Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Batman help & Dock Woloper

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Batman help & Dock Woloper

Has anybody read Ed Burns' new comic Dock Woloper? I think it's pretty good. I'm a sucker for noir/gangster stuff.

My other question is about Batman. I just recently got into comics. I've never been into the whole superhero comics. Some of them have been around for so long I feel like I'd be lost.

That being said, the one superhero I've always liked is Batman. I always thought it was cool that he didn't have any superpowers.

I kind of want to get into the Batman comics, but I don't know where to start. I'd rather start with recent stuff. Is there any new Batman stuff that I should keep my eyes open for?

Thanks.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the fold. I'm not sure how recent you want it, but here goes...

Batman : Year One - Initially released in the 80's, it remains the definitive modernization of who and what Batman is. A good chunk of Batman Begins was based off of Year One.

Batman : The Long Halloween - Takes place soon after the events of Year One and focuses on a year long mystery involving Bruce, Jim Gordon and Harvey Dent.

The Killing Joke - The seminal Joker tale.

Arhkam Asylum - Getting to know Batman's rogue's gallery one sick twisted bastard at a time.

No Man's Land - Gotham City is destroyed by an earthquake. The U.S Government cuts off federal aid and lets the city fend for itself.

JLA : Tower of Babel - The Justice League is taken down simultaneously by an assailant using Batman's fail safes against his team mates.

Hush - A deconstruction of Batman after he is gravely injured by someone who knows him inside and out.

Good luck and happy reading!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jimmy.

That's just the kind of information I was looking for.

No problem. I only use my geeky powers for good.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not new, but don't forget The Dark Knight Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Not new, but don't forget The Dark Knight Returns.
    I stuck with the in-continuity stuff just to cause no confusion. Still Servant should build up a true enjoyment of Batman before delving into TDK or there's a chance he might not be able to fully appreciate the story.