+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 158 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    Ok, anybody care to explain cuts on Jack's neck? Maybe I missed something....
    they were from when locke tried to stab him while they were on the cliff.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

phew - my little head is reelin, i have been to work so had to wait to come back and say hi

all i want to do now is get series one out and start a re-watch!!!

i had to watch the last half hour again before i left this morning as i missed an important line that christian said (christian shepherd - i can honestly say i never got that till the last hour - the shepherd bringing them all home- bless)

the line i missed was 'they have all died some before you and some many years after you' cause i thought the Aljird plane was going to crash so they would all be dead, and i thought thats what the plane wreckage was at the end.

as it was, i liked it, i just said to dr dodge, they have been giving answers out over the last few episodes, so really this last epiode was to say goodbye, and didnt they do a fine job. Just one thing - i wanted vincent in the church (i know sad cow aren't i)

i also like that there wasn't a big answer to the universe thing at the end, so anyone who hasn't watched it can still watch the series, if they find out through the internet how the series ended, - just because they know the ending doesn't mean they know the story (a little like the dark tower!)

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If there was a right way to end LOST, Damon and Carlton did it last night.

What an amazing, rollercoaster of a finale. I feel like there's so many parts worth mentioning and discussing, I don't know where to begin.

I was extremely shocked and satisfied with the explanation for the "alt" timeline. The reveal that it was actually the after-life was incredibly well done and paced and didn't feel forced at all.

I do have a couple thoughts/theories/questions about the finale though:

- If Jughead didn't create the "alt" timeline, the only thing it did do was bring the Losties back to the present, solidified by Jacob's "they're coming" in the season 5 finale?

- How does the sunken Island in the FS fit in with everything? Does the Island eventually "sink" and we just never see it?

- The FS originated on on alt-Oceanic 815, as that was the moment that started everything for the Losties, the catalyst for the most important parts of their lives, which is why some of the other "good" characters weren't at the church: Richard, Miles, etc.; they may have had their own important parts in their lives.

- Was anyone expecting more of Widmore's "there's a war coming"? I'm not complaining, just was expecting an actual war-like scenario.

Well, that's The End. Now what are we supposed to do?
    I agree about the alt. timeline. It was very well done.

- Yup, that's how I see it. Jughead only brought the Losties back to the present.

- This is what I don't understand. Why do we see the island under water? It's the one question I can't say for sure I understand, even with my theory: the island sinks in the far, far future; during judgment day -- at that time the island isn't needed anymore. Just a theory, though.

- Yes, I was expecting more about Charles and everything he claimed. I may have to rewatch the season (or series, lol) to get a better sense of what he meant by 'war', but for now I'm guessing he was just talking about the Man in Black.

There is nothing left on TV I'm interested in watching now. Lol. NOTHING.

It was being done for he could remember everything; to lead him in the right direction.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Question: What made MiB vulnerable? Did that happen because of what Desmond did in the cave? Presumably that's what made Richard start aging, too...except Richard started turning grey before Desmond went down the rabbit hole.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yep, i think so Bev. The plug was pulled makin MIB and richard mortal - and jack really as he should have been immortal - that the one point i didn't understand, if he had taken on the mantel of jacob why did he not become immortal again once the plug was in

In regards to the sunken island, that was part of the alt time line (that wasn't really alt)

I don't like the word purgatory for the alt line, as i always think of purgatory as being bad, but Jack seemed quite happy with his son and all. (that was bad, when i found out the son didn't exist - good casting though)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This is what I don't understand. Why do we see the island under water? It's the one question I can't say for sure I understand, even with my theory: the island sinks in the far, far future; during judgment day -- at that time the island isn't needed anymore. Just a theory, though.
    I think the island had no part in the "sideways" universe.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    That's right! Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    yep, i think so Bev. The plug was pulled makin MIB and richard mortal - and jack really as he should have been immortal - that the one point i didn't understand, if he had taken on the mantel of jacob why did he not become immortal again once the plug was in

I don't like the word purgatory for the alt line, as i always think of purgatory as being bad, but Jack seemed quite happy with his son and all. (that was bad, when i found out the son didn't exist - good casting though)
    Because by then he had already passed the mantle on to Hurley, essentially resigning from the job.

And I don't think of purgatory as bad. It's a way station en route from one place to the next. A place where people "work things out." As Matthew Fox said on Kimmel last night: "You have to remember your own death and all the people who were instrumental in your life." Depends on your religious beliefs--a place of purging.

Country
    Country Flag

As for Walt:
    Spoiler:
    http://mrtheodi.iimmgg.com/image/0e6...412ce6eba895b0 Here's a pic of the actor on the set for the finale. It's rumored that he shot a scene and it will appear on the DVD sets.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    That's right! Thanks man.
    no problem. It was pretty crazy towards the end so it's easy to forget.

Also I don't call it purgatory any more. I will for now on call it either the rest stop OR the bus depot.

Country
    Country Flag

As for Walt:
    Spoiler:
    http://mrtheodi.iimmgg.com/image/0e6...412ce6eba895b0 Here's a pic of the actor on the set for the finale. It's rumored that he shot a scene and it will appear on the DVD sets.
    I wonder why they didn't have him in the show. Putting him in the show as a deleted scene I think is a bunch of crap.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Walt and his dad got a sad ending. Walt's dad died, and he may probably never know.

Country
    Country Flag

Got this from another board.
    Why Mr. Eko wasn't in the finale...
    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ale_guest.html

Here are my lengthy ramblings about the finale: All dogs don't necessarily go to heaven

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    - This is what I don't understand. Why do we see the island under water? It's the one question I can't say for sure I understand, even with my theory: the island sinks in the far, far future; during judgment day -- at that time the island isn't needed anymore. Just a theory, though.

- Yes, I was expecting more about Charles and everything he claimed. I may have to rewatch the season (or series, lol) to get a better sense of what he meant by 'war', but for now I'm guessing he was just talking about the Man in Black.

There is nothing left on TV I'm interested in watching now. Lol. NOTHING.
    - Hmm, I was thinking that the Island may sink in the future too. But I'm still not sure if that's the best explanation.

- I guess that's a resonable answer: the "war" just being MIB and his plan. I don't know, I guess it just seemed like it was going to be all out explosions, gunshots, fighting, smoke monster action, etc.

Is everyone pleased with how the on-Island portion was wrapped up? Or did you want to see a little more?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish DT's ending was as good as this. I left completely satisfied.

I'm glad that Ben got the ending that he did. If King was writing the series, he'd probably get eaten by Vincent in the opening teaser. (Cheap shot, I know) Great final scene with him and Locke, and I love the idea of Ben and Hurley ruling the island.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

From The Onion:

'Lost' Possibly Still Airing In Parallel Dimension, Desperate Fans Report

Desperate fans of the recently concluded television series Lost are speculating that the program is continuing on in a parallel dimension somewhere, and that alternate versions of showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are currently writing new episodes of the series. "It's very possible that a sideways world running concurrent to our own exists, and that a facsimile of myself is happy, fulfilled, and already gearing up for the season seven premiere of Lost," said 36-year-old Kevin Molinaro, who, along with more than 20 million other hopeless fans, has recently booked multiple roundtrip tickets from Los Angeles to Australia in hopes of traveling through a vortex in the space-time continuum. "I just have to find a way to get there. We all do." According to data from Google analytics, searches for "How to build/detonate/use a hydrogen bomb to open up a multidimensional wormhole" have increased 10 millionfold since the episode aired

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Here are my lengthy ramblings about the finale: All dogs don't necessarily go to heaven
    "As Matthew Shepherd said on Jimmy Kimmel..."

Intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I love the idea of Ben and Hurley ruling the island.
    Me too. It reminds me alot of when they shared an Apollo bar in Cabin Fever. Even if Damon and Carlton didn't have the #1/#2 aspect of the finale in mind at the time, it's still pretty neat foreshadowing.

Oh, and I feel the need to say that after the finale, one of the anchors on my local news station was totally LOST. Pun intented. When talking about the LOST auction and saying "You could own John Lake's wheelchair," I totally lost respect for him. And that's not the first mistake he made.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

There are some great clips from the Times Talk Live event here. The final one is terrific.

Country
    Country Flag

Got this from another board.
    Why Mr. Eko wasn't in the finale...
    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ale_guest.html
    Why wasn't he in the finale? because he's a whiny little bitch that's why. Dude was an ass.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I'm 100% satisfied with how the show ended.

It was such a great ride.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

The season finale was one of the most moving things i've ever seen. I loved all of it, including the ending and the sideways reveal. I can't stop thinking about it. All the connections made in the "waiting room" world were brilliant, and each one brought on major tears. I'm thinking of Jin/Sun and Charlie/Claire as the really heavy ones. I was surprised and pleased with Sayid finding Shannon.

I'm going to have to come back after more thought on everything, but right now I feel like i'm on the verge of crying/barfing/smiling, and I've been in a zombie-like state all day, lost in thought, with images of last night's episode (as well as ones from the entire series) whizzing through my head. It was all about the characters and their own personal journeys, but also about how they helped on another and bonded together to create something greater than themselves.

And who's better than Jack? I've been a big fan of Doc Shepherd since the beginning, i even defended him when he was at his most dickish and stubborn, hoped for him to overcome the beard, the booze, and the pills when he finally hit rock bottom, and cheered when he turned himself around and became the dude he was supposed to be. I know they were setting him up for the big sacrifice, and i accepted it, and it was perfect.

I cried big tears when he embraced his father. all those years of pain and torment, and he could finally let go of it all. the scene with Jack stumbling through the bamboo forest to find rest at the exact same spot where he started, to die there with a smile on his face knowing he had a purpose, fulfilled it, and his friends would be safe, was so brilliant and poignant. And Vincent coming, once again, out of the jungle to lay beside Jack while he died.......it's like the sweetest, saddest thing i've ever seen. It will stay in memory for the rest of my life.

I know some people will be disappointed by the finale, but i can't even think about them right now, because i'm so satisfied with what they've done. I can only concentrate on what the show means to ME. Just like any faith, religion, or spirituality, one shouldn't try to convince someone to see it their way. They should only be concerned on what those things mean to them, personally. We have to discover things for ourselves. "No one can tell you where you are." Just like no one can tell you what this show meant to you, and no one can tell you what the finale should mean to you.

This has been the best television show i've ever seen, and i feel like i've gained something something supremely profound and enlightening.

And now i'm not sure what to do with myself.

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was a mess all day today. Normally I'm an uncaring unfeeling robot. Today I was one step away from tears with every other thought.

It was a happy/sad thing. Glad they all made it.

Best scene for me was Ben's apology to Locke.
    Also liked when Jack told Flocke he was going to kill him. That was awesome. You could see just a hint of fear in Flocke's face.

I'm peeved they left so much without an answer, for me the biggest question was "what was the Hurley bird" and "why was Walt special", stuff like that. But they side swiped me with the emotion deal. Turned me into a blubbery mess.

When that wears off, maybe I can kindle some anger over the non answers from over the years, but for now I am very content with the ending.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    The season finale was one of the most moving things i've ever seen. I loved all of it, including the ending and the sideways reveal. I can't stop thinking about it. All the connections made in the "waiting room" world were brilliant, and each one brought on major tears. I'm thinking of Jin/Sun and Charlie/Claire as the really heavy ones. I was surprised and pleased with Sayid finding Shannon.

I'm going to have to come back after more thought on everything, but right now I feel like i'm on the verge of crying/barfing/smiling, and I've been in a zombie-like state all day, lost in thought, with images of last night's episode (as well as ones from the entire series) whizzing through my head. It was all about the characters and their own personal journeys, but also about how they helped on another and bonded together to create something greater than themselves.

And who's better than Jack? I've been a big fan of Doc Shepherd since the beginning, i even defended him when he was at his most dickish and stubborn, hoped for him to overcome the beard, the booze, and the pills when he finally hit rock bottom, and cheered when he turned himself around and became the dude he was supposed to be. I know they were setting him up for the big sacrifice, and i accepted it, and it was perfect.

I cried big tears when he embraced his father. all those years of pain and torment, and he could finally let go of it all. the scene with Jack stumbling through the bamboo forest to find rest at the exact same spot where he started, to die there with a smile on his face knowing he had a purpose, fulfilled it, and his friends would be safe, was so brilliant and poignant. And Vincent coming, once again, out of the jungle to lay beside Jack while he died.......it's like the sweetest, saddest thing i've ever seen. It will stay in memory for the rest of my life.

I know some people will be disappointed by the finale, but i can't even think about them right now, because i'm so satisfied with what they've done. I can only concentrate on what the show means to ME. Just like any faith, religion, or spirituality, one shouldn't try to convince someone to see it their way. They should only be concerned on what those things mean to them, personally. We have to discover things for ourselves. "No one can tell you where you are." Just like no one can tell you what this show meant to you, and no one can tell you what the finale should mean to you.

This has been the best television show i've ever seen, and i feel like i've gained something something supremely profound and enlightening.

And now i'm not sure what to do with myself.
    Best. Post. Ever.

I completely felt the same you did, and could relate to the bold.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love your comments Mike, you really know how to bring some of this home.

We cried at the very satisfying moments of remembrance between the characters, Jin and Sun most of all. I thought each one of those was perfect and totally meaningful. I kept thinking Kate would trigger Jack for instance, made much more sense that it was the coffin.

Same thing with Sayid and Shannon...it was great to see Boone again for some reason, seeing his character made me a little sniffily.

I will have to live with the mystery's and understand that none of life's questions are ever simply handed to you, that's what makes it real. I do love the overall idea that the show was not about an island at all (except as its role as a true character in the series) but about people and character development. I am not suprised fans like us love this show.

Hurley running the island was all together fitting and proper. I would love a "further adventures of Hurley" type thing even though I know that can't happen.

I thought the best moment of the night was Locke walking up to Jack and saying how surprised he was that they went for the obvious choice.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 158 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast