Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Runner

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So if everyone can watch you all of the time, how is it fair to allow call-ins to report where you are? This sounds even more impossible than King's Running Man. (Yes I know that there are not degrees of impossibility.) At least they can't kill you. Of course, if someone starts a car chase...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    So if everyone can watch you all of the time, how is it fair to allow call-ins to report where you are? This sounds even more impossible than King's Running Man. (Yes I know that there are not degrees of impossibility.) At least they can't kill you. Of course, if someone starts a car chase...
    I had a similar thought as well. If the story in the book were set in today's world with the prevalence of cell phones, cameras and social media the runners would never have a chance. They'd barely make it out of the Games building much less across the country.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had similar reactions at first but when you take into account the show is not on prime-time network TV it won’t be completely unfair to the Runner. I think if this works it might be the next “game changer” in entertainment.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I suspect that a disguise is not against the rules...disguise anytime one must venture into public... remove disguise when reporting in VIA video phone.

...that's what I would do.

*puts on his sheep mask and heads to Wal-mart.*
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.