Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 158 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I liked Dogan and wish he'd been brought in much earlier.

Regarding the Nozz-a-la logo difference: I understand that it was a DT reference. The logo was changed because of the resemblance to the Coca-Cola company logo.

I liked Mr. Eko because he was like John Wayne toilet paper: didn't take shit off of anyone.

Interestingly, I just retook the which LOST character are you quiz. Last year I got Charlie Pace. My results this year:

You are Benjamin Linus, the manipulative leader. You are a twisted SOB. You will do anything to get your way, even if it means sacrificing everyone around you. You had a troubling childhood, which has caused many of your problems today. You have serious trust issues. You will do anything to get your revenge – and boy, are you set on your revenge. Grudges don’t die easily with you. You’re an excellent liar and a brilliant strategist. In a few words, people just shouldn’t fuck with you.
    What a difference a year can make.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Just started season 3 of my rewatch, and I have to say how much I regret that Adewale asked to be written off the show. Mr.Eko was easily one of the most intriguing characters, and he could have been a force to be reckoned both visually and within a narrative perspective.
    I never understood why everyone seems to love Mr. Eko. He was never my favorite or most interesting character. I'll have to see if I still feel that way after I watch the series again.
    I think he is loved because of his potential. But since he quit and his storyline was cut short he ended up being kind of "meh" in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I don't get the season 6 hate. I thought it was formidable. Not what people were expecting or wanting, sure. The acting was strong and all the characters paths were really fitting.

Feev, Season 3 is my personal favourite.
    I hated it because no one acted like friends anymore. I can barely think of any lighthearted moments in the whole Season. Too many new characters for NO REASON. Also all the time they wasted on story lines that never went anywhere, like Zoe, and Zoe asking for a map of Elecromagnetic zones, and the light house, and Dogan's son and so on. Also the fact that Kate and Jack ended up together despite having no chemistry, and how they ruined my favorite TV couple. But I wont get into that because I will sound like a psycho/silly girl.

Still love LOST, just not up to par with the rest of the series.
    What was wrong with Zoe? She was Widmore's right hand 'man' on the project. The electromagnetic zones were because she was searching for the light, where only Desmond can go, to do what he did. They explained the lighthouse, it's how Jacob was able to watch over all of them. Dogan's son? How is that the least bit important? I don't really recall Jack and Kate ending up together...I remember him dying and her flying off the island whilst he died.

And what do you mean no one acted like friends? Was that why you enjoyed the show? Friendship? In case you didn't realize, they've always tortured one another, fight each other, hit each other, decieve each other, betray each other, kill each other, distrust one another. Doesn't sound like friends to me lol.

Season Six, I think, was their best season. Having had watched it a few times, its quite amazing what they managed to do with it. The Ben episode was just simply fantastic.
    I'll start by saying that I totally get your point and I probably would have responded with the same thing before I started my re-watch. (Maybe I am just bitter b/c the show is over ha ha)
    These things just annoyed me because I felt like they were wasted time that could have been spent on anything else that I still cared about from previous seasons.

Friendship wasn't why I liked the show, if it was I would just go watch How I met your mother or something like that. But it was one of the aspects that made the people on the island so intriguing. I also feel like the other things you mentioned were not included enough in this season. Just not enough meaningful interaction between the characters I loved.

I meant in death, but it's irrelevant because it's not really worth a conversation with anyone b/c the love triangle is so boring

Totally agree with you there. Maybe my favorite of the season along with "The End" and "Ab Aeterno". Especially the "I'll have you" scene.

Speaking of that, the way they handled her her death also really bothered me.

Still.....LOST season 6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other TV show.

in Season 6 they felt like caricatures of their former selves.
    Yes. Except for Jack and maybe Hurley, no one was moving forward.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This series rewatch has given me a greater appreciation for precisely how many religious references/connotations there are throughout the show. I don't how those that disliked the church angle of the finale can say that it came out of left field ... I've come across a plethora of religious references, conversations etc. and I'm only halfway through my rwatch.

This series rewatch has given me a greater appreciation for precisely how many religious references/connotations there are throughout the show. I don't how those that disliked the church angle of the finale can say that it came out of left field ... I've come across a plethora of religious references, conversations etc. and I'm only halfway through my rwatch.
    Probably because it is so easy to deny something when you don't want to believe it. Then when you get to something that is undeniable (The End) you look back and don't remember all the religion because it didn't apply to you.

Maybe?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my Top 3 LOST comedic lines ever!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why is there a dead PAKISTANI on my COUCH!?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Friendship wasn't why I liked the show, if it was I would just go watch How I met your mother or something like that. But it was one of the aspects that made the people on the island so intriguing. I also feel like the other things you mentioned were not included enough in this season. Just not enough meaningful interaction between the characters I loved.

Yes. Except for Jack and maybe Hurley, no one was moving forward.
    I think they didn't need to. Really, all the characters, besides a few, had developed as far as they needed to go, for the purpose of the story. And those few that still were progressing was huge for the finale of the show. By the end of season 5, we know why all the characters had went back to the island and what their goals were. But still many characters progressed; Miles, Ben, Jack, Hurley, Richard.

The actual character progression occurred in the Flash Sideways. We see that by the time of their death, some of the characters have learned their life lessons, others had not. Sayid, Jin and Sun were all miserable in their flash sideways and had bad things happen, they died before they could learn from their mistakes. Where as Jack changed greatly before he died and his life isn't in shambles although his daddy issues never were resolved. Hurley had a great Flash Sideways because of all the positive changes he made. My favourite example of this is the Ben episode, where he made all the right choices he made wrong in his own life.

The Flash Sideways is quite introspective to the characters themselves and offers a lot of insight to how they changed AFTER the show ended.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here own any of Nikki Stafford's Finding Lost companion guides ? I want to collect them, but I'd really like some user feedback first ...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've looked through them a couple times in the bookstore, but haven't bought any because in my short experience dealing with them, they're more of bulleted points rather than full on analysis.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, interesting ... thanks for your feedback, Ricardo.

Country
    Country Flag

Ricardo. Am I immortal, too?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. And don't worry about that oddly dressed lady that keeps popping up out of nowhere, that's not your wife's ghost, it's just a Jehovah's witness lady

*Disclaimer : I have no quarrel with Jevoha's witness folken, this was simply a joke, repeat - simply a joke.

Country
    Country Flag

-whew- good thing. I thought all the mystical Jacob wine was going to my head!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

We haven't seen the last of Locke vs. Ben!

NBC Commits To J.J. Abrams Pilot Starring 'Lost's' Michael Emerson & Terry O'Quinn

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- "Lost" fans may have a new dial to switch to in the coming months to see some familiar island faces together again. A rep for NBC confirmed to Access Hollywood on Wednesday night that the reports are true -- the Peacock network has secured the rights to the upcoming J.J. Abrams show starring former "Lost" co-stars Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn.

According to New York Magazine's Vulture blog, which first reported the news, the currently untitled program has "Alias" alumni -- Josh Appelbaum and Andreme Nemec - writing and executive producing. Additionally, Abrams and another "Alias" alumnus, Andre Nemec are executive producers.

"I'm thrilled to be involved with Warner Bros., J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, NBC and the incredible team of Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec on this new venture," Michael said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Wednesday night. "I'm absolutely delighted to be given the chance to work with Terry [O'Quinn] once again, and we're all very excited to get started."

The show, described as a comedic drama by Vulture, would likely see the two actors starring as ex-black-ops agents. Vulture reported that NBC has "commited" to a pilot of the program.

Michael, who played Ben Linus on "Lost," told AccessHollywood.com in May that he and pal Terry, who played John Locke (and later, the smoke monster) on the ABC show, had come up with a host of television ideas to keep them working together.

"We've been joking for a long time about what we ought to do together when this is all over -- stuff like we were gonna do a play on the front porch of the old actors home, you know that kind of thing -- just jokes," Michael previously told Access. "But Terry had a couple of really good, strong ideas and he pitched them to someone in the world of producers and they seem to respond to it. So I don't know where it's at or whether it will come true, but there's a good idea out there kicking around and if it comes to life, it would make me very happy."

Michael added that he and Terry became good pals on the "Lost" set, the result of several seasons of being paired opposite each other in dozens of scenes.

"We were close and we had many days where it was he and I working together and those days were great working days, some of the best of my career," Michael said at the time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just reading about that yesterday, it sounds awesome ! O'Quinn and Emerson were perhaps the two most well rounded actors on LOST, I'd love to see a show focusing solely on them.

Country
    Country Flag

I've been reading snippits about the Emerson/O'Quinn show for awhile now. No matter how many films/TV shows I see them in, I'll always be "Hey, that's Ben (or Locke)!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely ! Even if the character arcs and overall creative process are a 180 degree departure from that of LOST's, I'll still expect - and will be greatly upset if I don't see
    • A scene involving Terry injuring one of his legs
    • An intense close up of Emerson as he lies and delivers his creepy smile

If the show airs Monday nights, on Tuesday mornings I'm going to ask my co workers "So what about last nights episode !? Did you see the way Locke and Ben .."

Country
    Country Flag

[Inside top secret agent area]

Emerson's character is sitting at a desk when O'Quinn's character walks in. There's a box on his desk.

O'Quinn: Is this the magic box you keep talking about, Emerson?

Emerson: No Terry, that is not the magic box.

Later on. Afternoon. Terry's barracaded himself in a storage closet. Intercut with flashbacks to O'Quinn finding a phone in the package on his desk.

O'Quinn: [grasping phone and screaming at the ceiling] Why...won't...you...answer meeee!?!?!?

O D D J O B S

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first episode of the first season of Lost last night for the first time in a really, really long time. I was pretty blown away. First of all, fuckin' Smoke Monster, man. I wish I could go back in time and not know what it was that they were hearing in the jungle and be just as freaked out as them.

Also, I realized something new that I love about the series. I love the fact that the characters are who they are, right from the beginning. Charlie is a junkie, Kate is a convict (I loved that when you first see her right before she stitches up Jack's side, she's rubbing her wrists where the handcuffs were), Sawyer is a loner, so to speak. Any major changing or growth that the characters do for the most part is done in the duration of the show. You don't find out that Sawyer is like ACTUALLY A CRAZY NINJA (this is extreme, but you get what I'm saying) or something weird that completely alters the course of the show and makes you not trust the character anymore. I think unknowingly, this was a huge reason of why I started to love the characters so much as I watched the show.

Also, man I love Hurley. I freakin' love that guy.

EDIT: Wow, I said the word "first" a butt-ton of times in that beginning sentence.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Country
    Country Flag

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You've watched LOST and yet I didn't know this?!

Just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously ! Why are we just now finding this out, Emily ?

Ricky, take her donuts from her please.

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like I'm going to have to.

Oh! Wait! What's that in the distance?

ticka-ticka-ticka
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, that reminds me ! I was watching some of the bloopers for Season 6 for the first time last night, and I just found out how they create space for Smokie on screen - a bunch of guys holding a green tarp yelling "Ticka ticka ticka!" Wtf ? Now I sympathize with some of the theater style acting during the Smokie scenes, that shit must be distracting !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 158 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast