Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 158 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

If Richard noticed the compass was deteriorating more than normal, then wouldn't it stand to reason he'd try to get Locke to the island sooner rather than later - especially if he knew something was impending from the time-traveling Locke?

I'm probably wrong.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh! I see where you're coming from!

I had previously assumed that Alpert had wanted young Locke so as to groom him for leadership.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woofer, it's not deteriorating more than normal. Richard in the 50's only knows the condition it was in when he received it for that go-round of the loop. It's aging normally to him and everyone else. The only thing showing the extent of the loop is the compass, as it's outside of the loop. It ages with every instance of the loop, while no one is any the wiser.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the theories i have with time travel and the what happens happens... well what about the picture of the losties in the DI. They were not in the picture at the beginning of the series so that means they changed something. That has some mighty big implications to the story. that's what i think anyway.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    Woofer, it's not deteriorating more than normal. Richard in the 50's only knows the condition it was in when he received it for that go-round of the loop. It's aging normally to him and everyone else. The only thing showing the extent of the loop is the compass, as it's outside of the loop. It ages with every instance of the loop, while no one is any the wiser.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    One of the theories i have with time travel and the what happens happens... well what about the picture of the losties in the DI. They were not in the picture at the beginning of the series so that means they changed something. That has some mighty big implications to the story. that's what i think anyway.
    How do we know they weren't in the picture at the beginning of the series? How often do you really think anyone looked at those pictures in the Processing Station? And anyone who was looking at them probably wouldn't recognize them anyway.

They clearly had to have been in the past before because Ethan was alive at the beginning of the series, and if not for Juliet's presence in the past, he wouldn't be. Daniel also wouldn't have been sent to the island if his mother hadn't known she shot him. His entire life she pushed him towards his known destiny. When she convinces him to go to the island for Widmore, she knows he's going to be shot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone listened to the podcast scheduled for next week's finale?

A listener asks about the compass, and they say not only is the compass relevant to the plot at hand but it's condition is also of importance.
    Which podcast is that? The official Lost podcast only prehashed upto last week's ep and they said that's the last one for season 5.

Something else Damon and Carlton mentioned though, is that what they intended to be the big issue of the finale is, whether what happened happened, or can you really change the future...we seem to have drifted from that in recent discussion, like we're all taking it for granted that it can be changed.

Which would be kinda weird if the finale of season 6 is everyone getting off the plane safely in L.A but not knowing each other at all.

The producer's point was that, Faraday leaves for Ann Arbor having stipulated that the past can't be changed - but returns to the island claiming that it can be. However, he's sort of proved wrong by the fact that his mother shoots him. Meaning, that she sent him there knowing he would be shot, to satisfy history (if that's the way it always happened)...much the same way that Charlie allowed himself to die.
    All that stuff about course correcting a couple of seasons ago...if that's true, surely the plane is destined to crash one way or another?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe it will all happen one way or another.

If they aren't going to explore alternate timelines (because I believe you CAN'T change the future, only create a new one)...that that is really the only way it can go.

And I think the motivation of Kate and others to stop Jack is valid because they were all worse off before the crash except him...I mean, from one perspective.

I also believe that Sawyer will get that sub turned around one way or the other when he finds out (from Kate) what Jack is up to.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well the previews all show Sawyer, Kate, and Juliet back on the island during the episode, so I think it is safe to say that they get turned around somehow.

Below are my thoughts, via an email that I sent Doc Jensen this week.

Heya Doc,

I noticed some themes that really seemed to hit home this last week, which may give some clues as to the outcome of the season. I remember very clearly the season three episode where Karl was watching the brainwashing video in Room 23. One of the parts of the video that stuck with me was the line “We are the causes of our own suffering.” I think this is an important theme that is being brought to fruition this season.

Sayid is the first example. His relationship and interactions with Ben have haunted him all season, and have really destroyed the strength of character that he had in the earlier seasons of the show. He is suffering. And in an attempt to relieve that suffering, he shot the young Ben, hoping to change the future. But, as we know, his attack on Ben actually made Ben into the person Sayid knew from the future. He was the cause of his own suffering.

Now we have Miles. As seen this season, his life was greatly affected by the absence of his father and lack of knowledge about him. This was the driving force that led him to accept Naomi/Widmore’s proposal to join the island expedition. Now in “Follow the Leader” we find that it was Miles who was the person to convince Pierre Chang that he needed to follow Faraday’s advice and evacuate the women and children from the island, the event that caused his father’s estrangement. He was the cause of his own suffering.

Locke, being the multi-faceted character that he is, has suffered almost his entire life for one reason or the other, and has actually shown himself to be the cause in a number of flashback sequences (i.e. setting himself up to be scammed out of a kidney and pushed out of a window because he couldn’t just let his daddy issues go). But his greatest source of suffering to date was being told that he had to return all of those rescued to the island, and that he would have to die to make it happen. His pain was palpable in the “Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham” episode, as his plans failed one after the other, to the point where he attempted his own suicide. This week’s episode reveals that it was he himself who crafted the message Alpert gave him. He was the cause of his own suffering.

From here we move into the lands of speculation. The most obvious, I think, is Jack. Like Sayid, he wants to initiate a major event which he thinks will change the future and remove the suffering that he has experienced since September 22, 2004. He will prevent the Incident and change the sequence of events that caused the crash of Oceanic 815. My prediction—which I know others share—is that he will actually cause the Incident, rather than prevent it. If this is true then…he is the cause of his own suffering.

Earlier this season many people thought that the voice heard by Danielle and her team reciting the numbers was the voice of none other than our friend Hurley. This hasn’t been confirmed, but if the Incident does occur and the time traveling Losties remain in 1977 with their lives intact, it is very possible that Hugo will make the recording. The numbers came into Hurley’s life from his acquaintance in the mental institution, who got them from a man in Australia. The entire reason that Hugo was in Sydney was to track this man down, but he found the guy’s widow instead. She told Hurley that her husband had heard the numbers from a radio transmission he picked up. Her description fits perfectly with that of the island transmission reciting the numbers. So…if Hurley does end up being the one who records the transmission…he was the cause of his own suffering.

I could speculate further—Juliet possibly causing the problem with island pregnancy—or make more obvious observations—Ben killing John, which changed him in a way that robbed Ben of his island clout—but I think this gets the point across. What I see are a series of self-destroying loops, and I wonder how far it might extend. Knowing how influenced the creators were by the work of Stephen King and his Dark Tower series, the concept of a perpetual loop might not be far from the truth, especially if its preservation is the only way to prevent paradox. And since paradox could potentially unhinge the door of existence, I would say that’s a pretty sound motivation for subversive organizations to assist in the large-scale manipulation of key players, especially since these “Variables” can’t be counted on to do what they are supposed to due to their free will. This isn’t exactly a TOE, but it might be toeing the line.
    Heng Dai

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i keep trying to get something through to him (my non-negotiables) but his mailbox is full.

Country
    Country Flag

He's a busy dude this week, methinks.
    Heng Dai

yeah, i know.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent observations, Aaron. I've had similar thoughts, but you are 100% better at articulating them than I am.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Anyone listened to the podcast scheduled for next week's finale?

A listener asks about the compass, and they say not only is the compass relevant to the plot at hand but it's condition is also of importance.
    Which podcast is that? The official Lost podcast only prehashed upto last week's ep and they said that's the last one for season 5.

Something else Damon and Carlton mentioned though, is that what they intended to be the big issue of the finale is, whether what happened happened, or can you really change the future...we seem to have drifted from that in recent discussion, like we're all taking it for granted that it can be changed.

Which would be kinda weird if the finale of season 6 is everyone getting off the plane safely in L.A but not knowing each other at all.

The producer's point was that, Faraday leaves for Ann Arbor having stipulated that the past can't be changed - but returns to the island claiming that it can be. However, he's sort of proved wrong by the fact that his mother shoots him. Meaning, that she sent him there knowing he would be shot, to satisfy history (if that's the way it always happened)...much the same way that Charlie allowed himself to die.
    All that stuff about course correcting a couple of seasons ago...if that's true, surely the plane is destined to crash one way or another?
    There's a podcast rehashing Follow the Leader and it includes some discussion of the finale, including their feeling that the finale feels very similar to the end of Season 1 with the opening of the hatch but no reveal as to what is actually inside.

Here's a link:

http://www.docarzt.com/lost/exclusiv...t-podcast-now/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link Val, I'll give it a listen when I get home from work

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well the previews all show Sawyer, Kate, and Juliet back on the island during the episode, so I think it is safe to say that they get turned around somehow.
    Aha! We don't get previews in the UK, at least not at the end of the current episode like you guys do

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    From what the podcast said, how they get back to the island is very, very interesting and unexpected.

My guess is the island simply takes them from the sub and deposits them back onto the island. We know those others who left actually do make it off the island... Chang's wife, baby Miles, Charlotte, so I don't think the sub is actually going to turn around at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, like another of the flashes. That makes sense.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Either another flash, or a straight-up disappearance/reappearance. Maybe the sub does turn around. I don't know. But the way they talked in the Podcast made it sound like it'd be at least a bit more interesting than that.

Here's hoping the finale kicks as much ass as possible and that the next 8 months passes quickly!

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

bev, does the article have any spoilers?

**anxiously waiting for you to tell me i can read it**

no spoilers.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Nothing that I consider a spoiler

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

EEEEEKKKKK!!!!

Just 3 more hours.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Watching the recap episode now. Tonight is nothin' but Lost.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

47 minutes to go b4 I watch it

if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 158 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast