Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never realized how badly I needed to see Jack and Locke fight with lightsabers until now...
    Heng Dai

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

It is awesome!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I had no idea either. I'm just glad the good folks over at cracked.com knew it even though we didn't.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I just finished the last episode not 5 minutes ago, and I have to say I'm having mixed feelings about the ending ... it was very satisfying on an emotional level, but there were far too many things left unanswered and far too many plot holes, I feel a bit cheated ...

I'll post in here once I collect my thoughts a bit more.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    So I just finished the last episode not 5 minutes ago, and I have to say I'm having mixed feelings about the ending ... it was very satisfying on an emotional level, but there were far too many things left unanswered and far too many plot holes, I feel a bit cheated ...

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, feev. Have you gotten a chance to read our thoughts up thread about the finale?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I had a dream last night about Lost and some kind of bonus stuff they were gonna have on the DVDs. But instead of it being like a commercial I was on the show living it. That's about all I remember of it.

I too want details.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, feev. Have you gotten a chance to read our thoughts up thread about the finale?
    Yeah, I've read the last 5 pages or so, and I've been googling a lot of 'The End' reviews ... a few of my questions were answered, but many of them were not.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the toughest thing initially is wrapping your mind around the fact that the show isn't what we thought it was. I think my full series rewatch will prove to be very satisfying, knowing the things that I know now.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm planning on rewatching the entire show as soon as the season 6 box set becomes available.

The thing is, I'm sure that both A) The writer's strike and B) the knowledge that they were in way over their heads in certain aspects of the show led them to ignore them and the answers to them during the latter portion of the show - they gambled on the fact that we would be so invested in the ending emotionally that we would overlook those gaping plot holes.

What was the deal with the Linus/Widmore feud ? Wasn't it clearly stated that the latter could never return to the island ? Yet he shows up, giving us a 5 second explanation that "Jacob made him see the error of his ways." Did Jacob bend the rules or allow Widmore to break the rules so that he could return to the island ?

Exactly how is Desmond considered a 'weapon' ? And also - a literal cork keeping the island together ? Really ?

Linus stated that the black smoke monster's purpose was to "protect the temple", implying that he killed those close to discovering it, right ? If so , why did he kill Mr. Eko ? Or the characters in the first season ? Further more, if MIB only needed the candidates alive, why didn't he kill the rest right off the bat ?

What was the purpose of the temple and the people residing in it ?

If Jacob is the protector of the island , and the MIB the reincarnation of evil, then why did the former essentially arrange the mass murder of everyone in the Dharma Initiative ?

These are all the questions that spring immediately to mind, although I'm sure I have plenty more stored away somewhere.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly, feev. Exactly. Your post contains questions that needed to be answered, questions that we deserved answers to.

In the final season, Darlton seemed to focus more on the emotions of the characters and seemed to spend the entirety of season 6 building up to the reveal that
    Spoiler:
    the FS is purgatory
    . It was a really cool twist, but to focus more than 50% of the season "over there" doesn't feel worth it to me.

I feel that the season 5 finale had so many cool set-ups and reveals and different directions to take the final season, but a lot of them were wasted.

Some issues I had with season 6:

- Way too much time spent in the FS, not enough on-island time
    - Lack of answers/poorly given explanations
    - Too much time spent on MIB/Jacob
    - The Light. That's all I have to say about that.
    - Some characters felt "wasted" and cast aside
    - I realize that this was the FS season, but would a little more flashbacks hurt? Claire alone on the Island, Jacob coming to Widmore, Egyptian references (I still think Jacob should've been from Egyptian times), etc.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm planning on rewatching the entire show as soon as the season 6 box set becomes available.

The thing is, I'm sure that both A) The writer's strike and B) the knowledge that they were in way over their heads in certain aspects of the show led them to ignore them and the answers to them during the latter portion of the show - they gambled on the fact that we would be so invested in the ending emotionally that we would overlook those gaping plot holes.

What was the deal with the Linus/Widmore feud ? Wasn't it clearly stated that the latter could never return to the island ? Yet he shows up, giving us a 5 second explanation that "Jacob made him see the error of his ways." Did Jacob bend the rules or allow Widmore to break the rules so that he could return to the island ?

Exactly how is Desmond considered a 'weapon' ? And also - a literal cork keeping the island together ? Really ?

On the Lostpedia forums its affectionately referred to as "The Magic Island Butt-Plug" (tm pending) LOL LOL

Linus stated that the black smoke monster's purpose was to "protect the temple", implying that he killed those close to discovering it, right ? If so , why did he kill Mr. Eko ? Or the characters in the first season ? Further more, if MIB only needed the candidates alive, why didn't he kill the rest right off the bat ?

If Jacob is the protector of the island , and the MIB the reincarnation of evil, then why did the former essentially arrange the mass murder of everyone in the Dharma Initiative ?

These are all the questions that spring immediately to mind, although I'm sure I have plenty more stored away somewhere.

Sounds like you may enjoy this little gem!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HEQAKuY1w"]YouTube- A Furious Lost Series Finale Review by ChokeOnFunny[/ame]

"Mental Patient Recess" !!!!!! LOL LOL Btw, think he lives in a Storage shed? LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

First of all, it is vey hard to separate you from each other, Ricky and Shizzie.
    I feel a little tired and I think I have flu. Maybe that is the reason, but everytime you post after each other, for one moment I think Ricky is talking to himself.

I thought(as much as I could after the strange finale) he was a passive weapon. He would go down there and take the cork out, and make MIB vulnarable and mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Exactly, feev. Exactly. Your post contains questions that needed to be answered, questions that we deserved answers to.

In the final season, Darlton seemed to focus more on the emotions of the characters and seemed to spend the entirety of season 6 building up to the reveal that
    Spoiler:
    the FS is purgatory
    . It was a really cool twist, but to focus more than 50% of the season "over there" doesn't feel worth it to me.

I feel that the season 5 finale had so many cool set-ups and reveals and different directions to take the final season, but a lot of them were wasted.

Some issues I had with season 6:

- Way too much time spent in the FS, not enough on-island time
    - Lack of answers/poorly given explanations
    - Too much time spent on MIB/Jacob
    - The Light. That's all I have to say about that.
    - Some characters felt "wasted" and cast aside
    - I realize that this was the FS season, but would a little more flashbacks hurt? Claire alone on the Island, Jacob coming to Widmore, Egyptian references (I still think Jacob should've been from Egyptian times), etc.
    My favorite characters. I'd love to see more scenes of them, but with more answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sounds like you may enjoy this little gem!!!

YouTube- A Furious Lost Series Finale Review by ChokeOnFunny

"Mental Patient Recess" !!!!!! LOL LOL Btw, think he lives in a Storage shed? LOL

Awesome.
    Spoiler:
    ''Jack-is-dead!!!''
    ???

Hahaha.

Country
    Country Flag

But many of those things were answered, either directly or (more commonly) through implication. Please see below in bold.

Widmore said more than that he saw the error of his ways. He said specifically that Jacob invited him, which is how he was able to return. I don't think the rules about not being able to return to the island were ever valid; they were imposed by the Others' leaders. If you remember back in "Dead is Dead" in season 5 the MIB seemed bemused when Ben said that he had to go be judged because he broke the rules and returned.

He was a weapon because he was the only one who could render the MIB human again so that he could be killed. Without Desmond, the MIB may very well have won.

By the end of the show, it became very clear that Ben actually knew next to nothing about the Smoke Monster. He didn't even know that he livedat the temple, as also evidenced in "Dead is Dead." He killed Eko and the other people because he could and because he needed to remove people who could potentially throw a wrench into his plans. The reason he never went on a massive murder spree was because he knew he would eventually need to persuade the candidates to follow him and his fake plan. Since he knew they would all eventually come to the knowledge that he was the smoke monster, it was important that his motives be ambiguous during the time leading up to his planned endgame. Remember, he didnt need the candidates alive, but dead. And they could only kill each other.

I don't think the temple had a specific purpose in Jacob's plans. He was of Roman descent and was born after the Egyptians were on the island, meaning that the temple was already there. Whoever built it likely had a purpose--as with any temple--but that wouldn't have had any significance to Jacob. It was just a convenient place for the Others to reside--with the protection of the ash--so that they wouldn't be completely wiped out if the MIB did decide to rampage and kill all of the Others residing outside of the temple's protection. It was a safe haven, pure and simple.

This is one of the implied answers. A number of clues point to the fact that Ben and the other leaders of the Others were never actually taking orders from Jacob, but from the MIB. They just thought they were doing Jacob's will. Remember that Ben's only point of reference for communication was by visiting Jacob's cabin and through notes/lists. In "The Incident" in season five we learned that Jacob had not lived in that cabin for a long time, and that "someone else" had been using it. We know from the season four episode "Cabin Fever" that the MIB used it, as evidenced by the presence of fake Christian Shephard and infected Claire. This is also another example of the MIB giving an order--in this case that they needed to move the island--under the auspices of the order coming from Jacob. All of that, paired with Ben's statement in "What They Died For" that the monster had been summoning him, point toward the fact that the MIB had been pretending to be Jacob for quite some time and that Ben was never actually following orders from Jacob. So it was the MIB that ordered the purge. Why, you say? Because there were members of the Dharma Initiative that were candidates, including Benjamin Linus (his name was on the wall in Jacob's cave, but was since crossed off). Candidates can only kill each other, so Ben--being both a candidate and a member of the Dharma Initiative--was the perfect weapon to knock out the remaining candidates living on the island at that time. I am guessing that because he participated in the purge, that is why Ben was crossed off as a candidate.

The MIB, while pretending to be Jacob to Ben, also would have been the one to produce the lists Ben received, which explains why Danny told Jack in season 3 that Jack, Kate and Sawyer were NOT on the list. The lists the MIB was giving Ben were not lists of candidates, but those who specifically weren't candidates and were irrelevant to his plans.

Heng Dai

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    But many of those things were answered, either directly or (more commonly) through implication. Please see below in bold.

Widmore said more than that he saw the error of his ways. He said specifically that Jacob invited him, which is how he was able to return. I don't think the rules about not being able to return to the island were ever valid; they were imposed by the Others' leaders. If you remember back in "Dead is Dead" in season 5 the MIB seemed bemused when Ben said that he had to go be judged because he broke the rules and returned.

He was a weapon because he was the only one who could render the MIB human again so that he could be killed. Without Desmond, the MIB may very well have won.

By the end of the show, it became very clear that Ben actually knew next to nothing about the Smoke Monster. He didn't even know that he livedat the temple, as also evidenced in "Dead is Dead." He killed Eko and the other people because he could and because he needed to remove people who could potentially throw a wrench into his plans. The reason he never went on a massive murder spree was because he knew he would eventually need to persuade the candidates to follow him and his fake plan. Since he knew they would all eventually come to the knowledge that he was the smoke monster, it was important that his motives be ambiguous during the time leading up to his planned endgame. Remember, he didnt need the candidates alive, but dead. And they could only kill each other.

I don't think the temple had a specific purpose in Jacob's plans. He was of Roman descent and was born after the Egyptians were on the island, meaning that the temple was already there. Whoever built it likely had a purpose--as with any temple--but that wouldn't have had any significance to Jacob. It was just a convenient place for the Others to reside--with the protection of the ash--so that they wouldn't be completely wiped out if the MIB did decide to rampage and kill all of the Others residing outside of the temple's protection. It was a safe haven, pure and simple.

This is one of the implied answers. A number of clues point to the fact that Ben and the other leaders of the Others were never actually taking orders from Jacob, but from the MIB. They just thought they were doing Jacob's will. Remember that Ben's only point of reference for communication was by visiting Jacob's cabin and through notes/lists. In "The Incident" in season five we learned that Jacob had not lived in that cabin for a long time, and that "someone else" had been using it. We know from the season four episode "Cabin Fever" that the MIB used it, as evidenced by the presence of fake Christian Shephard and infected Claire. This is also another example of the MIB giving an order--in this case that they needed to move the island--under the auspices of the order coming from Jacob. All of that, paired with Ben's statement in "What They Died For" that the monster had been summoning him, point toward the fact that the MIB had been pretending to be Jacob for quite some time and that Ben was never actually following orders from Jacob. So it was the MIB that ordered the purge. Why, you say? Because there were members of the Dharma Initiative that were candidates, including Benjamin Linus (his name was on the wall in Jacob's cave, but was since crossed off). Candidates can only kill each other, so Ben--being both a candidate and a member of the Dharma Initiative--was the perfect weapon to knock out the remaining candidates living on the island at that time. I am guessing that because he participated in the purge, that is why Ben was crossed off as a candidate.

The MIB, while pretending to be Jacob to Ben, also would have been the one to produce the lists Ben received, which explains why Danny told Jack in season 3 that Jack, Kate and Sawyer were NOT on the list. The lists the MIB was giving Ben were not lists of candidates, but those who specifically weren't candidates and were irrelevant to his plans.

LOL see how well those arguments hold up on Lost pedia. You gotta be more on the top of your game, dude!!!!

LOL (But I'll be rooting for ya!!!)

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lindelof and Cuse have stated that the "Help Me" voice in "The Man Behind the Curtain" was indeed the MIB. I'm too lazy to google the quote, but it's out there.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A nice little tidbit for you all.

In 'Across The Sea', Jacob moved his piece sideways and MIB said he couldn't do that. When asked why he said because it's against the rules. Then Jacob said "You made the rules." "And when you make your own game you can make your own rules." MIB told him.

Widmore brings Desmond to the island because of his ability. In the process, Widmore zaps Desmond with electromagnetism sending his conciousness into the Sideways Universe. When Desmond returns he seems unlike himself, completely willing to do whatever is asked of him. This results in him pulling the cork and MIB dying and the island being saved.

Jacob was able to move sideways in his own game.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Upon watching the season again, I am more than happy enough with how the sideways universe turned out. I'm fine with not getting a plethora of answers, we learned what we needed to know. We found out what the island is. Perhaps not it's genesis but it's what is now for. Some of my favourite episodes of all time were in this season, include Across The Sea, The Finale, The Candidate and Ben's episode. Ben's episode especially, was the best non-finale episode of the season.

As for the oustanding mystery of the island I refer to this quote from Alan Wake. "In a horror story, the main character will always ask 'why?' and there isn't an answer, shouldn't be an answer. The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest." That's how I view lost, the island mystery will stay with us, forever.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished watching the series last night and I have serious reservations about how they ended everything.

I can understand why things happened the way they did. I can understand the answers that were given (If you want to call them that) but it felt like the ending was, lame. I mean I'm glad that Hurley got to protect the island. I GUESS I'm glad that Ben somehow redeemed himself and got to be Richard.

Alot of the deaths were very poignant and sweet. Seriously though, wtf?

The sad thing is, that the ending didn't make me care enough to sit here and truly bitch. Everyone died. Everyone moved on. The end.

Meh

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by disel24 View Post
    I finished watching the series last night and I have serious reservations about how they ended everything.

I can understand why things happened the way they did. I can understand the answers that were given (If you want to call them that) but it felt like the ending was, lame. I mean I'm glad that Hurley got to protect the island. I GUESS I'm glad that Ben somehow redeemed himself and got to be Richard.

The sad thing is, that the ending didn't make me care enough to sit here and truly bitch. Everyone died. Everyone moved on. The end.

Meh
    I beg your pardon.

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by disel24 View Post

Meh
    I beg your pardon.

Got touched by Hurley and got to be the second hand man

My Mood
    Worried

I think you misunderstand my meaning and jest. See my av/sig combo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecri6ozbApY"]Nestor Carbonell at Comic-Con 2009[/ame]

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone posted this on the Lostpedia site, a very interesting theory regarding the light at the heart of the island and MIB :

http://ericknowsitall.com/ultimate-lost-theory/

For those that can't be 'arsed' to read it, what it basically boils down to is :

Light = Time
    MIB = Metaphysical embodiment of the candidates' troubled past

Thoughts ?

Country
    Country Flag

Light = Time
    IMO, time and light (on the show) are totally different things, serving different purposes. If one equals another...well, that can't be.

The relationship of light and time in LOST regarding time travel may be more along a believeable road: light=stepping through time.

MIB = Metaphysical embodiment of the candidates' troubled past
    Maybe symbolically, but definitely not literally.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast