of us.

Man, I'm more against podcasts now than ever. I was on a Facebook group ADDICTED to Lost and discussing theories. Half of the replies people saying 'that can't be they said this in a podcast or they said that, christian can't be this or that, he's undead, they just said that on the 21st don't you know anything?' I'm trying to have a theoritcal discussion on Lost, solely on the hints left in the show. Regardless of whether they give information away or simply clarifying it, It's almost made me want to stop discussing the show on the internet. I later learn that during this podcast they were laughing hysterically while talking about who was undead and who wasn't. I wonder if they were even the least bit serious about it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

btw, above post my point was I like theorizing and the only facts I want to know about Lost is what is seen on TV. If they don't directly reveal something I'd like it to be a fact. The show is about mystery and intrigue, know exactly which others are dead (Mikhail for instance). So many people think he's still alive (as if he could survive a grenade blowing up in his face) but those people should've waited the next three years only to not see him. I'm so sick of people telling me I am wrong about Christian being alive. Considering we don't know for sure, no one, I'm not sure how I can be wrong.

My theory in a nutshell is that Christian Shepard once had a connection to Dharma, to the island. For all we know they could throw some loop where Christian is Jacob, reborn off island. Regardless, I think it's the island that caused him to drink or his connection to it. Some sort of guilt or issue he couldn't explain to anyone. Jack wasn't able to understand what that feeling was like or even be able to comprehend such talk of the island. We see in the flash forward how Jack is very much, if not even worse than Christian himself was. We are pretty much told the island did it to him. Him, Jack and Claire being on the island can't just be coincidence. I've always felt Christian was an important character and I still think his role and impact will be great before the shows over. Whether or not he's alive is debatable, but all I know is it's going to be great tv.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

We don't know that things happened in that order.

For all we know, Hurley went FROM crashing into shit and begging to be put in the looney bin TO all rational and duded up visiting Sun.

Traveler Crandyman is on a distinguished road Crandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    We don't know that things happened in that order.

For all we know, Hurley went FROM crashing into shit and begging to be put in the looney bin TO all rational and duded up visiting Sun.
    I don't think the timeline fits that scenario. Since we know that women on the island die in the middle of the second trimester it can be deduced that she (as well as the other Oceanic 6) get rescued within the next few weeks. That means from where we are in current island-time to when Hurley shows up at Sun's door, is approximately 5 months. So, that would imply that Hurley arrived stateside, has a rapid decline in mental health, gets arrested, placed in Santa Rosa mental hospital, AND gets well enough to look dapper at Sun's house. That, to me, just seems a bit rushed for the time frame that we are looking at.

*sigh*

...and wouldn't ya know, I came here to get away from LOST talk and already I have opened my damn mouth on the subject.

*runs back to literary discussion*

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hurley definitely sees Sun before.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qamB26x6ods"]YouTube - The Michael Walt Story[/ame]
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Think it would've been better without that 1:30 second intro into the joke and it went on at least 30 seconds too long but the idea behind it was great.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I later learn that during this podcast they were laughing hysterically while talking about who was undead and who wasn't. I wonder if they were even the least bit serious about it.
    They have an in joke that they will do a season 7 which will be the zombie season, bringing back only those that died on the show. That is constantly cracking them up and is not to be taken at all seriously.

When you've finished watching Lost in 2010, listen to the podcasts, Damon and Carlton are genuinely funny and although they are very serious about the show, I think part of their humour is bafflement at people spending so much time on the web debating it.

Country
    Country Flag

Lisa! You're back!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In full effect baby

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I later learn that during this podcast they were laughing hysterically while talking about who was undead and who wasn't. I wonder if they were even the least bit serious about it.
    They have an in joke that they will do a season 7 which will be the zombie season, bringing back only those that died on the show. That is constantly cracking them up and is not to be taken at all seriously.

When you've finished watching Lost in 2010, listen to the podcasts, Damon and Carlton are genuinely funny and although they are very serious about the show, I think part of their humour is bafflement at people spending so much time on the web debating it.
    I'll probably do that. I've only been a lost fan since October and this is my first season I've watched on air. I've gotten frustrated discussing it online and especially stopped with the theories.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It can detract from your enjoyment of the show, you can find yourself skimming over episodes looking for that one scene that will validate your theory I don't goto Lost boards anymore, its too hard to avoid spoilers.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

i've been losing my mind to this show. i've got two friends that just started the series a month ago. and i find myself over there, smoking bowls and watching episode after episode. they're actually about to finish season 3 already!! which is good, because they'll be able to catch up just before it returns in 15 days.

ah. so. how's everyone doing?

i'd just like to go back to season 3 for sec. I just saw The Brig(josh holloway's best performance on the show, in my opinion), and I'm still unsure about Anthony Cooper. The Island version of him anyway. I know we've talked about this before, but what the hell? is it really him? I believe that Ben and the Others have more than enough pull to create that accident and kidnap him, but it feels off. His character feels off. And as soon as he meets Sawyer in the Brig, his voice begins to take on a more southern accent. Is this the smoke monster appearing as Cooper? or some other manifestation the island is creating?

does anyone out there believe it's really Anthony Cooper (the man)?

ahhh. i hate waiting for this frickin' show.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, that was the real anthony cooper alright. No doubt in my mind.

Country
    Country Flag

Well Mike, everyone in this thread has been proved wrong plenty and I think it is entirely possible it wasn't the real Anthony Cooper. However, I really enjoyed the fact that Sawyer got to kill him, so I hope it was the real one.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Monte, for that reason, I'd like it to be the real him too. Otherwise, it might cheapen the revenge and closure that Sawyer achieved.

I don't know Mattrick. He could very well be the real Anthony Cooper, but I do have some doubts. He seemed almost like a demon. He was begging to be killed by both Locke and Sawyer. Taunting them to do it. Now that could just be because Cooper is an asshole anyway, and believes he's in Hell already. But he just came across as even more wicked than the guy we've seen before.

Just my thoughts.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe he really knew he been an asshole and maybe deep down he wanted to get killed. As a con man I'm sure he'd lie to himself a lot, too. For all we know Anthony Cooper was actually affected by what happened to the Fords but he had to move on to the next con and bury his feelings.

That's my take on it anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 158 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast