Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Just saw a rerun episode of Law & Order: SVU and who was the villain? Titus Welliver, aka MiB!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's an interesting explanation by a guy who claims to be a Bad Robot employee:

http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/vie...=19342&start=0

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Nope, it caused the "Incident", not just an episode title, but the event that created a necessity for the hatch and the button, which is what led to Locke starting Jack on his journey to faith by having him push it.
    Well, that, but I was focusing on the actual detonation of the bomb/FS, not the aftermath/Dharma precautions with the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    But I am quite sure that it is the same shoe hanging on the tree at the pilot which I re-watched just after the finale. In the pilot it looks clean and new, in the finale dirty and old.
    Yeah, it's the same shoe. Christian's, to be exact.

Pretty amazing that it didn't move at all with all the time travel, smoke monster attacks, flaming arrows, etc.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved the ending.

I'm not surprised by those who were disappointed. Yes, there's a list of unanswered questions. The thing is, the way I see it is most of those unanswered questions are about the mysteries of the island. And most of the disappointees, if you will, wanted this finale to be about the mysteries of the island.

But may I offer something here? It was never really about the island. Never. From pilot episode to finale it was never really about the island. Yes, there were a lot of nice mysteries. But when it really, really comes down to it, I think 1.) a lot of those questions were answered even though it wasn't through some narrator or character coming out and saying, "This is why this happened". 2.) a lot of the unanswered questions... might actually be intentionally unanswered questions. No, we'll never know what the island really was. No, we'll never know who built that statue. Or why there's a stone in a pool of water holding up the light of life for the island. Just like we'll probably never really know what the xenomorph really is in the Alien movies. Where the hell did it really come from? Or what rabbit's foot is in MI:III (a little coincidence there since that's also an Abrams film).

But once you really, really get down to it, the show was never really, really about the island, but about the characters. The finale only affirmed this, but you can see this just by watching the bulk of the show itself. So for the people who were hoping for some massive epic scifi show, that capitalizes more on the "sci" and is inspired by Crichton books and Stephen Hawkins theories... "Lost" was never your show for this.
    Submitted a new lolcat I did on photoshop, check it out and caption it yourself.

Make a caption

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Everyone dies eventually, as Christian told Jack. Many of them lived long, natural lives. Hurley may well have lived for centuries as the island's guardian. We don't know...but everyone dies, and many of them didn't die before Jack did. In the sideways world, time had no more meaning--which is a neat development given our fixation on flashback, flashforwards and time travel for most of the series. The souls of the dead from all points in time converged to help Jack move on.

The people in the church (Eloise's church, by the way) were people who were important in Jack's life. Those not present either weren't yet ready (e.g. Ben, Ana Lucia, Eloise) or went on to the next stage in the company of their own important group (perhaps Richard and his wife, for example).

Eloise didn't want Desmond to take Daniel away from her as she killed her son and she was enjoying the chance to spend time with him again.
    I am with you about many things but I think sideways world wasn't all about Jack. The people in the church, were the people who were important to each other or important to one or two of them(like Christian, like Penny). Each one of them needed just one moment, one person to remember everything and realise the situation. Jack has always been the most stubborn person in the group, he was the one who could hardly let go. He needed Kate, and his father to remember.
    I think Ben was not ready not just because of the person he had been, but also because he needed Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Nope, it caused the "Incident", not just an episode title, but the event that created a necessity for the hatch and the button, which is what led to Locke starting Jack on his journey to faith by having him push it.
    Well, that, but I was focusing on the actual detonation of the bomb/FS, not the aftermath/Dharma precautions with the button.

But I am quite sure that it is the same shoe hanging on the tree at the pilot which I re-watched just after the finale. In the pilot it looks clean and new, in the finale dirty and old.
    Yeah, it's the same shoe. Christian's, to be exact.

Pretty amazing that it didn't move at all with all the time travel, smoke monster attacks, flaming arrows, etc.

Woofer, I voted for that.

Heather, the image in your signature is very touching.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think Ben was not ready not just because of the person he had been, but also because he needed Alex.
    I had forgotten all about her. That makes complete sense. I can't see him moving on without her.

Heather, the image in your signature is very touching.
    Thank you
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alright, so some alternate feelings on this episode and the last season:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2omyMDuiKg&feature=related"]YouTube- Lost: Series Finale Review pt1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ohwZAtvt8&feature=watch_response"]YouTube- Lost: Series Finale Review pt2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSVmPvRZX0&feature=related"]YouTube- Lost: Series Finale Review pt3[/ame]
    Submitted a new lolcat I did on photoshop, check it out and caption it yourself.

Make a caption

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'Lost' exclusive: ABC sets the record straight about the series finale's plane crash images
    May 25, 2010 | 3:09 pm
    JackandChristianjpg

You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.

— Maria Elena Fernandez
    twitter.com/writerchica

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well that was a stupid idea - OF COURSE the fans are going to wonder and ponder and question. It's LOST ffs! Sheesh.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    In my gut I don't believe any of that. Most likely we die and that's it. No darkness, no awareness, just nothing. That's why the ending was just a little cliche and "fluffy" for me. I still enjoyed it but it just wasn't very fulfilling for me.
    I'm an atheist and it still hit the spot for me

As for Ben not being in the church group - yes, Heather I agree he wanted to be with Alex...and Danielle seemingly!...but as everyone in the sideways is in limbo, I think he's not waiting for her in a literal sense, but he still had issues to work out personally, now that he had remembered and accepted who he was.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    'Lost' exclusive: ABC sets the record straight about the series finale's plane crash images
    May 25, 2010 | 3:09 pm
    JackandChristianjpg

You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.

— Maria Elena Fernandez
    twitter.com/writerchica
    I was SO SURPRISED to see all kinds of people on twitter saying everything that happened on the island didn't actually happen! I was like, are you serious!? Thanks for this. Now I have legit proof.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ArtherEld View Post
    So for the people who were hoping for some massive epic scifi show, that capitalizes more on the "sci" and is inspired by Crichton books and Stephen Hawkins theories... "Lost" was never your show for this.
    I've never read a Crichton book and even though I share a birthday with Stephen Hawkins I still giggle when he "speaks"...sorry... It is certainly easy to understand why so many liked the "sci" aspect of the show and expected more of it in the finale - considering it was a show that dealt with time travel, whispering ghosts, an island that moves, eternal life, teleportation, rising from the dead and a freaking smoke monster.

Like I said before, I did like it. I just found it lacking.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I'm an atheist and it still hit the spot for me
    Pleased ta meetcha, I'm a Jedi Knight!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well met!

My Mood
    Worried

I had accepted that we weren't going to get the answers I wanted from a science fiction perspective, so I wasn't at all disappointed that we didn't. I want them, yes, but I didn't expect them.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

OMG this is great

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    OMG this is great

Absolutely hilarious!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it!

Can't wait till Dora gets home so I can show it to her.

I would have considered that a good ending.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that Lost is over, who thinks that the island will continue to lure people to it?

I think it's safe to say that the island will continue to be under attack by people trying to exploit its powers.

Basically what I'm saying is that Hurley and Ben have their work cut out for them. It makes me happy to know that there is still a lot of adventure to be had on the island.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack is the new Smoke Monster. Here me out.

I haven't heard anybody else mention this. In the episode that centered around Jacob and MiB, Jacob takes his brother and throws him down into the light.

The Smoke Monster then emerges. Later, we see the MiB (in human form) lying dead on a rock in the river.

In the finale, Jack reboots the island by putting the cork back in. This releases the light once again. Now, we don't see the Smoke Monster emerge, but it's possible.

Later, we see Jack on a rock in a very similar position. He's not dead, but dies soon after.

All I'm saying is that, is it possible that Jack now has Smoke Monster like powers? Only he will be a good Smoke Monster and protect the island.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Hurley and Ben Epilogue????
    One more reason to love Michael Emerson: He just spilled the goods on an amazing surprise for any Lost fan planning to buy the final, sixth-season DVD. (And trust me, now all of you will be buying it.)

There will be more Lost. There is more to the story, and we will get to see it! Praise Jacob! Or should we say...Hurley?!

"For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature," Michael just told our Kevin Pereira of Attack of the Show!, which airs tonight at 7 on E!'s brother network G4. "Which is um, you could call it an epilogue. A lost scene. It's a lot; it's 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley (Jorge Garcia) becoming number one and the end of the series."

Michael says this extra footage is not the premise for a spinoff. "It's self-contained. Although, it's a rich period in the show's mythology that ‘s never been explored, so who knows what will come of it."

That said, as I reported earlier, we'll find out what happens to Walt on the DVD as well. And so for the last time ever (sniff!), I think I get to say, Lost spoiler alert! Whatcha wanna bet that during Hurley and Ben's adventures on the island, they run into Walt a few years into the future, when he's oh, 18 and looking just as Malcolm David Kelley looks now?

Oh, genius show, I love you. Why must you make it so hard to let go? Just as we're trying to say good-bye, you dangle this most excellent carrot!

See all you fellow fans in the overnight campout line for the Lost season-six DVD.

In the meantime, don't miss my Idiot's Guide to Lost that just posted if you still have questions. It might clear things up!

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...#ixzz0pBg28eKR

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._revealed.html

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you want to know why Lost did not answer all of the questions look up J.J. Abrams' mystery box speech.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there will be a Hurley and Ben book?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love LOST, but I don't think a spin-off is a good idea. They're usually an epic fail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast